Defective panel on new X90H 55 Inch sony denying replacement

AeonXS

Model- Sony X90H 55 Inch
Country - Made in india [poor quality control]

Bought a 55 inch Sony X90H from mumbai borivali west vijay sales, i got the model delivered last week, the installation guys did the installation and left in a hurry even as i said to wait while i check my PS4 and Xbox one. After that i started watching football and i noticed 2 big white faint light bars on left and right of the screen. So i ran the LCD screen uniformity test and dirty screen test on youtube, i found that the screen had multiple horizontal and prominently visible vertical bars. I tested with both of my consoles and they too show it in between various games and even on login and boot screens. The issue is there for SD and HD DTH content also. And is more clearly visible than in pics. The colors in the vertical region of these bars are fainter than normal.

I informed both vijay sales and sony, mr. mayur from sony dept. of vijay sales borivali west appeared helpful telling me to whatsapp pics vijay sales will handle it but a day went and no reply, i contacted the installation guys which came from sonu electronics and they came the next day, faked not seeing the bars which are clearly visible and still to reasure me of trying to help told me they escalate the complaint and a sony engineer will come. 3 days later on monday this week a sony engineer came, saw the issue only on youtube tests, faked not noticing the bars and as he was leaving i asked till when will i hear from sony to which he gave me a sly remark "Sir aap aur problem dhund lo tab tak" as in a sense that nothing will happen for you, and surely it didn't, on wednesday vijay sales calls and says sony closed the complaint saying the model and panel are fine. But said mr. mayur will visit us in a couple of days as vijay sales want to check the issue, he didn't came and now has said he'll visit my place on next Tuesday, i feel like they are just swindling me and buying their time so that my replacement period is over, so i complained to sony customer care and now waiting for their technical engineer to visit.

Here i am attaching the pictures of the issue and also of reddit thread in which other X90H/X900H owners said my panel is faulty and their TV does not have this issue. The forum is not allowing me to directly attach pics as the filesize is big so i am attaching it on a image host site. Please do not remove them as i need urgent help. If you are wondering about reddit violation, they did it because due to large number of users responding it was deemed a panel lottery discussion, which it was not and i am need genuine need of help for replacement.

Tip - avoid Vijay sales from borivali west mumbai, they play a very sweet talking game but they don't really care, also dirty screen effect arises due to fault from factory manufacturing and during transit of product from factory to dealer warehouse and from there to your place. These guys clearly can't handle your investment so just don't buy from them. Also sony is a japanese company but don't go for their TVs their service and products feel like Chinese stuff. I am pursuing japanese language studies and have lost much respect i dearly held for Japan and their uncompromising focus on quality.

I'm submitting the thread I'll add stuff if i have forgotten to post something, as it was a big chore to write this all.

Dirty screen effect possibly a faulty panel as per redditors and a few people on other forums

20201105-172421.jpg

The screen is messed up like sony decided to make a rollable Oled and then made a LCD instead

20201105-180040.jpg

Sony seemed to have punch the screen in anguish of the dirty screen effect

20201105-180520.jpg

Big bar location placement indicated, they are present in form of vertical pillars in between the area indicated with top and bottom red lines

20201109-124902.jpg

Bars on left and right side of Xbox one logo

20201112-195438.jpg

Check altitude 3.8ft area there is the big white faint vertical bar along with other bars throughout the screen

20201112-203851.jpg

Other redditors come to rescue

Screenshot-20201107-204227-Reddit.jpg

Last edited:
This is just wrong.. Would advise you to post on Twitter and tag Sony India as well as Sony Japan. Have heard numerous complaints about Sony not doing anything when it comes to after sales ad hence I prefer buying the cheaper brands because neither offers after sales service, warranty so might as well lose less money just in case something goes bad...
Still it would help Sony respond to you if you tagged them on Twitter...

Sony will do the needful. Have confidence in them. Don't give up. Sony is not a budget brand for such clumsy treatment. It will be attended to.

You need to prioritise your issues properly.

