Defective panel on new X90H 55 Inch sony denying replacement

I am not good with twitter, as i said it has only 200 character limit, how can i possibly mention such a detailed issue on twitter.

They are currently saying they are working on my case, but please post any helpful guidelines on rasing noise on twitter so that it won't just help me but to everyone here on the forum.
You don’t need to mention details at all.
Just hash tag them and say that Sony is not proper action on your complaints on a brand new TV- very poor customer service.
Post this message two or three times and they will contact you privately on inbox.

Well a couple of the members called me paranoid but with sony i smelled a rat from a mile away and here is sony's response to me regarding the replacement. I am replacing my name with my forum ID and other numbers with Xs only in this quote, as you can see sony still regards the TV is normal despite having confirmed with multiple X900H/X90H owners that their panel does not exhibit any verticle lines and especially no white bars on left and right side. They say their technician did thorough testing, in reality all the two that came had made the seat warm and i literally had to do the hard work by showing where the issue existed and how it impacted the day to day content consumption.

Don't be blind sony fanboys and sheeps, with this reply i don't even like the tone of how they are taking the buyer for a idiot and the company wouldn't even have replaced it if i didn't make the noise. Now here is the weird part the company and/or vijay sales wants us to sign some indemnity letter or something to process the replacement, i am worried it will have some weird clause or bond inserted in it.

Here is the quoted email from sony

Dear Mr. AeonXS,

Greetings from Sony India! Thank you for patronizing Sony products.

This is in reference to your e-mail addressed to our Management and subsequent telecommunication with Mr. Nimesh Lad -Area Service In-charge, in regarding to your BRAVIA Television Model: KD-55X9000H bearing serial no: XXXXXXX.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

We have received your service request at our Authorized Service Centre M/s. Sonu Electronics dated 13th Nov-2020 vide job no. JXXXXXXXX for the Symptom: very faint black bars on white screen in Xbox home screen. Upon Inspection by our engineer we find the television is working fine and is as per specification. All the functions and features were checked thoroughly and found to be working normally.

There is as such, no defect in the product. The product does not need any hardware replacement the product is working normally.

In view to your concern and as a good gesture to you as our valued customer, we offer you to exchange your Television set with a new BRAVIA television Model KD-55X9000H.

Mr. Nimesh Lad Area Service In charge is already in touch with you for the same.

Thanking you and assuring you of our best services always.
Warm Regards,

Vrushali Salvi.
Customer Support Team – Regional Office
Mumbai.

This is over and above what any of the Big 3 would do for you.

2 cents : Just verify the performance of the new set and take the offer.

I had marked a copy of my Sony tv issue to the chairman of Sony too alongside the sales head india and the marketing team. This is the Sony chairman’s email kenichiro.hibi@ ap.sony.com and the india service ID sonyindia.care@ ap.sony.com. Surprisingly putting a mail to the chairman had worked for me. Maybe it will for you.. I think they should give you an alternate model if this is a known defect across the same model with different users..

So what you are saying even if the set is proven faulty with a dud panel, i will have to consider some huge favor on the company's part that they are providing what should have been a natural replacement, when in other countries from Europe or America sony provides 2-3 or more replacement units to the customer until they are satisfied, LCD panels are known to get dirty screens and panel related issues, and we as customers should not have to give our hard earned money to the company to purchase and take the dud product off their hands.

You guys need to be more strong buyers, you are not throwing away your hard earned money to save these companies from the loses of defective units they produce, it's their lookout that absolute quality control is maintained from production factory to transportation of these products to customers home.

Also someone do explain the indemnity letter thing.

So what you are saying even if the set is proven faulty with a dud panel, i will have to consider some huge favor on the company's part that they are providing what should have been a natural replacement, when in other countries from Europe or America sony provides 2-3 or more replacement units to the customer until they are satisfied, LCD panels are known to get dirty screens and panel related issues, and we as customers should not have to give our hard earned money to the company to purchase and take the dud product off their hands.

You guys need to be more strong buyers, you are not throwing away your hard earned money to save these companies from the loses of defective units they produce, it's their lookout that absolute quality control is maintained from production factory to transportation of these products to customers home.

