Defective panel on new X90H 55 Inch sony denying replacement

Still haven't got the refund, they are saying since we paid the initial amount of around Rs.33,000/- by card, it will be refunded in card and the december installment that was taken will be returned to bank account.

They took the TV away on 6th december 2020, and we were told we would get refund in 20 days, they said they generated the refund on 4th december, lets see how things proceed.
They are talking their own cool time. Frustrating. Let me also wait for indefinite time and see if my TV is repaired.

Finally they gave the initial purchase payment refund which was around Rs.32-33 thousand. Now we are waiting for the Rs.5000 emi refund which was auto debited on Dec 02,2020 before the TV was finalized to be refunded and taken away from our home on Dec 06, 2020. Which they are saying will be refunded around Jan 15,2021.

Sony folks came and replaced the panel today with one that shows white rings when the background turns white. The service center guys apologized and said they have escalated this issue to Sony again and shall replace it when they hear from Sony. This one has no issues when the background has dark colours. But with snow-white colours, it is hugely visible as white circles covering the entire centre array. Again need to follow up with them. Again I am not going to lose my cool. Will wait.

Sony folks came and replaced the panel today with one that shows white rings when the background turns white. The service center guys apologized and said they have escalated this issue to Sony again and shall replace it when they hear from Sony. This one has no issues when the background has dark colours. But with snow-white colours, it is hugely visible as white circles covering the entire centre array. Again need to follow up with them. Again I am not going to lose my cool. Will wait.
So many years of LCD/LED televisions and variants - we consumers would expect that at least the major players would have their act together in terms of quality, reliability and longevity. Your experience definitely sucks! Guess you are on track to become a true yogi!:(

Looks like OLED written on your head.. :)

Panel replacements do not work in most cases. My LG LCD and E6 OLED replacement panels were worse and LG had to refund.

Take a refund and explore something else if next replacement doesn’t work.

Panel replacements do not work in most cases. My LG LCD and E6 OLED replacement panels were worse and LG had to refund.

Take a refund and explore something else if next replacement doesn’t work.
Yes, I had the same experience with Samsung plasma tv panel replacement. Samsung provided refund after a couple of failed attempts of panel replacement.

We as buyers need to unite and let the companies know we are with each other, i'm not just talking about sony but every brand, those brands can't get away with selling us cheap shit and hope half the buyers don't notice this shit because they are casuals and the companies can get away, for our future purchases to be safe, we need to have buyer friendly environment where buyers of now can benefit from consumer/customer friendly laws.

Which Tv u got now? does it have DSE?
looks like you were last active in Jan 2021 so guess job done by showing Sony India this thread & back to gaming forums lol.

Which Tv u got now? does it have DSE?
looks like you were last active in Jan 2021 so guess job done by showing Sony India this thread & back to gaming forums lol.
Have some medical situation at home so did not get any tv till now, will be getting one during festival period.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back