No one is going to replace the tv for dirty screen effect. The vertical banding is terrible though and should come first and be showcased.

Before you finish your dirty screen demo, engineer will be pissed and leave or poh poh the actual issue.

This is just wrong.. Would advise you to post on Twitter and tag Sony India as well as Sony Japan. Have heard numerous complaints about Sony not doing anything when it comes to after sales ad hence I prefer buying the cheaper brands because neither offers after sales service, warranty so might as well lose less money just in case something goes bad...
Still it would help Sony respond to you if you tagged them on Twitter...
I have no choice, i needed a HDMI 2.1 TV for PS5 and Xbox Series X, alot of new games are coming out which will utilize 4k120hz 120fps, just now ni-oh collection for ps5 got announced for ps5 which will run at 4k120hz, this new era is jetting in. Normal TVs won't cut it, i am playing forza horizon 4 on xbox one x on 4k60 fps performance mode and oh man it is amazing, i can't imagine how good 120fps will be.

I am posting my issue on social media, twitter is a problem though as it has 200 character limit.

You need to prioritise your issues properly.

No one is going to replace the tv for dirty screen effect. The vertical banding is terrible though and should come first and be showcased.

Before you finish your dirty screen demo, engineer will be pissed and leave or poh poh the actual issue.
This is why these companies get away with so much, after reading mr. nitin's thread i felt so worried, so when the sony guy came today, i was firm with him, pointed out the issue, told him that i know how the issue occurs, showed real time demo of the occurrence, he did acknowledge it, but as in mr. nitin's case he was a junior engineer/technician. Though he did tell me he will inform his seniors, and told me to mail sony, since then i have mail to sony CC, sony service head and mr. bhargava of sony. I got 2 automated replies and one actual reply back from sony saying they are seriously looking into the matter and are contacting the regional parties for quick resolution of the issue.

If someone has gone through the same issues and same process of mailing I'd love how things progress and if they actually give the replacement model.

If i don't get a replacement then by god make this post sticky, i have taken utmost effort to single out the issue and show it let the community know how sony operate here and people here and their peers stop buying sony products.

And you are wrong saying no one gives replacement for Dirty Screen Effect, see my reddit post and the replies, one member pointed out a few people replaced the TV multiple times for DSE one even going as far as 4-5 times. We indians need to let the manufacturers know we understand and are learnt in all terminology, we have a wonderful community here already, make a youtube channel, educate future buyers, let our citizens take charge, our money is hard earned and not for the benefit of these companies to fill their bellies and paychecks. Only we can strive for the worth of our money.

This forum seems to have the power to unite and become Rtings, IGN, mkbhd or anything, just go for it guys, you seem to help each other well. So let the unity spread.

Also What do these companies think they can easily replace the TVs multiple times for western people without a word and then to recover those losses by looting us indians because we don't have a voice on he global scene. This really needs to change, i am at a point i am burnt out buying any electronics here and taking the fall for the mistakes of the companies.

Don't lose hope. 2 years ago, my mother's 55 inch Sony 3D panel went blank. Model was discontinued. Took 45 days to keep hammering Sony, RD on daily basis but they gave a brand new 4K tv !! Each of our family members kept calling both companies every day without fail. It's painful but needed. Best wishes to you to get the issue resolved.
I too have the 65X90H but luckily didn't get any issues !!

Don't run into conclusion seeing nitin's thread. The issue is different and company is different.
IMO, you will definitely get a replacement.

I would advice you keep the "if I dont get replacement" topic to later when and if it is the case.
Otherwise you might be worrying needlessly and pissing the company in the process.

-2cents.

Don't run into conclusion seeing nitin's thread. The issue is different and company is different.
IMO, you will definitely get a replacement.

I would advice you keep the "if I dont get replacement" topic to later when and if it is the case.
Otherwise you might be worrying needlessly and pissing the company in the process.

