Debate for Best 4K Qled TV - SAY NO TO OLED.

Wonder ..if you had the chance to check any of the Sonys' prices?
X9500G in Girias is 137K and Reliance digital in Phoenix is 135K. But girias guy said, if I'm making billing then he can try to reduce some more by talking to his manager. Don't remember exactly how much unilet guy told me..but I guess even that was 135K. I didn't bother much on Sony, because 55 inch model has not so good viewing angle. I'm kind of confused between Q80R and C9, mostly favoring towards C9.

BTW unilet is the the only place I could compare all three models. No others had all three... Either X950g was missing or Q80R was missing in other places.

X9500G in Girias is 137K and Reliance digital in Phoenix is 135K. But girias guy said, if I'm making billing then he can try to reduce some more by talking to his manager. Don't remember exactly how much unilet guy told me..but I guess even that was 135K. I didn't bother much on Sony, because 55 inch model has not so good viewing angle. I'm kind of confused between Q80R and C9, mostly favoring towards C9.

BTW unilet is the the only place I could compare all three models. No others had all three... Either X950g was missing or Q80R was missing in other places.
Interesting..gets me thinking if these guys have some good deals on the Sony oleds as well.. a little far for me but will try them out . Think if the difference between the Sony A8G and C9 is around 20k might consider it.. Had the chance to review these side by side today for a short time. The Sony may not seem as bright in the demos and stuff but the 4k content they played was clearly better overall even matching the C9's brightness . Motion's clearly better and so is the processing. The guy allowed me to play my own content (720p(Black Mirror, GOT),1080p(Dunkirk, Aquaman) and 4k sdr(Logan) 4k hdr10+(Alita-assuming it gets converted to hdr) on the C9 but I couldn't compare that with the Sony. On it's own with hdr /1080p and 720p the lg looked good

On another note, the Unilet guys were after me for a demo for almost 2 months at home. Guess it's part of LGs try and buy offer. U may ask for it to make up your mind but unsure if they would lend one this week

Last edited:
So 1.25 was excluding cashback as well?. Not bad if it is 117.5k (assuming 7.5k cashback). I tried Unilet at 1.4 and 1.37 at croma(both kalyan nagar) prior to the cashback. I probably suck at negotiating. :)
These prices are with soundbar?

These prices are with soundbar?
The unilet one without and the croma one with I believe. Unilet said it was 1.46 with. Only 6k for the sound bar? Anyways both the stores will call me later today

Croma also provides a 2k voucher for another product from the same store

LG Oled is good. Very good. But I took the plunge and went in for a Q80R instead. Why?

1. Insecurities about the OLED panel. My previous Samsung LED has run flawlessly for a decade and I expect my next TV to too.

2. The "blacks" are 80% (conservatively) of what the LG OLED panel offers. In day to day use, I don't find anything lacking.

3. Samsung has something called one connect. In my case it's a boon with just one transparent cable coming out of the TV. All other connections are neatly stacked away in a remotely placed box.

4. Robust build. This is a subjective one but something about Samsung's build quality reassured me as compared to LG's rather delicate looking panel. You could link this to point 1.

Overall, I'd have been happy with either. But there's a certain peace of mind that tipped the decision in Samsung's favour. And now that it's mounted at home, there's absolutely no inkling of any FOMO whatsoever.

Thanks for your post, it helped a lot to clarify my thinking. I bought the Q80R yesterday. I predominantly watch football and movies on cable TV (TataSky) with normal drawing room lighting. For 1+ lac, I wanted a certain peace of mind regarding the panel and want to keep the TV around for the next many years (our previous plasma TV lasted us a good 7-8 years but the panel started displaying horizontal lines since a couple of months and hence the need to buy a new TV). I got a good deal with the Samsung A50 mobile thrown in as part of the Samsung Diwali offer.

Thanks for your post, it helped a lot to clarify my thinking. I bought the Q80R yesterday. I predominantly watch football and movies on cable TV (TataSky) with normal drawing room lighting. For 1+ lac, I wanted a certain peace of mind regarding the panel and want to keep the TV around for the next many years (our previous plasma TV lasted us a good 7-8 years but the panel started displaying horizontal lines since a couple of months and hence the need to buy a new TV). I got a good deal with the Samsung A50 mobile thrown in as part of the Samsung Diwali offer.

How do you find its darkroom performance?

How do you find its darkroom performance?
I'm the wrong person to ask. I have rarely watched any tv content in a dark room. I primarily based my decision on articles on review sites since I didn't trust myself to choose the proper tv based on shop displays.

Vijay Sales, near Pune Railway Station offered me the Q80R for 1.15L (excluding cashback, but without the free phone). Just FYI.

Vijay Sales, near Pune Railway Station offered me the Q80R for 1.15L (excluding cashback, but without the free phone). Just FYI.
I bought it for 1.26L but with the phone (Samsung A50). On top of this you can get a cashback of 7.5K with the HDFC credit card.

That offers richer color contrast as compared to QLED's crystal-filtered backlight panel. If we had to go for one between 4K, we would prefer QLED 4K because it'll be much brighter and give better color coverage than UHD. The only exception will be if the UHD boosts other special features not offered on QLED models.
See: https://bitdifference.com/uled-vs-qled/

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back