death of my car..

2. stay away from hyundai cars - they all suck wrt driving dynamics including accent (they put a powerful diesel in a lolly car i.e. verna) - since I know a bit or two about cars hence telling you. Till 6o or in the city its ok but anything beyond that - its a recipe for disaster. Add a variable i.e. rain

You are getting me scared man... driving a petrol Verna since 2006.... almost from the inception stage..... no problem at all so far ..... add as many variables you want...... swiming pool like calcutta roads at monsoon..... muddy village road ....... around 60km travel everyday..... pick up ... control.... absolutely no problem........ I resepect your 'bit or two about cars ' but fortunately you are absolutely wrong in my case ..... thank god....

sorry for being off topics a bit guys.....

And feeling sorry Thereonhorse for the accident...... thank god you are safe......

Last edited:
Ironhorse,

My heart goes out to you & your dear mangled car. Ofcourse God saved you & your family but do not forget 'Her'. I get very disturbed & emotional when i see cars damaged beyond repair, was part of this industry hence came across many such cases.
As far as Hyundai is concerned, nothing wrong with them, obviously any standard car taken beyond its limits will not be safe. Have driven an accent @ 170 odd & braked like crazy to avoid hitting a cow(man that was a nightmare drive!), was saved by the ONE above... still remember the 180 degree drift :D
2 things always go hand in hand, how you maintain the car & how you treat her. Rest assured if you look after her, she will always look after you. God Bless Yours:)

You are getting me scared man... driving a petrol Verna since 2006.... almost from the inception stage..... no problem at all so far ..... add as many variables you want...... swiming pool like calcutta roads at monsoon..... muddy village road ....... around 60km travel everyday..... pick up ... control.... absolutely no problem........ I resepect your 'bit or two about cars ' but fortunately you are absolutely wrong in my case ..... thank god....

sorry for being off topics a bit guys.....

And feeling sorry Thereonhorse for the accident...... thank god you are safe......

there are cars and there are cars....

@sanjub22 - no harm done mate but there are far better handling cars in that segment. The Ikon/Esteem/Dzire in fact is way better than Accent and Fiesta/City/Sx4 handle far better than a Accent. Please go and drive all the cars before you make a comment. I have driven all and more hence my observation....

btw kolkata roads are no match for hyderabad, chennai, pune - and I am from calcutta (spend nearly 22 years there)

@ denom - hope you were joking. An Accent would have a hard time reaching 170 (top whack at around 180) with the petrol/diesel engine - wonder how a cow got into a racetrack.:indifferent14:

To finish off friends - just drive safe - sometimes no fault of yours can endanger your life and someone else's too or them ending up in coma etc. Trust me I know :indifferent14:

@ denom - hope you were joking. An Accent would have a hard time reaching 170 (top whack at around 180) with the petrol/diesel engine - wonder how a cow got into a racetrack.
Suprateep,
Have done so, have you driven the Accent Tornado GTX??? As for the cow, its was on the mum-pun expressway... if you've driven there that is :rolleyes:

Suprateep,
Have done so, have you driven the Accent Tornado GTX???
OT: Denom is right. I have driven the Tornado GTX, it has a twin cam engine and is a relatively fast car. I am sure it can manage 170 kmph. My modded MPFI Esteem has done 190, but not anymore as the config has now been changed to make more power in the initial and mid and can now manage a top whack of 170 with two passengers and 150 with 4. But both cars don't feel safe after 130.

Again OT, I believe each car has its strengths and weaknesses. One should choose the car based on their requirement. Hyundai makes mass market cars, they are functional, economical and safe as long as you don't push it. Two Hyundai cars I have liked so far are:

• Terracan - for road presence, snob value and refinement at the time when it was launched
  • Diesel Getz with the Verna engine - Diesel pocket rocket it is

Have done so, have you driven the Accent Tornado GTX??? As for the cow, its was on the mum-pun expressway... if you've driven there that is :rolleyes:

Yes for the Accent Tornado GTX - a fats engine in a lolly car does nto make a great car (its all a sum of parts) - analogy would be settign up a emotiva + Krell system with an Ahuja PA system. And anyway it sold in very limited numbers.

