Defective panel on new X90H 55 Inch sony denying replacement

I'm tired of posting the same stuff to convey the fault to others. And yes before you post read previous posts.

Here is the bars issue on the replacement at the same locations as the first. The issue is at QC level.

20201129-010405.jpg

20201128-181457.jpg

20201128-130300.jpg

20201128-125718.jpg

This is totally bad. Looks like all the tvs in your area belong to a faulty batch.

I guess, you will get the refund through cheque and you need to take care of the bank/emi closure yourself. I could be wrong.

This is totally bad. Looks like all the tvs in your area belong to a faulty batch.

I guess, you will get the refund through cheque and you need to take care of the bank/emi closure yourself. I could be wrong.
How does this depend on area very curious, since from what they say, they get a batch for mumbai.

How does this depend on area very curious, since from what they say, they get a batch for mumbai.

Iam not sure. But both the tvs you pictured are defective.
It is either bad batch or extereme bad luck getting faulty panels twice in a row.
I guess it's the first since your neighbour got the non faulty panel earlier from a different batch.

The letter that you showed before in initial posts stated you to sign it after you are satisfied with the replacement tv. how did a new defective tv landed at your home. Anyways these things do take its time, one has to be patient enough. This is the cost of living in india where customer means kasht se mar.

I'm tired of posting the same stuff to convey the fault to others. And yes before you post read previous posts.

Here is the bars issue on the replacement at the same locations as the first. The issue is at QC level.

20201129-010405.jpg

20201128-181457.jpg

20201128-130300.jpg

20201128-125718.jpg
Oh man. Horrible. This is much worse than your first unit.

You should do some pooja before your next big purchase. (Joking ).

IMO this is the perfect case for going to consumer court not only for a refund but also for causing mental agony. Otherwise, how will they learn!
But it is easier said than done. I have also been tempted to file a case in consumer court a few times but after a couple of days, tempers come down. And then we say to ourselves, chalo koi na hota hai.

Iam not sure. But both the tvs you pictured are defective.
It is either bad batch or extereme bad luck getting faulty panels twice in a row.
I guess it's the first since your neighbour got the non faulty panel earlier from a different batch.
I did not mention any neighbour you are confusing my thread with a different one.

As i said we are in process for a refund.

AeonXS, please understand that nobody supports Sony here. We just request you to be patient and do not get paranoid. Sony is about $75 billion a year revenue generating company worldwide but Indian market turnover is only Rs.1000 crores or less. So in India they will show some uncle Scrooge behaviour but have patience. You will get your refund.

AeonXS, please understand that nobody supports Sony here. We just request you to be patient and do not get paranoid. Sony is about $75 billion a year revenue generating company worldwide but Indian market turnover is only Rs.1000 crores or less. So in India they will show some uncle Scrooge behaviour but have patience. You will get your refund.
I am patient, i did not make any post for a week so as to have concrete info to post. If i don't post people call me irresponsible and apparently another company employee, if i post i am paranoid, either way there will be people who complain. I'll post when i need help and till now the situation is well reported and updated upon. That is how public forums work. I maybe new here, but not a noob on how to post on forums.

Thanks man, this issue had given us a very bad experience, ruined our diwali fun of enjoying the new TV, all diwali and later till we got a replacement on 28th nov was spent trying to obtain it, then it turned out to be a dud like the first and had to again go through the same procedure to now trying to apply for a refund. We are in procedure now, i might update in between to inform where we are, but some shadow employees of the company here might try to twist that also.

Anyway i will confirm only when the amount is refunded and EMI stop cutting on the monthly basis. It will take time since this month's emi was cut at the start and i can't tell anything concrete till the next one.

You also missed many OLED offers due to this, some are saying the offers are extended till December 15th. so you can still score a good deal.

Oh bhai koi rival company nahi. Tum log hi sony ho kya account banake mera story dabana chahate ho
See my signature dude, does it look like i own anything of Sony? your statements are baseless.

Anyways you finally turned up, get your refund & end your story.

All The Best.

Ciao

Last edited:
I am patient, i did not make any post for a week so as to have concrete info to post. If i don't post people call me irresponsible and apparently another company employee, if i post i am paranoid, either way there will be people who complain. I'll post when i need help and till now the situation is well reported and updated upon. That is how public forums work. I maybe new here, but not a noob on how to post on forums.
I am not complaining. I am saying you need to place some trust on Sony folks. I own two Sony TVs and the previous one (before the one I bought on Diwali) was a 65" 9300D model which I bought on 2016 opted for 2 years extended warranty. A software update got tangled up a month after purchase and I reached out to Sony customer service support. They sent out this dude who's socks stank and immediately I was more annoyed. Moreover he asked for a yellow coloured warranty card which I did not have it handy. I had an argument with him after which he told me my invoice with Croma will do. But he did not have an android phone for me to share that online. I was infuriated that he started advising me to keep things carefully when I said you need a better phone and that he smells bad plus Sony is a crappy company etc...