Also someone do explain the indemnity letter thing.
I second you totally.. am amazed, are they obliging by giving a replacement, and a replacement model which is having the same defect across boards with various users..

I had marked a copy of my Sony tv issue to the chairman of Sony too alongside the sales head india and the marketing team. This is the Sony chairman’s email kenichiro.hibi@ ap.sony.com and the india service ID sonyindia.care@ ap.sony.com. Surprisingly putting a mail to the chairman had worked for me. Maybe it will for you.. I think they should give you an alternate model if this is a known defect across the same model with different users..
What do you think i should do after the email i have received from sony, do i wait to send these guys an email till i get a replacement and if any issue arises or should i send them an email now, idk what will it help with since they are saying they are replacing the set but the catch is the indemnity letter which i am feeling worried about. I am worried that an indemnity letter might act like a agreement for the exchange i will lose my power to post online on social media anything about any future issue if any arise. Or they will say through the letter, you are getting a replacement but you can't get another replacement or refund if that model is faulty as well.

A unit across various users having a defect has to be verified by him and take the offer. !!! I don’t think he should.. i think he should pursue for an alternate model within the same price range. Abroad somebody might have claimed damages too.

What do you think i should do after the email i have received from sony, do i wait to send these guys an email till i get a replacement and if any issue arises or should i send them an email now, idk what will it help with since they are saying they are replacing the set but the catch is the indemnity letter which i am feeling worried about. I am worried that an indemnity letter might act like a agreement for the exchange i will lose my power to post online on social media anything about any future issue if any arise. Or they will say through the letter, you are getting a replacement but you can't get another replacement or refund if that model is faulty as well.
I think you should raise an objection..

Steps I would have taken if I were you:

1. Put them the quotes of various users across the net who have complained of the same issue with your model and ask them how can you psychologically accept a model on which so many users across the globe have the same issue. Its my hard earned money and I had bought Sony to sustain this television with me and family for years.. In fact thats the reason people buy a brand.

2. I would put a mail to the sales head and marketing head of sony india and the sales head plus the chairman of sony stating this issue which hasn't affected you alone it has affected many others.. and hence taking a replacement is out of cards. Either refund or give me an alternate model within the same price bracket with same features you originally aspired for..

3. I will never give an indemnity letter for that matter to anyone, it will basically rob you of your rights to place any compaint in future for this set if you take an exchange.. Its rude and completely unecessary for a company like sony to demand a Indemnity letter.. Are they trying to say that you have loads of free time and you wish to extort them by placing regular complaints. God forbid if you develop an issue with the TV again this idemnity letter will be used by them in any consumer forum. So if I would have been you I will never give an Indemnity letter.

4. These guys at the front end sales don't care much about after sales. you have to get to their corporate ladder both domestic and international..

5. I will protect my right as a consumer, sony cannot ask for an indemnity letter. Period.

Last edited:
We had to reject this letter since we did purchase the TV on emi so i guess that is a finance scheme, what do you guys make of the letter ?

Sony-indenmity-letter.jpg

Well like you guys said i posted the indemnity letter with description above please read through it and reply what you think

This is a first for me as well. I never heard of submiiltting auch a letter to the company sent to us by them with purpose like you guys said to block any future complaints for the replacement TV. Although they have chosen their words so i don't understand what their letter actually does for me and for them

Well like you guys said i posted the indemnity letter with description above please read through it and reply what you think

This is a first for me as well. I never heard of submiiltting auch a letter to the company sent to us by them with purpose like you guys said to block any future complaints for the replacement TV. Although they have chosen their words so i don't understand what their letter actually does for me and for them
The only point you need to worry about is whether this letter is nullifying your warranty claim on the replaced unit or not.
From what I understand - it is not nullifying your warranty claim.

But you need to get that in writing from Sony.

It is clear that they are admitting that the set is defective.
Please go through the warranty term and conditions whether a customer has to provide such a letter if the product has manufacturing defects.
Such a ridiculous thing i have ever heard. It is not correct way to deal a warranty claim.

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back