Dali Zensor 3 Vs Elac B6

I guess Zelda is still doing A B tests:eek:hyeah:

Good one. B6 must be one of the most reviewed and tested pair of speakers.

MaSh

I was busy for last few weeks. But I have been testing whenever I can :).

My initial impressions are that both has got different signatures. Z3 is towards warmer side and is more prominent in higher end frequencies and vocal where as Elacs are more focused towards Low ends and mids. This is not a good or a bad thing for any of the contenders but these characteristics define their signature.

Since the Elacs has lesser sensitivity, if you switch the speakers using A and B on the amp , the elacs produces less volume and this makes you think that you are missing something when compared to Z3. But I raised the volume a bit when I switch to Elacs for a fairer comparison and I made the observations in this volume settings.

In short Both are excellent speakers for the price and there in no better speaker. It all comes to your personal taste as Andrew Jones used to say in all his talks "It's like what flavor do you like" :)

I was busy for last few weeks. But I have been testing whenever I can :).

My initial impressions are that both has got different signatures. Z3 is towards warmer side and is more prominent in higher end frequencies and vocal where as Elacs are more focused towards Low ends and mids. This is not a good or a bad thing for any of the contenders but these characteristics define their signature.

Since the Elacs has lesser sensitivity, if you switch the speakers using A and B on the amp , the elacs produces less volume and this makes you think that you are missing something when compared to Z3. But I raised the volume a bit when I switch to Elacs for a fairer comparison and I made the observations in this volume settings.

In short Both are excellent speakers for the price and there in no better speaker. It all comes to your personal taste as Andrew Jones used to say in all his talks "It's like what flavor do you like" :)

That is excellent feedback. This is going to help a Lot of people I suppose.

Would you agree that for pure Stereo music setup Elac would do better especially with that nice bass response and Dali would do better for movies accompanied with a Sub?

Which amp did you use? Which pair are you going to keep?

MaSh

That is excellent feedback. This is going to help a Lot of people I suppose.

Would you agree that for pure Stereo music setup Elac would do better especially with that nice bass response and Dali would do better for movies accompanied with a Sub?

Which amp did you use? Which pair are you going to keep?

MaSh

I may keep both for a while but I prefer the Elacs due to the the better bass response and due to the signature which emphasis low and Mid. Dalis with a sub will be a excellent choice for movies as you have pointed out . They will not be bad in a music setup either..

The fit and finish is better on Dalis especially with the grills off. Nice glossy back with maroon 7inch drivers are better to look at than the Elacs.

I may keep both for a while but I prefer the Elacs due to the the better bass response and due to the signature which emphasis low and Mid. Dalis with a sub will be a excellent choice for movies as you have pointed out . They will not be bad in a music setup either..

The fit and finish is better on Dalis especially with the grills off. Nice glossy back with maroon 7inch drivers are better to look at than the Elacs.

Yes the Bass response of the Elac is good, however, now that I have a Sub, I am missing some of the highs. For movies its excellent, however when it comes to Music Switching off the Sub, turning the speakers into Large and then again switching back is quite cumbersome. Have a feeling, Dali might just suit my requirement better. :confused:

Where are you located in Bangalore?

:thumbsup:
MaSh

Last edited:
Isn't it Dali Z3 with a bigger 7inch should be better in bass ?

Not always. Here is where engineering surpasses common assumptions. :)

I remember Andrew Jones saying that we do not need a Subwoofer in this room when he did a demo for the B5. So it is evident that he was more focused on bass response when he was designing the Debut series and it has payed off.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for upcoming Uni-Fi series from AJ. :licklips:

Last edited:
Will pioneer vsx 921 drive elac b6 . Is the output enough to drive elac b6

rinas
Well any amp can drive any speaker. How well or how badly should be the question. I was using a marantz nr series receiver rated at 50w to drive them. And they sounded good, till I sold them and the new buyer used a more powerful Peachtree amp. As per him the speakers are now actually singing.

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3

Dali z3 has amazing bass. I have been using them for 3 months and very much impressed. I am using it along with zensor vokal nd zensor one for my denon 2400 and let me tell u the speakers are amazing. Excellent sound quality and bass I am so much in love with the zensor’s

Dali z3 has amazing bass. I have been using them for 3 months and very much impressed. I am using it along with zensor vokal nd zensor one for my denon 2400 and let me tell u the speakers are amazing. Excellent sound quality and bass I am so much in love with the zensor’s
I have heard the Z3 and also the Elac B6, the B6 is a clear winner in terms of bass.

Glad that you liked it .
I have heard the Zensor 7's at a friends place in Chennai, they are good too.
Yeah z7 is the tower version of z3. Dali is definite a quality brand for speakers. Built quality also very solid. So what are the best subwoofers you have auditioned in 30-50k budget

Curious and following this post. From whatever limited listening I have done on both, at various points in time though, spread across 5-6 months, I noticed that the B6 are quite warm with a lower sensitivity, need a decently high powered modern amp or a decent vintage amp to get them going to their optimum performance levels. The Z3, however, will be satisfied with moderately powered amps(in the range of Marantz pm5xxx, pm6xxx, or a Denon Avr x1200, etc), and they are brighter of course as compared to the B6. More importantly I think it all depends on the listening of the individual. I personally like the Z3 better, waiting to hear what the others think.

Who will listen the music from the speaker. You or Us?

Hope you have got the answer.

Keep yourself away from all this Pre/ Post purchase customer behaviours.:)

Hi All,

This is a much discussed topic and I would like to start a new thread regarding the same as I have bought a pair of Zensor 3 and I already have B6 for last 6 months.

Which one do you think is better ?:)

The main concern is with your listening taste, if you wish to listen to the bright speakers Dali are best.

Just goes to show how different our perceptions of sound are. Haven't heard the Elac yet, but have a Dali (Z5, Z3, Vokals and E12F sub)+ Yamaha AVR setup. No regrets at all for music and movies. Bass is tight and punchy and I love that Dali smooth silky kind of highs, in both 2 / 2.1 and 5.1 modes. Have heard the Dali's on NAD, Marantz, Yamaha, Roksan, amps. They sing beautifully. I felt Denon makes the Dali harsh. Its all about our ears, and with age, we won't be hearing many frequencies anyway. Looking forward to hearing the Elac soon at a friend's place who just got the B6. He has got a vintage Sansui amp, so that should be interesting indeed.

Perception differs. I have heard both Dali Z3 and ELAC B6 (which I owned). For me, ELAC B6 is musical, warmer and shows its boldness when connected to a stereo amplifier. It's fullest potential will be found only when it is given the right power. Zensor 3 is slightly sharper to my ears.

Last edited:
test -> ElacDebutB6 Elac Debut B6
03.jpg
Isn't this the Elac UniFi Series and not the Debut series?

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back