Denafrips - any experience?

Well I came across denafrips the Singapore brand, from one of John Darko's video - denafrips terminator to be precise. Observing John's gussiness over this, I went to their website and checked their products.

I took notice of the DACs, pre amp and Poweramp. Then bang Steve Guttenberg started singing peaens about Ares.

So my interest got piqued....and now added Denafrips Hyperion power amp as potential for future buy. (And maybe later the DACS with a latter budget)

So here is the intent of this post : Dear FMs what do you think of Denafrips? Any experience of their Hyperion amps/ Hestia?

And R2R dac Pontus......looks quite convincing.

So chime in guys. Need your points and inputs.
I have a Denafrips Ares II, purchased off of HeadPhoneZone India. I like it - it has better detail, imaging and bass weight than entry level DACs such as Schiit Modi 3+, inbuilt DACs in midrange Denon/Yamaha AVRs (Better significantly). I primarily use Spotify/Apple Music Lossless streamed to an iFi Zen Stream -> Denafrips Ares 2 -> Denon PMA2000IVR -> Monitor Audio GX300, and it works really well. An interesting observation is that the sound changes slightly depending on the input cable and port used - USB vs Coaxial. Coaxial is less warmer (I like neutral leaning) and a tighter sound compared to USB. FLAC sounds better compared to Apple Music lossless streaming.

I am interested in the Hestia/Hyperion combo but currently determining if I'll get positive results as my listening space has poor acoustics.

I have a pontus 2 brought from headphonezone last year and within a year it went kaput thrice so bit concerned about the Quality or quality control done

I have a pontus 2 brought from headphonezone last year and within a year it went kaput thrice so bit concerned about the Quality or quality control done
I guess they are inconsistent. My experience with the Pontus has been pretty good overthe past 18 months

What sort of issues have you seen and how was the headphonezone support?

I guess they are inconsistent. My experience with the Pontus has been pretty good overthe past 18 months

What sort of issues have you seen and how was the headphonezone support?

First issue - Coax input was not working, troubleshooted has malfunctioned DSP Board. HPZ replaced it. The entire process took almost 3 months to fix and receive it back.

Second Issue - Pontus refused to start, troubleshooted has failed/burned transformer. HPZ replaced it and shipped back almost around 2 Months

Third Issue - Pontus received after second repair didn't turned on, troubleshooted has broken DSP Module while shipping back as HFZ didn't used the original packings. Waiting for the replacement to arrive and fix the Pontus may be two to three more weeks.

HFZ support is average and the time taken for turn around is huge minimum is 2 months. They should stock some spares for quick turn around

So in a years period how many months did I used and how many months it was laying at HFZ for spares/Repairs.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back