And sorry I have never driven on the Pune -Mumbai expressway:lol: - My company provides me a fligth ticket to travel between the two:cool:

PS: Sometimes its nice to take constructive criticism - when it comes to a matter of life I would rather want to up the factor of safety. So at a particular cost there are much better cars than Accent is what I tried to imply. My last post of this thread.....

Glad you escaped unhurt. Where are the pics?

How was the soundstage during the crash? And imaging with respect to lamp post crunching into the chassis? Do you think a change in the source (lamp post) would have helped? :rolleyes:

Cheers :)

guess lamp post have broken the car.. but to be true saved us.. else we wud have been flyin somewhere in side the car ... toppled mutiple times and hurt... but that post gave the car a stop and we came out... pics coming in evening.. had fever as was wet all night as we towed the car to garage.. and got my ct scan reports... all fine...
left ear got a slight pain... now reduced

guess its gonna be like a new start for you!...life would mean a lot mooooore precious than it ever used to be!.only at times like this the we really understand the meaning/value of life! anyway thnk god for everythng's allright!....

Glad you escaped unhurt. Where are the pics?

How was the soundstage during the crash? And imaging with respect to lamp post crunching into the chassis? Do you think a change in the source (lamp post) would have helped? :rolleyes:

Cheers :)

Hi,

It is very subjective! I think you need to audition it by yourself, so do you have a car?

Cheers!

BTW: That was hilarious, but was a little too much in the context that we are discussing! I tried hard not to :).

Yes for the Accent Tornado GTX - a fats engine in a lolly car does nto make a great car (its all a sum of parts) - analogy would be settign up a emotiva + Krell system with an Ahuja PA system. And anyway it sold in very limited numbers.

And sorry I have never driven on the Pune -Mumbai expressway:lol: - My company provides me a fligth ticket to travel between the two:cool:

PS: Sometimes its nice to take constructive criticism - when it comes to a matter of life I would rather want to up the factor of safety. So at a particular cost there are much better cars than Accent is what I tried to imply. My last post of this thread.....

Then you may take my post as 'constructive criticism' as well :indifferent14:
Wanted to clarify since you doubted the Accent doing the speeds that I wrote about earlier.
The fact that you rubbed it in by saying you fly between mum-pun says it all.
Anyway, its your loss that you haven't driven on this expressway, as it is one of the few stretches of indian roads that makes driving really worth it (as far as people passionate about cars are concerned)
Just cleared my views on it, hope you don't take offence either.

Off Topic:

@Supra: I don't think anyone was criticising your views, so no offense was meant at you. Be mindful that others also have experiences that they would like to share and debate healthily. If you are referring to my post as criticism, I was merely trying to say that each buyer looks for something in a car, there are almost no cars which fulfil everything. For Eg, I like fast cars and was looking at the same budget as the Accent. I chose the Esteem, it is a naturally fast car, handles very well, responds well to even minor modification. But it is not safe at all and I am aware of it. Not that safety does not matter to me, just that you can't have everything at that price or even for double the budget. If one wants a comfortable car, they would choose an Accent. If one want Economy, they would chose an Tata Indigo. Whatever floats one's boat or car in this case.

If you do not want to participate on this thread any longer, that your decision. But I would have been interested to know what car according to you is a great car (sum of all parts) in the same budget(5 to 6.5 lacs) as the Accent?

Again, no offense meant mate.

Hi,

It is very subjective! I think you need to audition it by yourself, so do you have a car?

Cheers!

BTW: That was hilarious, but was a little too much in the context that we are discussing! I tried hard not to :).

Your retort beats me hands down at my own game!! Good one !! :lol:

Cheers

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back