Dealers in Pune

Vijay Sales is selling the Mission M34i at Rs. 18,620/- as against an MRP of 25,550/-.

Has anyone heard these speakers extensively ?

~Swapnil

Is there anyway of getting hold of a Samung/ Sony Bluray player 1.3 or later at a reasonable price in Pune ? Since prices have fallen to around the $200 mark in EU I would consider a price of 15K reasonable for a Blu ray.

Sadly, Samsung dealers have no clue about theri products and their company HQ does not bother to respond to emails, ditto for Toshiba, from whom I wanted information ...or perhaps they did not receive my emails!

Vijay Sales is selling the Mission M34i at Rs. 18,620/- as against an MRP of 25,550/-.

~Swapnil

im very interested too.
will come down to pune the weekend after next if these are still availble.

how come differnt vijay sales have different speakers / brands on demo.
2 branches her in mumbai have only yamaha and onkyo

im very interested too.
will come down to pune the weekend after next if these are still availble.

how come differnt vijay sales have different speakers / brands on demo.
2 branches her in mumbai have only yamaha and onkyo

The speakers are available in the Baner-Road branch. They also have the M33i, but its only available in Mumbai currently.

~Swapnil

Any idea where i can audtion Monitor audio RS6/8 and Ushers in Pune..
Seems a long shot.

regards

~Swapnil

My friend own a pair and he seems to like it more than Bose Acoustimasses. Anyway, I did a little researching on Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 against Missions...and found folks in UK seemed to prefer the Diamonds in 90% cases.
I myself own Diamond 9.1 and I was thinking of getting a pair of Missions seeing the reduced cost of them... so now after rethinking, I'm planning to invest in a good cd-player instead.

Hello all the Pune members,

Although I am from Kolkata, I just wanted to share a little experience with one of the dealerships in Pune. I called Mr. Nishikant Sapre of Focal Audio Systems Pvt. Ltd. on his cell (number available on their website) and told him that I was calling from Kolkata and wanted to know the price of Densen B110 integrated amp (Focal Audio is the distributor in India of Densen). He told me that he was going to call me back in 10 minutes, but never did.

Since I do not know these people at all, I am not going to make a judgement on them. All I can say is that the guy was not warm at all on the phone, at least that was my impression. Perhaps somebody who may know these people can kindly get the information (on the price) for me. Or was I calling the wrong guy? I just followed the phone numbers on the webpage, and it mentioned Nishikant as the person in sales.

Let me however again emphasize that I do not want to pass a judgement on a person based on a phone call of hardly a minute. I have talked to a few of the AV dealers (in cities other than Kolkata, people whom I do not know at all) and enquired about certain products, because in Kolkata there are only a few of the brands available and the ones that are supposed to be available are usually not carried. So far I got very warm discussions with all, at times extending into almost chat sessions. However, this guy was eager to get rid of me and never called back.

Hi Asit

Your experience is not unique/unheard of.Regarding the densen price, let me see if i can get it here in pune.

Many audio dealers do the same : i.e don't respond to questions of customers. Wether they don't want you as customer or don't have the curtsey to answer or simply lack the knowledge, they do it.

I had called Mr Vijay from BOOMARANG , a dealer in mumbai mobile no 09820082910 about different queries .. one about MA and another about Yamaha AvR. Most of the times he did no know off hand prices of latest yamahaa reciver. Usually he says i will call back in fifteen minutes for any query but never does. It was a royap pain in a.. to get the price of yamaha 663 and 863 out of him ; and these prices were 5-15k more than price listeded on sumaria.co.in. Wether he had goofed up i dont know.
yam 663 he quoted 52100/ and 863 79300/ i dont know how.
SUMARIA PRICES : 40,699 / and 863 63,499/
This prices heVijay confirmed from his price list.

I think it is reasonable for a AV dealer to keep up with latest prices of at least fast moving items. They should devote time to surf the net for features and regularly go through common price lists.

regards

Last edited:
Hello all the Pune members,

I called Mr. Nishikant Sapre of Focal Audio Systems Pvt. Ltd. on his cell (number available on their website) and told him that I was calling from Kolkata and wanted to know the price of Densen B110 integrated amp (Focal Audio is the distributor in India of Densen). He told me that he was going to call me back in 10 minutes, but never did.

..........................was I calling the wrong guy? I just followed the phone numbers on the webpage, and it mentioned Nishikant as the person in sales.

.....................However, this guy was eager to get rid of me and never called back.

Asit, Nishikant is THE person. I had the same experience that you had with Mr Nishikant, when I interacted with Focal for the first time. After repeated failed attempts in getting Nishikant, I finaly reached to his boss Akshay and then everything went smoothly. I got a prompt and proper response , compete price list, discounts followed by a home audition of Vincent product. And then Nishikant made couple of followup calls too to get the feedback on Vincent!

