Defective panel on new X90H 55 Inch sony denying replacement

I spent my time reading the posts here thinking there is a substance. Not to be.

You not happy with the TV panel you bought. You want a replacement, they are giving a replacement, I can't understand what we have spent 4 pages talking about? That indemnity letter is against loans/EMIs on the product that we buy. Even if it is cash, its a process document. Simple process it is.

While I understand that it is not a happy experience, however, you are making it worse by over-reacting and complicating it. Things happen to people, you should be focused, firm and confident to handle these and not panic by exaggerating every little thing.

I spent my time reading the posts here thinking there is a substance. Not to be.

You not happy with the TV panel you bought. You want a replacement, they are giving a replacement, I can't understand what we have spent 4 pages talking about? That indemnity letter is against loans/EMIs on the product that we buy. Even if it is cash, its a process document. Simple process it is.

While I understand that it is not a happy experience, however, you are making it worse by over-reacting and complicating it. Things happen to people, you should be focused, firm and confident to handle these and not panic by exaggerating every little thing.

I have tried to put sense to him.
He comes back with "of course I'm gonna make the noise necessary to call out a company who had tried their best to tell me it's natural".
Every company ascertains if it is not buyer mistake to start with before authorising a replacement.

He has no case here and IMO this thread is against the spirit of other threads in the forum.
There is nothing wrong with how the company proceeds with the replacement request or the timeline involved.

End of the day, it is wrong to assume the replacement is because of the noise rather than normal procedure, which is what this thread is heading towards.

Title itself is wrong.

Yes i have read your comment but then 2-3 people are replying here that indemnity is only for the particular model disposal. I don't want to sign but sony haven't said anything about a refund. Meanwhile the 30 day replacement period is ticking. We don't want to be stuck with this particular proven dud TV withfaulty panel.

I too lack any knowledge on how refund works with bajaj emi. Since we have paid around rs. 32000 and remaining will be cut from emi installments. We will talk it out with bajaj but currently vijay sales too has some stakes in this i guess so they too are dealing in the matter.

EMI seems to be a very bad payment option for customers if things go south. Never did i face such a tedious replacement procedure. Where the matter should be between me and sony has vultures like bajaj and vijay sales hovering for the TV set
What is it that you want from Sony and Vijay Sales? Replacement or refund? Work towards one. I read you are getting a replacement. So that's good. If you didn't like the model and want a refund then that's a separate discussion.

This thread demonstrates highly irresponsible and selfish behaviour IMO.
The OP joined the forum on Nov-13 and quit the forum on Nov-25th, I think soon after getting a replacement.
Knowing from the tones of his previous posts, i don't think there is chance the issue still remains unresolved.

This thread will just add to the list of threads which were created based on paranoia and will remain unresolved for ever just for reasons that the OP did not update the outcome.

Will wait for 3-4 days for the OP to update, or I recommend the thread deleted in order not to give false impression to future FMs to spawn further more threads like this.

The OP joined the forum on Nov-13 and quit the forum on Nov-25th, I think soon after getting a replacement.
Knowing from the tones of his previous posts, i don't think there is chance the issue still remains unresolved.

This thread will just add to the list of threads which were created based on paranoia and will remain unresolved for ever just for reasons that the OP did not update the outcome.

Will wait for 3-4 days for the OP to update, or I recommend the thread deleted in order not to give false impression to future FMs to spawn further more threads like this.
If he just vanished out of the blue, it could be anything from a rival company faking a story to a person who thinks this is a consumer court forum. Better to delete this thread so people don't join this community thinking its a Consumer Court forum.

He's on ivg too I think. He got a replacement and is not very happy with it still.

To those people who are trying to sound like sony employees, sony took a long time to give the replacement for a fault clearly visible and they tried to act like the TV was fine, so if you want to take their side don't comment. Secondly don't tell me what the title says, at the time of making the thread sony were trying to avoid giving a replacement and me, my family had to suffer mental agony to get it replaced.

So now coming towards the replacement we got last week, it too suffers from vertical bars and dirty screen. So we are now applying for a refund.

One thing to note here is all the senior members seem to be siding with companies, i am shocked how you are supporting them when most countries in the world replace or refund the TV for vertical banding, dirty screen, dead pixels and other out of the box issues.

