Denon 1909 or 1910? Please help..

Thanks dude. Hmmm will try to write some review but from a layman's point of view. Will be playing some CD's too today. Let's see how it sounds, should be good I hope.

if you felt being pushed over by a suzi, driven like mad around that time on the old Airport road, then I'm really sorry

...so it was you eh!! :annoyed: :mad:

congrats...and enjoy your new toy! :clapping:

Oops Soulforged, sorry :yahoo: Thanks, eagerly waiting to go home, wanna play Uncharted with the surround sound ;-)

Hemant, talk to Ashishkesarwani, he has posted on this thread itself about a deal at Delhi. Probably in 2nd page. It's even cheaper there.

eagerly waiting to go home, wanna play Uncharted with the surround sound ;-)

So eagerly waiting for weekend too.3 days wkend starts from 25 Dec.
I can understand that you waited for long for system & need some time to tweak with it.

Congratulations Konfused !! I am glad they replaced with a brand new piece.

Cheers
Thanks Venkat Sir. And yes, I was initially bit apprehensive that they may make some noise about the replacement as it was seen after took the package home. But they were quite nice and professional to address my grievances.

So eagerly waiting for weekend too.3 days wkend starts from 25 Dec.
I can understand that you waited for long for system & need some time to tweak with it.
Oh yeah, a long weekend ahead :yahoo: and I don't have any plans for any trips(my other hobby) this time. Will be trying it to tune it to my liking, already auddessey has done a good job and just a few more things to be done by me like placement of speakers and re-tuning it again.

@konfused,
hope u r enjoying yourself !! wake up the neighbours and lets have the feedback, pronto.

@other gurus
thinking seriously about a 1910. is it ok to use it with my existing wharfe speaker set (please see below) ? i.e. is the 90Wpc sufficient to satisfactorily drive the speaker set?
instead, should i go for a 2310 ? right now, its out of budget, but that may change in a few months :). my specific query is, does the price diff justify the expense, considering the speaker set i have ? [i particularly like the pre-out facility of the 2310, where i can add a stereo amp at a later date.]

p.s. - there's already a thread about "1610-1910-2310", but since that ended with the purchase of a 1610, i thought it more appropriate to post my query here.

thinking seriously about a 1910. is it ok to use it with my existing wharfe speaker set (please see below) ? i.e. is the 90Wpc sufficient to satisfactorily drive the speaker set?

I see that you are using a Yamaha. Have you auditioned the Denon. The sound signatures are completely different. At least for movies, I think the Yamaha has more authority. Why don't you also consider a 863 that will be equivalent to the 2310 but may be available at a lesser price?

Cheers

thanks for the quick reply venkat sir.

no, honestly i havent heard the 1910. i tried for the 663/863 but they are just not available anywhere (at least in n.india, as per my feedback).

my brother has an older denon model. sound seems ok to me. in any case,
1910/2310 should be a substantial step-up from my 65wpc & 6yr old yamaha, isnt it ?

anyway, back to my specific query - is 90 Wpc enough for me (room size 3m x 5m) ???

Got my hands on my new Denon 1910.

congrats KonfuSed :yahoo:, now that u have purchased it, so no longer KonfuSed :).

I am also in the process to upgrade my receiver.

i have few queries:

Is Denon 1910 "made in china or made in japan", i mean whats written on its back.

did u ask where do ProFx have a service center in Bangalore, as there is nothing mentioned on their website, do they give replacement warranty or repair warranty and for how long.

Thanks

Hi Konfused...does the 1910 have pre-outs for all the channels? I read that there are some differences in the asian/european and US models in this aspect...

anyway, back to my specific query - is 90 Wpc enough for me (room size 3m x 5m) ???

Unless you are in the habit of listening at very high levels, 90 watts per channel is quite sufficient. I have seen the 1910 drive varied speakers such as QA, PSB, and even Cantons with ease.

Cheers

Unless you are in the habit of listening at very high levels, 90 watts per channel is quite sufficient.

thanks for the advice.

my listening levels are anything but high. i have never needed to exceed -35dB on my existing yamaha avr. so i guess i should be ok. still, i may change my mind in favour of the 2310, depending on price drop in the near future.

if only i could get hold of a 863 .......

Hi Konfused...does the 1910 have pre-outs for all the channels? I read that there are some differences in the asian/european and US models in this aspect...
Hmmm not sure, will check and let you know by today evening.

congrats KonfuSed :yahoo:, now that u have purchased it, so no longer KonfuSed :).

I am also in the process to upgrade my receiver.

i have few queries:

Is Denon 1910 "made in china or made in japan", i mean whats written on its back.

did u ask where do ProFx have a service center in Bangalore, as there is nothing mentioned on their website, do they give replacement warranty or repair warranty and for how long.

Thanks
I'm still confused as there are many more things to get ;-)
I think it's made in China if I remember correctly. Do we get made in japan Denons in India? I doubt that.
The address is mentioned in the leaflet, will update the address tonight.

BTW, guys, mine is distributed by KEI, so will ProFx honour the service request, if any? I don't see any KEI service center on that list.

The AVR is made in China.
I don't see any pre-out for any channels.

Address for ProFx service center:
Advanced Audio Solutions (bangalore)Pvt. Ltd.
No. 53, KH road, Opp Big Bazaar, Bangalore 560027
Phone: 080 3297 0853 Fax: 080 2211 2043

Regards,

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back