Dali Zensor 1 vs Tannoy V 1

I have not heard both.. So no idea..

You can also consider Polk OWM 3/5, which are more efficient than the two you have mentioned.. It should demand less power from AVR..
Polk for movies is amazing man. But just movies. Nothing else. For music its very bad.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Polk for movies is amazing man. But just movies. Nothing else. For music its very bad.

You would anyway use a 80Hz crossover in the sub for movies.. Polk OWM looks really compact and can even fit in in tight locations..

If you pick a BS, it will have more depth of 25 - 30cms.. And that may be protruding from the walls.. OWM has approx 10cm depth.. (if that matters to you)..

You have your options now.. Also consider wall mount capability..

You would anyway use a 80Hz crossover in the sub for movies.. Polk OWM looks really compact and can even fit in in tight locations..

If you pick a BS, it will have more depth of 25 - 30cms.. And that may be protruding from the walls.. OWM has approx 10cm depth.. (if that matters to you)..

I designed my panel for the depth. [emoji16]
Quite happy with BS.

@Elangoas Have you ever tried polk OWM series which i am looking for the same reason which you mentioned.
Currently running boston acoustics A25 cos of depth its fixed above the ear level ( Living room main door is in place) which would not allow me to keep it in ear level.If i change to OWM series am i missing something compares to A25 Vs Owm 3/5.
58d6319aad6578cff430e04180719447.jpg
0fb5fa4b554e37f35ea5b28776ccb8b2.jpg

[emoji41]

@Elangoas Have you ever tried polk OWM series which i am looking for the same reason which you mentioned.
Currently running boston acoustics A25 cos of depth its fixed above the ear level ( Living room main door is in place) which would not allow me to keep it in ear level.If i change to OWM series am i missing something compares to A25 Vs Owm 3/5.
58d6319aad6578cff430e04180719447.jpg
0fb5fa4b554e37f35ea5b28776ccb8b2.jpg

[emoji41]
Iam thinking of Taga platinum S100 dipole aswel any user suggestions welcome.

[emoji41]

Currently running boston acoustics A25 cos of depth its fixed above the ear level ( Living room main door is in place) which would not allow me to keep it in ear level.If i change to OWM series am i missing something compares to A25 Vs Owm 3/5.[emoji41]

Nope.. Never tried them..But i use Sonodyne Avant LCR 250 which is very similar to Polk OWM 5 as fronts & center..

Are these your front speakers?

Nope.. Never tried them..But i use Sonodyne Avant LCR 250 which is very similar to Polk OWM 5 as fronts & center..

Are these your front speakers?
NO these boston acoustics A25 are my surround and surround back speakers.Front is Energy CF70 towers.
Sonodyne Avant LCR 250 is obsolete models or stil available ?
Whats your opine on Taga Harmony platinum S-100.iam not able to make out it is Bipole or Dipole nowhere it is mentioned even in product info page in Taga website

[emoji41]

NO these boston acoustics A25 are my surround and surround back speakers. Front is Energy CF70 towers.

Then Polk OWM 5 should do it for you..

Sonodyne Avant LCR 250 is obsolete models or stil available ?

Aavnt LCR250 has been discontinued & replaced with newer models in the same range..

Whats your opine on Taga Harmony platinum S-100.iam not able to make out it is Bipole or Dipole nowhere it is mentioned even in product info page in Taga website[emoji41]

I think it is Bipole..I haven't heard the S-100, but i use an other Platinum speaker LCR60 as surrounds..(Abt 11 cm depth)..

Choosing between bipole/normal speaker would be to do with room dimensions & preference..

This post should help you - http://www.hifivision.com/speakers/64519-surrounds-ear-level-above-ear-level-angled-tilted-better.html#post710879

I know couple of FM have S-100, post your query on Taga owners thread, and that FM should help you with inputs on S-100..

Then Polk OWM 5 should do it for you..

Aavnt LCR250 has been discontinued & replaced with newer models in the same range..

I think it is Bipole..I haven't heard the S-100, but i use an other Platinum speaker LCR60 as surrounds..(Abt 11 cm depth)..

Choosing between bipole/normal speaker would be to do with room dimensions & preference..

This post should help you - http://www.hifivision.com/speakers/...ar-level-angled-tilted-better.html#post710879

I know couple of FM have S-100, post your query on Taga owners thread, and that FM should help you with inputs on S-100..
How about your experience with Platinum speaker LCR60 as surrounds.which AVR you are using with.i see in those speakers have ports front side so no issues in wall mount i feel.May be i will consider these speakers aswell.

[emoji41]

How about your experience with Platinum speaker LCR60 as surrounds.

Itz convinving & i like them doing surround duty..

which AVR you are using with.

Denon x 3300

i see in those speakers have ports front side so no issues in wall mount i feel.May be i will consider these speakers aswell.

These speakers can be used both horizontally/vertically and have key-hole mount provisions for both application.. Each speaker is around 15K, when i got it few months back..

May I know why you ruled out Zensor 3?

I said I liked the sound from zensor-1 than any other speaker from zensor series, basically it depends on your personal taste . This hobby is ever evolving process and you never know , when your taste is going to change as time goes..so nothing is right or wrong in this hobby..

Guys I decided to buy Wharfedale.
Diamond 220 LR
Diamond 220 C
Velodyne Subwoofer

From my view it's the same as Q acoustics just quite cheeper.

Thanks for your insights and views. Can't thank enough for helping me in my judgement.

I am planning on buying either one bookshelf. Please don't tell me about floor standers as it will not be possible in my apartment.

I searched and searched but I never got onto the conclusion here. So I want you people the experts and the people who auditioned.

Tell me your thoughts, shower me with insights.
Waiting patiently for the comments.

Dali Zensor 1 was good one ,I have not heard Tannoy so no comments.Also u can consider Zensor3 in place of Zensor 1 which will give you more bass .

Dali Zensor 1 was good one ,I have not heard Tannoy so no comments.Also u can consider Zensor3 in place of Zensor 1 which will give you more bass .

For that I have a velodyne subwoofer.

Can you please elaborate on this for my better understanding.

Each speaker has their own sound signature ( the tonal qualities) , based on that the likings differs from person to person .I have heard wharfedales few times,it is warm sounding speakers which is good for long duration listening.So the best way is to select speakers by proper dedicated auditioning . Otherwise based on reviews or other opinion if u select it ,u may end up getting speaker which u may not like it because of your personal taste.Tatsy most of the forum memi suggest for auditioning.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back