-2cents.
Actually i got a call from sony in the morning since i had emailed them to Sony CC, service head and mr bhargava, the guy had a typical normal tone that can you send a video, first they asked for pictures which i had given, i told him, i had to take utmost effort to take proper pictures to show the issue, and i have shown the issue to your sony engineer who has acknowledged it as well, and now you are asking me to show it on video which is hard to, i told them to come with senior staff to check for themselves, and then he went on to say that it might be normal and other bullshit, i had to be firm that this is in fact a panel issue, clearly confirmed by other owners of the model who helped me out on reddit, and i can post the pics for confirmation if required, then again as a way to sway me into thinking the issue is normal he tried to say, sir did you check for the issue with showroom model where you bought the tv, i said that model didn't display any such issue at the time of me making the purchase decision, and i had to point out that showroom models are on 12 hours a day for 6-7 months straight, so any assumptions made from that won't help me solving my issue of a brand new purchase with legit genuine defect.

Then after all this he finally said they will try to resolve the issue as quick as possible, still didn't mention they are giving a direct replacement, the way the conversation went i felt like their overall inclination was towards making me think there was no issue and the TV is normal, at one point when i asked why is sony so reluctant in giving one replacement, how much of a loss will they face in replacing a model which is confirmed defective, then he says "sony has no problems giving multiple replacements, they have given replacements to people who didn't even ask for it just because they thought the tv was faulty". I had to confront the fellow that it was i who will watch the TV for many years to come and giving the replacement to the person who needs it is the way to go instead of giving replacement to people who were perfectly fine with their TV, because our family is facing severe issue watching anything on it and not anyone at sony. Our neighbor also was clearly able to tell the bars after observing the screen and we all are amazed sony are making the seen unseen.

I am promised i'll get informed of sony's decision by Tuesday since they say Monday is a holiday.

Actually i got a call from sony in the morning since i had emailed them to Sony CC, service head and mr bhargava, the guy had a typical normal tone that can you send a video, first they asked for pictures which i had given, i told him, i had to take utmost effort to take proper pictures to show the issue, and i have shown the issue to your sony engineer who has acknowledged it as well, and now you are asking me to show it on video which is hard to, i told them to come with senior staff to check for themselves, and then he went on to say that it might be normal and other bullshit, i had to be firm that this is in fact a panel issue, clearly confirmed by other owners of the model who helped me out on reddit, and i can post the pics for confirmation if required, then again as a way to sway me into thinking the issue is normal he tried to say, sir did you check for the issue with showroom model where you bought the tv, i said that model didn't display any such issue at the time of me making the purchase decision, and i had to point out that showroom models are on 12 hours a day for 6-7 months straight, so any assumptions made from that won't help me solving my issue of a brand new purchase with legit genuine defect.

Then after all this he finally said they will try to resolve the issue as quick as possible, still didn't mention they are giving a direct replacement, the way the conversation went i felt like their overall inclination was towards making me think there was no issue and the TV is normal, at one point when i asked why is sony so reluctant in giving one replacement, how much of a loss will they face in replacing a model which is confirmed defective, then he says "sony has no problems giving multiple replacements, they have given replacements to people who didn't even ask for it just because they thought the tv was faulty". I had to confront the fellow that it was i who will watch the TV for many years to come and giving the replacement to the person who needs it is the way to go instead of giving replacement to people who were perfectly fine with their TV, because our family is facing severe issue watching anything on it and not anyone at sony. Our neighbor also was clearly able to tell the bars after observing the screen and we all are amazed sony are making the seen unseen.

I am promised i'll get informed of sony's decision by Tuesday since they say Monday is a holiday.
Crap this is sad, looks like Sony Service is going down the gutter in India. Sad to see this as i was thinking of upgrading my LG B6 Oled to a Sony Master Series Oled next year. Might have to stick to LG again as people giving good feedback from LG service in Panel replacements.