I had to do extensive learning to get self help for my matter, and some of you senior members are denying new members to raise their voice against rightful action they should take against such issues that are of the company's fault because of poor quality control.

So don't side with company when you don't even know the conversations we had and how they tried to avoid replacement or to keep on persisting their TV was fine when it wasn't. Don't get bullied by these people and stand with the buyer for the genuine issues.

To those people who are trying to sound like sony employees, sony took a long time to give the replacement for a fault clearly visible and they tried to act like the TV was fine, so if you want to take their side don't comment. Secondly don't tell me what the title says, at the time of making the thread sony were trying to avoid giving a replacement and me, my family had to suffer mental agony to get it replaced.

So now coming towards the replacement we got last week, it too suffers from vertical bars and dirty screen. So we are now applying for a refund.

One thing to note here is all the senior members seem to be siding with companies, i am shocked how you are supporting them when most countries in the world replace or refund the TV for vertical banding, dirty screen, dead pixels and other out of the box issues.

I had to do extensive learning to get self help for my matter, and some of you senior members are denying new members to raise their voice against rightful action they should take against such issues that are of the company's fault because of poor quality control.

So don't side with company when you don't even know the conversations we had and how they tried to avoid replacement or to keep on persisting their TV was fine when it wasn't. Don't get bullied by these people and stand with the buyer for the genuine issues.
Hope it works out for you. Even I am surprised by few comments against you and totally understand your frustration as I myself am a victim of such brands and their poor after sales services in many cases.

Before jumping to conclusions and defend sony. Check your responsible behaviour as a senior member first. I had mentioned that sony took 3 weeks just to replace the set after giving a headache and mental trouble to us. Now they are proceeding slowly to solve our issue and you are blaming me for that. I have been responsible enough solving it. And i need something from their end to happen to post here which i did above.

If he just vanished out of the blue, it could be anything from a rival company faking a story to a person who thinks this is a consumer court forum. Better to delete this thread so people don't join this community thinking its a Consumer Court forum.
Oh bhai koi rival company nahi. Tum log hi sony ho kya account banake mera story dabana chahate ho

Hope it works out for you. Even I am surprised by few comments against you and totally understand your frustration as I myself am a victim of such brands and their poor after sales services in many cases.
Thanks man, this issue had given us a very bad experience, ruined our diwali fun of enjoying the new TV, all diwali and later till we got a replacement on 28th nov was spent trying to obtain it, then it turned out to be a dud like the first and had to again go through the same procedure to now trying to apply for a refund. We are in procedure now, i might update in between to inform where we are, but some shadow employees of the company here might try to twist that also.

Anyway i will confirm only when the amount is refunded and EMI stop cutting on the monthly basis. It will take time since this month's emi was cut at the start and i can't tell anything concrete till the next one.

Thanks man, this issue had given us a very bad experience, ruined our diwali fun of enjoying the new TV, all diwali and later till we got a replacement on 28th nov was spent trying to obtain it, then it turned out to be a dud like the first and had to again go through the same procedure to now trying to apply for a refund. We are in procedure now, i might update in between to inform where we are, but some shadow employees of the company here might try to twist that also.

Anyway i will confirm only when the amount is refunded and EMI stop cutting on the monthly basis. It will take time since this month's emi was cut at the start and i can't tell anything concrete till the next one.
Well don’t take things to heart since fanboy comments are common in forums like this. People tend to get defensive when some one talks bad of their loved brands.

I'm tired of posting the same stuff to convey the fault to others. And yes before you post read previous posts.

Here is the bars issue on the replacement at the same locations as the first. The issue is at QC level.

20201129-010405.jpg

20201128-181457.jpg

20201128-130300.jpg

20201128-125718.jpg

Before jumping to conclusions and defend sony. Check your responsible behaviour as a senior member first. I had mentioned that sony took 3 weeks just to replace the set after giving a headache and mental trouble to us. Now they are proceeding slowly to solve our issue and you are blaming me for that. I have been responsible enough solving it. And i need something from their end to happen to post here which i did above.

No one is defending sony or anyone. You got the replacement which you did not update. Entire thread is about how you did not get the replacement.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back