Denon 1509 AVR - need some help

jazzedupman

Hi Everyone

This is my first post here - must says its gr8 forum!

I am actually planning to buy Denon 1509 AVR along with WD 9.2 as fronts.

For surrounds and sub, i plan to reuse my Altec Lansing ATP 3 computer speakers (till the time i can save more for professional surrounds and sub).

The ATP 3 has two sats which get plugged into the sub. The sub then has a stereo line to the sound card.

My question is whether it is somehow possible to connect the ATP 3 sub and the sats (directly or via sub) to Denon 1509 and use them for surround+subwoofer purpose?

Please guide me - thanks :)

Hi

HTML:
For surrounds and sub, i plan to reuse my Altec Lansing ATP 3 computer speakers (till the time i can save more for professional surrounds and sub).

Don't do it computer speakers are ment only for computers with very low impedence which cannot match with Denon avr, which may cause damage to your AVR, so either you buy proper surround and sub-woofer or use only your front speakers.

Regards

Sub

Video: Panny 32 LCD, PS3, Sony DVP-NS78H, Samsung DVD-P365H, WDTV, Big TV.
Audio: Yamaha RX-V661, Sansui G-5000, Hand Made Towers for stereo, Pioneer Linear Power for HT with Onkyo SL-107 powered sub.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back