He flashed the tv with a software reset and just wrote down the invoice # and went away. Its been years and my Sony survived countless voltage volitility issues, rough handling by my children (twins, who were 6 years old back then and the most naughty period of their lives), power cuts, once even a water leak fell from AC directly into the TV when running, it has been used for video conferencing for 12 hours a day sometimes and even was on non stop from morning 6 am to 10 pm in the night for several years. No issues whatsoever. So I chose Sony this time around also and I must say it's picture quality is superb - for 8000h 75" model which has less fan following compared to 9000h and 9500g. Samsung electronics failed way too many times at the same period, I must say. So I am weary of Samsung. It is the first big complaint I am witnessing about Sony. Ofc they stink ;) and they need to come out with better socks but their gadgets are good.

I am not complaining. I am saying you need to place some trust on Sony folks. I own two Sony TVs and the previous one (before the one I bought on Diwali) was a 65" 9300D model which I bought on 2016 opted for 2 years extended warranty. A software update got tangled up a month after purchase and I reached out to Sony customer service support. They sent out this dude who's socks stank and immediately I was more annoyed. Moreover he asked for a yellow coloured warranty card which I did not have it handy. I had an argument with him after which he told me my invoice with Croma will do. But he did not have an android phone for me to share that online. I was infuriated that he started advising me to keep things carefully when I said you need a better phone and that he smells bad plus Sony is a crappy company etc...

He flashed the tv with a software reset and just wrote down the invoice # and went away. Its been years and my Sony survived countless voltage volitility issues, rough handling by my children (twins, who were 6 years old back then and the most naughty period of their lives), power cuts, once even a water leak fell from AC directly into the TV when running, it has been used for video conferencing for 12 hours a day sometimes and even was on non stop from morning 6 am to 10 pm in the night for several years. No issues whatsoever. So I chose Sony this time around also and I must say it's picture quality is superb - for 8000h 75" model which has less fan following compared to 9000h and 9500g. Samsung electronics failed way too many times at the same period, I must say. So I am weary of Samsung. It is the first big complaint I am witnessing about Sony. Ofc they stink ;) and they need to come out with better socks but their gadgets are good.

Each TV is it's own model, just because a TV worked the donkey work, doesn't mean the other won't die a sheep's death.

What i am talking about is X900H/X90H, i got 2 bad panel models, it is made in india, it has FALD, obviously the guys doing quality control or transportation may have messed up, that is sony india to handle, i don't give my money as a freebie handout to sony to clear their stock, our country for whatever reason has blind sony following, it wouldn't matter if all their products are good.

But when some turn up shit like this X90H, then questions need to be asked and customer must be put first, i don't know if it is like the thing people say that all these companies clear out their bad stock in diwali sale or is it because transportation to mumbai is a jerky bumpy ride leading to these delicate LCD/LED panels to be affected in a bad way, but sony being the well known brand it is needs to sort out, i loved sony as well so after my W700C panel died after 5 years of usage, i decided i will go to sony only.

So there is no point in telling me great memories of previous sony's i have them as well, but i value a company that values our hard earned money and reciprocated that with a quality product. And that will always be held first regardless who the company is.

Yeah they took the TV and now initiated the refund which vijay sales said will take 20 days. Let's see
Good. Oled lg,non Oled Samsung Q-led is the current trend in television for videophiles. Try either one that fits your budget.

Last edited:
Good. Oled lg,non Oled Samsung Q-led is the current trend in television for videophiles. Try either one that fits your budget.
I am very scared of DSE and vertical bars very much, QLEDs are LCDs right so they will suffer from same, and i don't know if LG OLEDs suffer from the same, in general this situation with X90H has given a blow to confidence about buying any high end TV now since the quality control is not doe right

I am very scared of DSE and vertical bars very much, QLEDs are LCDs right so they will suffer from same, and i don't know if LG OLEDs suffer from the same, in general this situation with X90H has given a blow to confidence about buying any high end TV now since the quality control is not doe right
Well then take your time and decide what’s best for u.

Get one in 2021. Just a few more days and you will find 2021 a lucky year. Don't go all out in buying a TV now as you went through an ordeal nothing short of trauma already. If this was in installment how do you get your refunds back?

Get one in 2021. Just a few more days and you will find 2021 a lucky year. Don't go all out in buying a TV now as you went through an ordeal nothing short of trauma already. If this was in installment how do you get your refunds back?
Still haven't got the refund, they are saying since we paid the initial amount of around Rs.33,000/- by card, it will be refunded in card and the december installment that was taken will be returned to bank account.

They took the TV away on 6th december 2020, and we were told we would get refund in 20 days, they said they generated the refund on 4th december, lets see how things proceed.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back