Debate for Best 4K Qled TV - SAY NO TO OLED.

Q90R is stupidly expensive at 3.5 lac.we can get two flagship tvs one 55 inch and 65 inch (LG C9 or Sony X950G or Samsung own Q80R )in that price range.Panasonic GZ2000 which is suppose to be the best OLED tv this year is for 4300 pounds which is 3.75 lac

Indeed. C9 is the TV to buy this year in India. B9 if on a budget. I hope at least next year we'll have good budget FALDs in 40-60k budget. Any idea if the number of zones in the OnePlus TV have been counted?

This is not about objectivism. Your keep touting personal preference by going to showroom, but I'm simply highlighting that in a showroom you can't judge that because viewing conditions at home are different! If you know what I'm saying, and still recommend people to do it...boggles my mind. Why are you even on forums if you don't want to do what all we do here? What should we talk about? What's the purpose of the forum? Lol

It is about objectivity since you are talking about contrast and black levels. Viewing conditions are not the same in all showrooms and homes. You seem insistent on your own opinion (shared by some online) that you can not judge a TV in the showroom to the point that you have become convinced it is fact, probably because of the same vocal minority who parrot it online. The purpose of forums is sharing ideas for improved enjoyment when it comes to AV, not forcing views on others, with that I take my leave.

It is about objectivity since you are talking about contrast and black levels. Viewing conditions are not the same in all showrooms and homes. You seem insistent on your own opinion (shared by some online) that you can not judge a TV in the showroom to the point that you have become convinced it is fact, probably because of the same vocal minority who parrot it online. The purpose of forums is sharing ideas for improved enjoyment when it comes to AV, not forcing views on others, with that I take my leave.

Damn, dude! No, you can't judge black levels accurately, or blooming either, in brightly lit rooms because of....science!!!! This is the reason why bias lighting was used, to increase apparent contrast. This is why in a theater, even a dim lighting impacts the contrast in a big way, because when it's dark, your eyes can see further into the dark areas, but they can't when it's bright. I'm brightly lit showrooms, it'll be tough to even see bad blooming. This is another reason as to why in many bright room settings, gamma 2.2 is preferable than 2.4

You better take a leave from your ignorance, and do some basic research. These are all proven and tested phenomena and not opinions of a vocal minority. This is not even high school science.

Suppose I were not to buy an OLED, I would rather save some money and buy a Panasonic GX800 (less than 100k) with rave reviews or a LG SM9000- the nanocell tv (around 100k)- with HDMI 2.1. Both these were on my shortlist. If I wanted to save even more I would look at LG 7300 (under 60k) and wait for microLEDs. But these would all be compromises from LG C9.
Have you taken a demo of Gx800 even i was inclined to it but price is close to C9 . That's the dilemma

Rinas

Have you taken a demo of Gx800 even i was inclined to it but price is close to C9 . That's the dilemma

Rinas
GX800 price has dropped to below 90k- check tata cliq. Now the price difference is about 40k making it a good buy. Only thing is that in India Panasonic is using IPS panels while abroad its using VA panels. I personally have no issues with IPS panels but it could impact your decision.

I saw today Q900R 8K 98 Inch tv.I looked absolutely stunning in bright showroom.I have only seen on youtube before such big tvs .Everything looked superb n crystal clear.Not sure how regular 1080P or 4K content will look.but demo was very good.

LG has gone for really aggressive pricing this year. The C9 prices are below samsung QLEDs and Sony 950G. I dont see any point in buying the higher end LEDs at the price range. Also samsung and sony sales have been hampered by mid range budget TVs. Samsung has released a video on youtube to check for burn in !! Rather than upping their game and aggressive pricing they are trying to bring LG down . Samsung and Sony should see steep decline in sales this time around.

LG has gone for really aggressive pricing this year. The C9 prices are below samsung QLEDs and Sony 950G. I dont see any point in buying the higher end LEDs at the price range. Also samsung and sony sales have been hampered by mid range budget TVs. Samsung has released a video on youtube to check for burn in !! Rather than upping their game and aggressive pricing they are trying to bring LG down . Samsung and Sony should see steep decline in sales this time around.
Sony is unnecessarily ripping off indian customers.as i mentioned another thread sony is selling 65inch 950G for 1.15 lac in thailand and the same tv is above 2 lac in india.

TCL 8 series mini LED TVs have got glowing early reviews so far. But I doubt TCL will launch them in India any time soon or ever!! TCL only seems to dump their average models in India.

LG Oled is good. Very good. But I took the plunge and went in for a Q80R instead. Why?

1. Insecurities about the OLED panel. My previous Samsung LED has run flawlessly for a decade and I expect my next TV to too.

2. The "blacks" are 80% (conservatively) of what the LG OLED panel offers. In day to day use, I don't find anything lacking.

3. Samsung has something called one connect. In my case it's a boon with just one transparent cable coming out of the TV. All other connections are neatly stacked away in a remotely placed box.

4. Robust build. This is a subjective one but something about Samsung's build quality reassured me as compared to LG's rather delicate looking panel. You could link this to point 1.

Overall, I'd have been happy with either. But there's a certain peace of mind that tipped the decision in Samsung's favour. And now that it's mounted at home, there's absolutely no inkling of any FOMO whatsoever.

LG Oled is good. Very good. But I took the plunge and went in for a Q80R instead. Why?

1. Insecurities about the OLED panel. My previous Samsung LED has run flawlessly for a decade and I expect my next TV to too.

2. The "blacks" are 80% (conservatively) of what the LG OLED panel offers. In day to day use, I don't find anything lacking.

3. Samsung has something called one connect. In my case it's a boon with just one transparent cable coming out of the TV. All other connections are neatly stacked away in a remotely placed box.

4. Robust build. This is a subjective one but something about Samsung's build quality reassured me as compared to LG's rather delicate looking panel. You could link this to point 1.

Overall, I'd have been happy with either. But there's a certain peace of mind that tipped the decision in Samsung's favour. And now that it's mounted at home, there's absolutely no inkling of any FOMO whatsoever.
what inch and for fow much after all discpont and cashback

Samsungs are just garbage out of the box. You need to have an i1 display pro or similar to calibrate them as in their great sense decided they do not have the need for industry standard isf bright room and dark room calibrated settings. If you buy a samsung, keep your colorimeter ready. Else you are just looking at some really weird strange colors.

In comparison LG & Panasonic nail their calibration on their higher end LCD and OLED panels. All you need to do is setup the correct profile and you are good to go. Sony is decent too of late. I was rather impressed by their x90f's calibration OOTB.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back