Among Sony, LG and Samsung, I have had only trouble with Samsung. Even though they have good service network. Their products get problems just days or couple months after guarantee period ends and is an annoying greedy company that charges a huge amount for servicing. I have a 9300XD Sony 65 that has not had one single problem since June 2016 bought at Croma. And moreover it is a display piece!! I paid ₹27500 for 2 years extended warranty thinking something might go wrong but that money was wasted as I have had zero problems with this set so far. It looks like a new TV even today when I svivel mounted it in my room. Its picture quality sometimes rivelled even OLEDs and the 8000h is just brighter but this has better blacks. To some Sony might not work and to some Sony is the defacto company to buy their electronics from. The Samsung 48" HD TV I bought in 2017 August is having many horizontal lines and is used only as a CCTV camera while a Vu has outlasted it and is still going good. My Samsung washing machine busted, my Godrej works fine, only my Samsung AC's have ever had major circuit board issues from about 15 other Acs in my entire flat apartments. Sony will answer your calls. Lg also I think might. But Samsung is dirt cheap in quality.

Last edited:
Here are two more pics i took, in case sony guys now try to blame it on the xbox one, here i am playing fall guys on playstation4, and with pic 2, the bars are clearly visible, my 55X90H feels like a CRT TV at this point. Try tilting your head to the right i guess to see the bars clearly. They are clearly visible with normal viewing but tilting the head is one way i found the even if anyone tries to deny it those bars are clearly visible.

20201114-222658.jpg

20201114-222818.jpg

Here are two more pics i took, in case sony guys now try to blame it on the xbox one, here i am playing fall guys on playstation4, and with pic 2, the bars are clearly visible, my 55X90H feels like a CRT TV at this point. Try tilting your head to the right i guess to see the bars clearly. They are clearly visible with normal viewing but tilting the head is one way i found the even if anyone tries to deny it those bars are clearly visible.

20201114-222658.jpg

20201114-222818.jpg
Yup. Very prevalent. This is definitely a defective panel. Blast them on twitter if they don't give you a replacement.

Ok so just giving an update, the past week has been pretty tiring, they had their diwali vacation till tuesday, then on Wednesday i got a call from mr. nimesh lad sony mumbai head or some important position, he said he called to just talk on the issue i was facing, he tried to tell me this was some NOLA effect to which i had to tell nnone of the same model you see on youtube or shown by redditors have this defect and how much convincing was needed for sony to accept this faulty TV, i enforced i want a replacement, there was talk from him that he will have to confirm with the team on which model I'll get that is a different or step up, as i had purchased the TV for HDMI 2.1 i stated i require the same model. So he told me he will convey it to the team. Then i had to call him in the evening and he said he has raised a replacement request, i told him to please give it as soon as possible, he said the stock delivery from sony to service center and then to my place takes time so will take a week, i called the next day just to check and then he said the request was pending senior approval and was taking time, i called him on friday but he wasn't picking up and messaged he was in a meeting.

So after that i called mr. allwyn buthello, who had called me on 14th nov upon my email to sony, i asked again when i am getting the replacement and he said there are no stocks now and they'll get it on 25th and upon persistence from me he said they will deliver it on 26th november. I don't know how true this holds though as i asked for a proof of replacement either a email to my email id they have or a replacement number, they just keep saying it is associated with my complaint number which i raised on 12th november last week. To which he said you have word from nimesh who said will give you a replacement he is the regional head, but i still wanted proof so i told him to email me the same confirmation response from sony and to that he said he will tell nimesh.

I am yet to get any email from them, i don't know if they are seriously replacing it or like this reddit complaint of some user shown below about the same sony head allwyn buthello, i feel like they are stringing me along till my 30 day replacement period is over, guys please don't buy sony, these people are not at all caring for the customer, and once they get your money for their faulty product they treat you like a dirty sock and throw you away. Sony has caused me and my family member so much distress that i am beginning to loath them, such type of cheap products are not expected from a high end model of 1 Lakh range.

This has gotten me in a real bad tense mood, i don't know whom to trust, i study Japanese, i know they are diligent people, but now they are operating a scam business with faulty products being sold to unsuspecting buyers of india who have to work so hard to get a rightful replacement that it has now made me very scared to make a electronic purchase in our country, as people running these multinational companies are corporate desi scum.

