Dali or Jamo......

nari

Hi Friends,

Could some one let me know what to buy.

I recently came to copenhagen, denmark. Tell me which speakers and sub should i need to buy here. I have a lot of options here

Dali
Jamo
B&W
Monitor Audio
B&O
KEF
Audiovector

I am planning to buy n setup total HT. Firstly good speakers and then i would like to know which Receiver will be best against those speakers. Here i can get

Marantz, Harman Kardon, Yamaha

See the below link for receivers
Tape Connection
Receiver not great that 3500 Kroner (3500 * 8rs = 28000). Is it worthy to buy receiver here or is better to buy in india.

And regarding the speakers here i have a option i can go for second hand, is it worth to buy second hand one, will get the total HT pacage at less than 4000 kroner.

Give me suggestions. I will be back to india in may and need to buy by april.

Narayana Reddy

The below link has all the second one lists,

Hjttalere - Brugt B&O Beolab, Bang & Olufsen Beovox, B&O Red Line, B&W, Bose - dba.dk

Dali Ikon 6 HT package. You just cant go wrong with that combo. (personal experience:cool:)

Ikon 6 Speakers

But then, if you can afford, do audition the new Helicon 800MK2. They are so classy and majestic, one will fall in love with them at first sight.

Helicon 800 MK2Speakers

Best Regards.

if you are in Denmark and don't mind splurging..i thought audiophile products from Gryphon Audio Designs were the ones to go for..

Audio is the one of the main industries in Denmark. You could probably walk down any street ad find a manufacturer. Besides Gryphon there are a host of others like Kharma, Peak Consult, Gamut, etc. etc.

All depends on how much you are willing to spend.

Dear Nari,

The Dali Ikon 6 is one of the finest speakers in its class.
Consider the Marantz, Nad and Cambridge audio av receivers to along with it.
Yamaha, denon & onkyo wont do justice to this speaker.

Regards
SNV

Nari back...

Thanks for the valuable information, really stunned on c'ing the Gryphon and Gamut.

Here after checking and browsing longer, looking for Marantz Receivers from the below
Arcam
Marantz
Rotel .

Am thinking for marantz (it suits well for my price range and the remaining are dreams)
1. Marantz SR 4001 AV receiver
2. Marantz SR 5001 AV receiver.

Please friends let me know the which one of marantz recievers can i go for.

It is interesting that i saw a new brand Densen from denmark., myself never heard about it.. if anyone like it, please go thro' the below link.,
Densen Audio Technologies
AV-Connection A/S ... HiFi- og Hjemmebio- udstyr, kabler og tilbehr

And regarding the speakers .,. i am browsing and browsing for the good deals/offers.

Thanks Hifi friends,
nari

Re: Rotel RA985

Here i got a good deal/sale, found ROTEL RX985 in a shop, it is a demo piece.

Is it a good deal.

Thought not to go for AV receiver, better i go for a good Int Amp.

Why do you think Denon wont do justice to Dali Ikons?!

Dear Unleashme,

A similar pedigree Marantz would outperform the Denon in two channel.
If the application is purely AV, then Nari could very well consider the Denon.
But if he intends to listen to a lot of music, the Marantz is superior to the Denon, IMO ofcourse.

Regards
SNV

Got you! Marantz is definitely more musical than Denon. My question was regarding AV setup in specific. Looks like we are on the same page!

Re: Rotel RA985

Thought not to go for AV receiver, better i go for a good Int Amp.

Very good idea, if you are specifically looking for HiFi purpose only. Convergence is almost always a compromise.

Wish there were more ppl like you!

Best Regards.

What about Dynaudio? I don't know any of their speakers apart from the entry-level Audience series but perhaps someone else could make a suggestion.

Dali Ikon 6 Auditioned

HI friends,

Yesterday auditioned Dali Ikon 6 with NAD C372. It sounds really well.
Frankly speaking i am not a audiophile just trying to build my first HIFI setup before coming to india.

Dinyaar, Do you have any idea of Ikon 6 price in india, b'caz carrying from denmark is bit heptic.

On browsing found many HIFI shops in copenhagen, i started visiting this week, so almost listening all the best available here.
I found Audiovector Mi3 Signature speakers well.

I finalised dali and just looking forward for your help regarding the Integrated Amplifier. I will be in denmark for one more month. Would like to buy best suitable amp for dali.

Does any one here know Exposure Amp's, how are they.

Regards,
Narayana

Re: Dali Ikon 6 Auditioned

HI friends,

Frankly speaking i am not a audiophile just trying to build my first HIFI setup before coming to india.

