Definitive technology promonitor 1000 or SVS prime satellites for front speakers

Nitin K

Hi,

Has anyone tested the Def tech Promonitor 1000 vs SVS Prime satellites for 2 channel music or movies . Room size is 14 feet Length X 11 feet Width X 11 feet height.
Which one sounds more clear & smooth. Did not find a direct comparison between both on the internet. Thanks.

Nitin

Hi Nitin
I have SVS prime satellites for my home theater setup. They are really good but they need to be driven hard. Their sensitivity is really low. But i have not compared it to DT's. I am sure you will not get a direct comparison anywhere. What budget are you looking at?

Hi Nitin
I have SVS prime satellites for my home theater setup. They are really good but they need to be driven hard. Their sensitivity is really low. But i have not compared it to DT's. I am sure you will not get a direct comparison anywhere. What budget are you looking at?

Hi Sribuddy,

I really apologise for my late reply. Thanks a lot for your helpful response. I am sure SVS prime satellites may be better than DT since I have replace my DT procinema 1000 subwoofer with the SVS PC 2000 & has a world of a difference where quality of bass & sound stage is concerned. The PC 2000 has exceeded my expectations & easily fills the room with chair shaking bass at just 50% volume..
For the 4 satellites & center speaker I went for the Dali Oberon 1 & Vokal which are extremely smooth sounding speakers & are way better than the DT procinema 1000's for stereo. The PC 2000 also blends seamlessly with the Dali's.

For stereo use Definitive Technology Bookshelf Speakers SM 45/ 55 / 65 are quite good and have an excellent sound stage with crystal clarity and smooth punch...

Fully agree with you Efernand1, the DT SM series is well reviewed & respected for stereo use though personally I have not heard them. . The DT Procinema 1000's were quite good & enjoyable for movies. But for stereo they were quite bright sounding for my ears. But then again that would be my personal taste & some else may have an opposite opinion. The Procinema 1000 was quite expensive & did not justify the price.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back