Sorry for the late updation but like i said i am very much tired in solving this matter and with poor communication from sony i hate how our people are treated unlike in western world where sony is increasing warranty of i guess costco buyers from 2 to 5 years for free. While they rob our money to fund their free white people privileges.

Guys be alert buyers, give these scum companies hell, i suffered from sony, mr. nitin from samsung, these companies need their reputation dragged in mud so they can stay like a Atithi in our country instead of thinking themselves as gods.

You should listen to one FM suggested earlier .
Tag Sony India directly on Twitter.
On different nature of issue related to airline I got immediate response after Twitter post whereas they ignored me on calls and emails.

Ok so just giving an update, the past week has been pretty tiring, they had their diwali vacation till tuesday, then on Wednesday i got a call from mr. nimesh lad sony mumbai head or some important position, he said he called to just talk on the issue i was facing, he tried to tell me this was some NOLA effect to which i had to tell nnone of the same model you see on youtube or shown by redditors have this defect and how much convincing was needed for sony to accept this faulty TV, i enforced i want a replacement, there was talk from him that he will have to confirm with the team on which model I'll get that is a different or step up, as i had purchased the TV for HDMI 2.1 i stated i require the same model. So he told me he will convey it to the team. Then i had to call him in the evening and he said he has raised a replacement request, i told him to please give it as soon as possible, he said the stock delivery from sony to service center and then to my place takes time so will take a week, i called the next day just to check and then he said the request was pending senior approval and was taking time, i called him on friday but he wasn't picking up and messaged he was in a meeting.

So after that i called mr. allwyn buthello, who had called me on 14th nov upon my email to sony, i asked again when i am getting the replacement and he said there are no stocks now and they'll get it on 25th and upon persistence from me he said they will deliver it on 26th november. I don't know how true this holds though as i asked for a proof of replacement either a email to my email id they have or a replacement number, they just keep saying it is associated with my complaint number which i raised on 12th november last week. To which he said you have word from nimesh who said will give you a replacement he is the regional head, but i still wanted proof so i told him to email me the same confirmation response from sony and to that he said he will tell nimesh.

I am yet to get any email from them, i don't know if they are seriously replacing it or like this reddit complaint of some user shown below about the same sony head allwyn buthello, i feel like they are stringing me along till my 30 day replacement period is over, guys please don't buy sony, these people are not at all caring for the customer, and once they get your money for their faulty product they treat you like a dirty sock and throw you away. Sony has caused me and my family member so much distress that i am beginning to loath them, such type of cheap products are not expected from a high end model of 1 Lakh range.

This has gotten me in a real bad tense mood, i don't know whom to trust, i study Japanese, i know they are diligent people, but now they are operating a scam business with faulty products being sold to unsuspecting buyers of india who have to work so hard to get a rightful replacement that it has now made me very scared to make a electronic purchase in our country, as people running these multinational companies are corporate desi scum.

Sorry for the late updation but like i said i am very much tired in solving this matter and with poor communication from sony i hate how our people are treated unlike in western world where sony is increasing warranty of i guess costco buyers from 2 to 5 years for free. While they rob our money to fund their free white people privileges.

Guys be alert buyers, give these scum companies hell, i suffered from sony, mr. nitin from samsung, these companies need their reputation dragged in mud so they can stay like a Atithi in our country instead of thinking themselves as gods.

Why don't you wait for replacement like everyone else do?
To me, more and more it looks like you are just paranoid.
Let the company finish their procedures and provide you with a replacement.
You stop reading customer complaints online and think it has happened to you. For every complaint out there, there are 100s of happy campers.
I can bet you, you can find an unresolved complaint for any X brand out in the internet. People start some threads and not close them when their issue is resolved. It is not your problem to worry about. Worrying over a 5 year old unrelated post in the internet will not solve anything.
Your problem to worry about is your replacement tv. Post if your replacement claim is rejected or if the replacement tv has a problem.

