Dedicated,un-amped headphone around 10,000

mihird

Please suggest me few headphones around 10,000 range.

My preferences are
-dedicated
-unamped

I had read couple related thread on this forum - one of the popular suggestion was Denon AH 2000 but it costs double than my budget.

Thanks.

mihird, what do you mean, when you say dedicated?

You can look at Senn HD 25 and V moda v80. Are you looking at open or closed headphones?

usage ??

open/closed ??

preference : (vocal based/bass heavy/good soundstage) ???

these can help decide the few models in the budget to accomodate your needs else the list gonna be long..

Trying to answer all questions,

By dedicated, I mean that it does not have to be portable like Senn PX100 (does not have to be travel friendly).

Not heavy bass

Common source system will be iPhone or Mac (320kbps MP3 in both)

Music preference - bollywood and soft/average english, not hard rock type (so no heavy bass)

Open/Closed - preferably closed, but not strong preference in that at the moment

Noise cancellation - not required.

Last edited:
Trying to answer all questions,

By dedicated, I mean that it does not have to be portable like Senn PX100 (travel friendly).

Not heavy bass

Common source system will be iPhone or Mac (320kbps MP3 in both)

Music preference - bollywood and soft/average english, not hard rock type (so no heavy bass)

Open/Closed - preferably closed, but not strong preference in that at the moment

Noise cancellation - not required.

Tailor made for you.

Sennheiser PX360 Headphone NEW,BILLL,2YR MFG WRTY | eBay

Dont go for HD series if you want to hear them unamped always.

Blasto, Hps like HD555 work great without any amplification. It is only hd59x series and upwards that seem to shine only with amplification.

is HD555 out of production already? Can't seem to find it on ebay or flipkart. Flipkart had it attractive price but not in stock anymore.

If you want to experiment with Orthos, then you can give the Fostex T50-RP a try. They are currently going for $74 on Amazon.
The best part about these headphones is the way you can make them sing after a few simple mods. These are currently my best sounding headphones. I prefer them over my RE262.
For the remaining money from your budget, you can get the iBasso D-Zero.

T50RP is a good choice for the price. However though it isn't particularly difficult to drive,it would still require an amplifier.

HD555 are indeed discontinued and have been replaced by HD558 in sennheiser lineup.

HD558 is not vfm. You can get the older HD595 for the price.
Px360 will NOT respond to amplification.

Look at HD448 or newer HD449 for 4k if you can't get hold of 555.
These have lower bass and very good midrange and respond positively to amplification. Won't sound as good as px 360 for mp3 and volume will not be as high as px360 for mobile phones. Meant for desktops/laptop/amplifier use.

555 will be better amplified and not as good as 448/9 unamplified.

Last edited:
If you want to experiment with Orthos, then you can give the Fostex T50-RP a try. They are currently going for $74 on Amazon.
The best part about these headphones is the way you can make them sing after a few simple mods. These are currently my best sounding headphones. I prefer them over my RE262.
For the remaining money from your budget, you can get the iBasso D-Zero.

What type of mods are you talking about? Not a pro here :(

Also, any advise on affordable US to India service? (if I want to order this one)

Last edited:
It seems 555 is ruling the pole right now.

Any other model from any other brand to audition? (apart frm senn, already got a list frm them) Bose, Audio technica or nay other?

You could look at the Audio Technica M50 or if you are going the open backed route, the Audio Technica AD900.

Some more questions.

How is Bose AE2/AE2i?

Any nice hp from Denon in my budget?

I am trying to gather all the information I can before I travel to Ahmedabad to audition all shortlisted models. Nothing much is available in my city.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back