Dark Gray Screen

Moonlit silver (M005) is the glitter base paint without any colour..

So you will need to buy 1 ltr of Royal Atmos grey sheen paint is 6142 + 1 ltr of Moonlit silver (M005) glitter base paint..

Use 225ml of Moonlit silver (M005) glitter base paint with 1 ltr of Royal Atmos grey sheen paint is 6142..
Today I went to the shop to check the paints at Asian paints exclusive shop, Royal Atmos grey (6142) is available,, but Moonlight silver with color code M005 not a valid color code as per them,they checked in their software, they are saying code may be M002 which is silver and available in 200ml tin.

Are you sure code is M005? And also where did this mix orginated from?? Please reply...

Today I went to the shop to check the paints at Asian paints exclusive shop, Royal Atmos grey (6142) is available,, but Moonlight silver with color code M005 not a valid color code as per them,they checked in their software, they are saying code may be M002 which is silver and available in 200ml tin.

Are you sure code is M005? And also where did this mix orginated from?? Please reply...

Ok.. This is custom mix (colour codes), which i wanted to try and deviated from grey sheen paint 6142 as i couldn't get my hand on aluminium flakes..

I used these "Moonlit silver (M005) is the base paint & added color code Silver Escapade (M604)" to match it close to the grey.. This colour code is from Royale Glitter..

Here are pictures from Royale Glitter catalogue..

6MyCYj7.jpg

zUBhTuY.jpg

Last edited:
Ok.. This is custom mix (colour codes), which i wanted to try and deviated from grey sheen paint 6142 as i couldn't get my hand on aluminium flakes..

I used these "Moonlit silver (M005) is the base paint & added color code Silver Escapade (M604)" to match it close to the grey.. This colour code is from Royale Glitter..

6MyCYj7.jpg

zUBhTuY.jpg
ok,
So which is closest mix available for Black widow ultra in India? Is it 6142 + M005 ?
Or M005+ M604 or any other? Royally confused now :D

ok,
So which is closest mix available for Black widow ultra in India? Is it 6142 + M005 ?
Or M005+ M604 or any other? Royally confused now :D

You can use the same 6142 ( 1 ltr) with a portion of M005 (Moonlit silver - 225ml) instead of Aluminium flakes.. Moonlit silver is the base paint without any colour.. This should do IMO as you are not deviating from the recommended colour..

Though i had used M005+ M604, i wouldn't recommended using this as the screen glows in bright areas of the scenes..

6MyCYj7.jpg

zUBhTuY.jpg
Today I went again with this catalogue you posted, still they couldn't find it in their software, they said they will call me tomorrow after consulting.

And about Grey paint 6142 , should I buy "Matte finish" or soft "sheen finish".
Royal atmos 6142 is available in only matte finish, Royal luxury emulsion 6142 is soft sheen and Royal Aspira 6142 is also soft sheen.
So which one to buy matte finish or soft sheen finish.?

Royal Atmos 6142 is matt finish.
Royal Aspira 6142 is soft sheen.
Royal luxury emulsion 6142 is soft sheen.

Today I went again with this catalogue you posted, still they couldn't find it in their software, they said they will call me tomorrow after consulting.

Royal atmos 6142 is available in only matte finish, Royal luxury emulsion 6142 is soft sheen and Royal Aspira 6142 is also soft sheen.

Though i have never used or seen the 6142, i guess it has to be soft sheen.. Other members in this thread has used it actually..

Please share your Wall paint photo's & projected screen effect on this

You can use the same 6142 ( 1 ltr) with a portion of M005 (Moonlit silver - 225ml) instead of Aluminium flakes.. Moonlit silver is the base paint without any colour.. This should do IMO as you are not deviating from the recommended colour..

Though i had used M005+ M604, i wouldn't recommended using this as the screen glows in bright areas of the scenes..
Elangoas, I am revisiting this thread.

Have to get my projector screen painted on wall.

I could not find M005 on the Asian Paints website. Is the shade/code changed ?

I found them at a local store. Haven't checked the website yet. The result isn't exactly a grey shade. It is much lighter in matte finish. No hotspots, better blacks. So happy with the result.

Projector should be calibrated for better results. Just painting the wall would not help much.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back