Dinyaar, Do you have any idea of Ikon 6 price in india, b'caz carrying from denmark is bit heptic.

On browsing found many HIFI shops in copenhagen, i started visiting this week, so almost listening all the best available here.

I finalised dali and just looking forward for your help regarding the Integrated Amplifier. I will be in denmark for one more month. Would like to buy best suitable amp for dali.

Regards,
Narayana

Dear Nari,

Since you are in Copenhagen, try to hear the Cyrus 8vs2 with the Dali Ikon 6. IMO, they pair very well.
The Dali Ikon 6 is now priced at rs 64k only. I think its a steal at this price.

Regards
SNV

Dear Nari,

Since you are in Copenhagen, try to hear the Cyrus 8vs2 with the Dali Ikon 6. IMO, they pair very well.
The Dali Ikon 6 is now priced at rs 64k only. I think its a steal at this price.

Regards
SNV

Ditto that.

Other than that, Densen. Carrying an amp would not be that difficult. So you can definitely bring two. One for yourself, one for me :)

HI friends,

Regards,
Narayana

Hi Nari,

Its going to be a little difficult to carry the Dalis all the way from Copen hagen and as Snv mentioned its 64K here so try doing the costing. I think it would be better to buy locally and instead as Ranjeet said get a good integrated amp.
I am not sure if these amps would be cheaper in Denmark or here at home as the scandinavian countries are notoriously expensive.
But please dont carry a Nad 372 all the way from there.
My two suggestions are Primare and Densen. Since both are scandinavian availabilty will not be a problem and though the nad is a bigger amp these two are in a different league in every musical aspect and sadly also the price.
Best regards and a safe journey home.

Last edited:

...Does any one here know Exposure Amp's, how are they....

If I remember correctly, I’ve heard the Exposure 2010 with the same make CDP. It has this old school look and you can’t expect the usual gimmicks that you find in the modern day amps. How did it sound? Pretty decent. Am not sure if you could still pick up one, but if you can, it’s a really good amp. May be you can pick up its CD player sibling also. Could be a very nice combo to have.

HI

Thanks all for ur valuable replies, today in copenhagen there was Spring Clearance sale only One hour in HIFIKLUBBEN shop, got some good deals on 325 and 372.

This evening i again auditioned Ikon6 with all NAD Intg amps and pre/power. Today i came to know what is 'CLEAR' in music, hifi guy swap Dire strait CD between all the combo's. Pre/power and 372 really sound good and very clear when compare to 325. And also listened VOLBEAT rock songs(Danish Rock Band). Rock is good in B&W 683 compared to Dali(Only Bass), but Dali is very clear.

So i picked one C372 for 4799 Kroners. And i also spoke to delhi distributor for dali speakers. He said 64k tag on Dali Ikon6 and also said he will give for a better price.

Regards,
Narayana

Hi Nari,

Its going to be a little difficult to get the Dalis from Copen hagen and as Snv mentioned its 64K here so try doing the costing. I think it would be better to buy locally and instead as Ranjeet said get a good integrated amp.
I am not sure if these amps would be cheaper in Denmark or here at home as the scandinavian countries are notoriously expensive.
But please dont carry a Nad 372 all the way from there.
My two suggestions are Primare and Densen. Since both are scandinavian availabilty will not be a problem and though the nad is a bigger amp these two are in a different league in every musical aspect and sadly also the price.
Best regards and a safe journey home.

Hi Dinyaar,

Sorry, before seeing the reply i bought c372. It is very heavy, i checked the price of CYRUS, PRIMARE, THULE, Densen etc. They are dam costlier here min 100k Rs. Densen has bigger price tag then all.
Had idea of buying THULE, but Hifi research student adviced me not to go for THULE as it is in Downstream. Donno exactly what he mean.

Could you please let me know what interconnects, cables and any will be good as i can buy it here itself.

Thanks
Narayana

If I remember correctly, I?ve heard the Exposure 2010 with the same make CDP. It has this old school look and you can?t expect the usual gimmicks that you find in the modern day amps. How did it sound? Pretty decent. Am not sure if you could still pick up one, but if you can, it?s a really good amp. May be you can pick up its CD player sibling also. Could be a very nice combo to have.

HI

The Exposure combo is really crystal clear sound, auditioned with Epos monitor(donno model) and Tannoy Sensys DC1. But today's offer of NAD pulled me side and happened to take 372.

Are these tannoy model any good.

Rgds,
Narayana

Back