Denon 2309, any suggestions

pradski

HI,

I have zeroed in on Denon 2309, for my set up of WF9.6,with Polk sub, Marantz cd5001,sony dvd, sam 40" A550.

I want suggestions anything else to be considered, in the same range and league.

Denon 2309 sells approx 50k.

Thanks

Hi
Good choice. I was doing the rounds of this forum some months back, now that my HT is coming closer to realty, I decided to open up with your thread.

1) Good choice for the current config. I hope you are getting a HDMI/Blue Ray DVD player.

2) I am also thinking of buying Denon 2309 + LA40A650A1. Will be building on good speakers next year. LA40A550P1 is a good VMF.

3) Hope you have provisions for good ventilation for the AVR.

Raman

Hi pradski,

Denon 2309 is a solid choice. i missed out on 1909 though and bought yamaha 663 instead(which is good too:D). 1909 was withing budget(extended one from 20K to 40K), 2309 was way out and was not available 2 months back and was quoted 60k then.

Anyways right choice mate. Hey Raman, see venkatcr's post a little while back and if you investing in TV too, why not 42 inches for a FULLHD. Just a suggestion.

All the best to both of you for extravagant burning of money for electronic goods. Am a vicim too;). But happy:).

Thanks raman and anooj.

Ventilation is ok. I don't know how much is needed.
HDMI is ready with all the cables. everything is ready for final touches, except the rear speakers which will be WF9.2.

Anooj,

I started with 606onkyo, then 1909, 663 Yam. finally I landed up with 2309.47k.
In fact if I had not accidentally come in to this forum. May be I would've ended up buying something god knows. Thanks to this forum members.

Extravagant money spending is because anyway we have been spending on useless expenditure, parties and lot of wastage. So I thought this is the best option to spend and cut down on my wasteful spending. (some of it is borrowed also)

Maniac,

I know not much difference in specs. it is only the power. 10w more than the 1909. plus i had read some reviews favoring 2309 as it was built on 2308 platform.(Officially it has not been reviewed as yet by cnet)

I have not auditioned this just had my bil to pick it up as it was 47k last night. He has the unit still I have to get it by weekend.

The diff is 6k only.

Last edited:
Hi
Some basic differences in them are:
1909 2309
1) Wattage 90 RMS 100 RMS
2) Analog-Analog No Yes
3) Audio Delay (Sync) No Yes

Also note the new 09 series add DD+, Dolby True Hd, and DTS HD Master
Some changes in Audyssey technologies and 12v trigger support has been removed.
More detailed comparison on
Denon USA | A/V Receivers & Separates

KR
Raman

hello everybody,

i got my 2309, last week.

I set it up with WF9.6. as usual it was pathetic, until I set it properly. The first sound really scares you.

They are sounding really great. My polk sw is disconnected. Waiting to finish the set up. Rest of the speakers are due.

I like to listen to music with all the channels possible.
Stereo is was with walkman for me. I don't think I can sit in a sweet spot with these big machines and listen to music.
When we have hardly mins to listen to music how far can we sit in one place and listen.
Those were the days we did with little masters. Now I move around and listen to music with these monsters.

Anyway I will post my pictures of my journey moment I finish.

Cheers

Last edited:
pradski,

congratulations on your acquisition... just wondering if you ever auditioned MS speakers as well and how you compare them to the wharfedales...

Siddharth

Sid, so far I had auditioned polk monitors, jamo, WF and klipsch series only.

I have not seen MS in the places I visited.

Hi
Some basic differences in them are:
1909 2309
1) Wattage 90 RMS 100 RMS
2) Analog-Analog No Yes
3) Audio Delay (Sync) No Yes

Also note the new 09 series add DD+, Dolby True Hd, and DTS HD Master
Some changes in Audyssey technologies and 12v trigger support has been removed.
More detailed comparison on
Denon USA | A/V Receivers & Separates

KR
Raman

A word of caution while comparing from the US site, the model in Us is 2309CI, which is diffrent from the Singapore (India) model, the US model has the pre outs for sub only, while the Singapore model has it for all channels and the Us model comes with a zone2 remote, while Singapore model has only the main zone remote,

The pre out was critical for me as based on the comparison on Us site, I had almost written it out in favor of probably 2809 or a non-Denon system, but the dealer guided me to the specs on the Singapore site!

Best Regards,

Danccc

All, I decided to go for Denon 1909 and placed the order. I have not received the AVR yet and is being delayed for long. I dont know how long I have to wait for. The dealer is suggesting me to consider Yam 663. How good/bad is this AVR compared to Denon 1909.

All, I decided to go for Denon 1909 and placed the order. I have not received the AVR yet and is being delayed for long. I dont know how long I have to wait for. The dealer is suggesting me to consider Yam 663. How good/bad is this AVR compared to Denon 1909.

where did u place the order from ?? profx ???? is there a problem with delivery of 1909s .. since i am also facing the same ...

Back