By the way, the Densen prices mentioned in AV MAX are correct you may use it as a ref (starting point for negotiations) , if want to audition Densen then drop at AV Excellence , Pune (Akshay Complex, Dhole Patil road) see either Mr Amit or Mr Anand Lulla (owner), they have a DENSEN Integrated on demo.

DENSENs are way expensive and no GOOD for the price .

Last edited:
Bazee, thanks a lot for your reply. As Suhas has said, the price in AVMax is a good starting point.

Hi Suhas, thanks for your input. I value it. Actually right now I am trying to build some kind of a database on the possibility of an amp update. When I am done with more homework, I shall probably initiate a thread on it some time in future. Finances have to agree too.

One thing I must say to all members in Pune, you have a lot more options on AV equipments with possibility of auditioning there than what we have at the moment in Kolkata. And I envy you all!

Bazee, thanks a lot for your reply. As Suhas has said, the price in AVMax is a good starting point.

Hi Suhas, thanks for your input. I value it. Actually right now I am trying to build some kind of a database on the possibility of an amp update. When I am done with more homework, I shall probably initiate a thread on it some time in future. Finances have to agree too.

One thing I must say to all members in Pune, you have a lot more options on AV equipments with possibility of auditioning there than what we have at the moment in Kolkata. And I envy you all!

what is your opinion of Digital Acoustics, Kolkata. They are dealers for Onkyo, JBL, Ohm, Tannoy, B&W, harman Kardon, Cadence and Projection Design. They also do 'Invisible' speakers.

Hi fiashok (sorry, could not resist it, hope you don't mind! I was planning to do that for some time if ever I address you or hifijunky.),

You know what, I have never been there. I have had a few interactions with them on the phone though.

Beginning of 2007 when my HK6300 amp (bought in 1989) started giving me some trouble, I called them and the guy told me that it would cost me something like 14-15K because he just had such a repair done on a similar amp. When I was asking about new amps, the guy started bragging about some high-end 4-5 lakh amp that they had just installed somewhere. Somehow I did not feel I was getting proper help from him. I eventually bought a new amp from SKS Traders in Kolkata who also gave me the phone number of one Rajesh Tanna who apparently is one of two real amp-repair expert in Kolkata and Mr. Tanna ultimately repaired my HK amp for a meagre Rs 800 although the work was very tedious.

End of 2008 when I was again in search of a new CDP, I again called them (although "myriad", another member of this forum from Kolkata already told me that Digital Acoustics does not carry any CDP) and obviously found out first hand that they do not have any CDP.

In between I made a few calls to them about interconnects and speaker cables and got rather impolite answers like they did not have anything under 10K or something.

So my impression on them cannot be called too positive at the moment. But this could be a case where either party has not given the other too much of a try. I probably should have gone there once when the owner is there and could have found out more about him and the store and see whether we could hit it off. I have heard though from other sources in Kolkata that he is quite knowledgeable. I guess myriad is the right person to talk about them. The Cadence gear he was recently selling was bought from them? or am I wrong? Myriad certainly knows them and has bought something from them for sure.

Well, I am now settled in Kolkata and I guess some day I will have some chance to interact with them.

I wish to know the Yamaha dealers in Pune. As the price being quoted for a Yamaha receiver is very exagerrated. So I wish to get it at a right price from right place.

I was at this exhibition called "Utsav" today morning, organized by Sakal group, at the engineering college grounds. There was a stall by the name "Rohit Enterprises" which had Monitor Audio, NAD, TEAC, PSB products on demo. The address printed on the brochure reads 97, Shukrawar Peth, Payas Society, Pune 30.
email: [email protected], mobile: 9822326001.

"Rohit Enterprises" 97, Shukrawar Peth, Payas Society, Pune 30.
email: [email protected], mobile: 9822326001.

+1 to this dealer, he is quite helpful and also has a rare option of exchange in pune which I did not get anywhere specially in pune

Hi Guys

Based on my experience, Pankaj Music (Pankaj Televideo) at lakshmi road, near Vijay Talkies is a good dealer with decent demo room. He has all yamaha, denon etc. except onkyo. Also he equally attends all budget customers with the same interest. He has a collection of speakers as well. Mr. Sandesh takes care of HIFI audio section there and he knows what he is selling.

Around a year ago i was searching for some dealer in pune for my budget of 40 AVR + Speakers and was surprise to see Pankaj Music dealing into this.

He has great collection of music CDs, games and AV accessories.

Hope this info helps you !

Cheers
Rahul

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back