Why don't you wait for replacement like everyone else do?
To me, more and more it looks like you are just paranoid.
Let the company finish their procedures and provide you with a replacement.
You stop reading customer complaints online and think it has happened to you. For every complaint out there, there are 100s of happy campers.
I can bet you, you can find an unresolved complaint for any X brand out in the internet. People start some threads and not close them when their issue is resolved. It is not your problem to worry about. Worrying over a 5 year old unrelated post in the internet will not solve anything.
Your problem to worry about is your replacement tv. Post if your replacement claim is rejected or if the replacement tv has a problem.
Well I'm documenting the issue here, as companies do try to get their way if we don't voice up.

The mr. nimesh lad i mentioned tried to convince me this is some effect called NOLA effect or something which i did not even find it online or any videos on youtube. A few members here, and 15+ X90H owners on reddit who replied are proof enough that the panel is faulty and i give kudos to loyal sony employees to make a new kind of effect to fool customers. Clearly you didn't read this part before calling me paranoid, of course I'm gonna make the noise necessary to call out a company who had tried their best to tell me it's natural when same model owners who ran the test and said they have no such issues is the true proof on my end.

The company should care for the customer, i did all the hectic trouble to enforce the truth that the panel is faulty, to which mind you they still haven't sent a confirmation email that i am getting a replacement which is the professional norm and that is how you behave when you are in a big company like sony, this is not some desi brand TV. I was first told to believe word of mouth of sony mumbai head [is this a local street shop that we now work with word of mouth than proper documented paperwork.] Obviously when you have Rs. 1 Lakh stuck in a faulty product you will be worried, we are not rich people, our hard earned money is at stake.

I had to call mr. allwyn today and informed him to send the cofirmation email by tomorrow, to which he said they'll said by tomorrow 2pm. Let's see.

I get your point about customer complaints but don't ignore those when one faces such an issue you then know their true worth.

The disappointment here is this whole thing ruined the entire festive season for me, diwali was a bit of a diversion from the global pandemic, and on top of that sony people mr. girish the sony engineer then mr. allwyn on first call on 14th told me go check the vijay sales store unit, i mean i had to take risk of going out just to buy the table and the TV, and now these guys were telling me go check the store unit again and see if you can find the issue with that, i had to hold my own that store unit did not have any such issue at the time when i made the purchase decision and now you shouldn't tell me to go and check that TV again in the pandemic, and that too a unit that is on 12 hours a day for like 6 months now.

The amount of dumb questions that i had to tackle and explain my situation over and over again to new faces and players made me sound like a broken record, that kind of mental stress should not be given to customers, here what you said seems to me that you are giving the companies a clean sheet, well what about the non tech savy people who know their screen is faulty but can't fight enough to prove things like DSE, dead pixels or any other panel issues in other cases non similar to mine.

We as buyers need to unite and let the companies know we are with each other, i'm not just talking about sony but every brand, those brands can't get away with selling us cheap shit and hope half the buyers don't notice this shit because they are casuals and the companies can get away, for our future purchases to be safe, we need to have buyer friendly environment where buyers of now can benefit from consumer/customer friendly laws.

You should listen to one FM suggested earlier .
Tag Sony India directly on Twitter.
On different nature of issue related to airline I got immediate response after Twitter post whereas they ignored me on calls and emails.
I am not good with twitter, as i said it has only 200 character limit, how can i possibly mention such a detailed issue on twitter.

They are currently saying they are working on my case, but please post any helpful guidelines on rasing noise on twitter so that it won't just help me but to everyone here on the forum.

Hey there bro, calm down. Chill. Dont get a stroke by getting worked out. You have approached them and they are working on it and do give them the breathing space. Talk to Sony's live online chat, apart from these folks. Don't wear your emotions up your sleeves and just remember you will get your replacement but it is just taking its time. If you keep frowning about this it will only harm your health. Just remember Sony has not built an empire by leaving it's customers to the wolves. You shall prevail. But don't get frustrated and lose your cool in every minute of your free time.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back