Denon 520BT + 440 + FXI A4 calibration

pawan_pullarwar

Hello Friends,

I recently bought Denon 520BT and a pair of Polk 440. After buying it I started to calibrate it. Spent 1 week everyday around 4 hours, as I was new to all these. I some how managed to calibrate it for my liking. But I have increased speaker level to 12 db. At this level I get the clarity and separation. Is it because of the basic Denon receiver I bought ? Is there any issue if I set it to highest level?

I also ordered Polk FXI A4 surround, will my Denon 520BT has enough power to play all these together ?

Need your suggestion. Thanks.

Hi

Yes you are using a base model of Denon AVR and there is no issue if you have calibrated the speakers to 12db as long as the AVR does not overheat...put some cooling fans for it....

Secondly, you can also calibrate the source input levels, after that perhaps you can bring down the speaker levels....

Hello Friends,

I recently bought Denon 520BT and a pair of Polk 440. After buying it I started to calibrate it. Spent 1 week everyday around 4 hours, as I was new to all these. I some how managed to calibrate it for my liking. But I have increased speaker level to 12 db. At this level I get the clarity and separation. Is it because of the basic Denon receiver I bought ? Is there any issue if I set it to highest level?

Depending on how far your listening position is from AVR.

If you use smart phone, try this ..download the application - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.keuwl.splmeter&hl=en and see how much SPL you hit on it.. Approx 75 db SPL on your listening position.. Until you see 75 dbSPL on your phone, try increasing/decreasing the db level of each speakers..

I also ordered Polk FXI A4 surround, will my Denon 520BT has enough power to play all these together ?

The surrounds are 88db efficeint... AVR should handle it comfortably..

Also if you have the sub, set the speaker's crossover to 80Hz..

Hello Friends,

At 12db you are clearly having ti over drive the amp. If you have an option to
Upgrade to x1200 or x2200 do it. 520 does not have the horsepower to drive the 440 to their potential.

MaSh

Guys, Update on my Polk setup. Yesterday I bought TSX 150C center speaker and oh boy, it made hell lot of difference to listening music. The soft vocal and soft/compact bass is now coming through center speaker, which I was missing in front 440. Luckily seller had Denon 520BT, so he first played T30, which I was interested in for the cheap price, but it wasn't impressive at all with 520 receiver. But as soon as he connected TSX 150, this speaker made serious difference in overall setup. So whoever planning to buy Polk TSX 440, my advice is to must buy TSX series center speaker as well.

I'm sorry to say but u paid atleast about 8-9k more than what the Polk TSX440 cost! Did u get them from profx? If so,profx gives a 20% discount on the MRP.

I know because I had the 440 TSX and I have bought most of my equipment from profx.

Hey
I am based out of Pune too, and m planning to go for the same 520Bt and polk 440. Where did you get it from? I think soundscape in baner has these brands, not sure if any other shops keep them brands:/
Should I go for Yamaha rx-v481as someone mentioned denon is underpowered.
Thanks in advance

Hi

Demand the 10-20% discount from ProFx as FMs here have availed of it.....

Secondly for AVRs, Profx deals with Yamaha and Denons.....it's an individual call to decide which AVR suits well and what connectivity requirements along with WOW features is required by the user....

IMHO, for the last 5 years Marantz is good value for money.....excellent in performance for music and movies...all models have the required tweaking manual features which makes it an audiophilers best friend!.

Yamaha's don't come like they used to in the late 90s.....Pioneer LX series is excellent but expensive....Denon (although made by D & M Holdings - who make Marantz too) is different and yes cheaper.....

So audition and decide....what you want in an AVR......

If budget is a challenge, see For Sale by owner or Hifiads.com and take advantage of really good deals....for example, you can get the Marantz NR1605 which is a 7.1 AVR..since you are going to configure a 5.1 setup.....you can Bi-Amp the 440s and enjoy excellent performance as dedicated power is being fused to the speakers....rest of the remaining channels will be available for center and surrounds...

Rock Bottom Price ! Slim 7.1 Marantz AVR Wifi Bluetooth 4k UHD - HiFiADS.com

Your call now.....all the best!

Hey
I am based out of Pune too, and m planning to go for the same 520Bt and polk 440. Where did you get it from? I think soundscape in baner has these brands, not sure if any other shops keep them brands:/
Thanks in advance

Yes, I bought it from soundscap in Aundh, near Reliance Mart, check your room size. My front wall is just 10 fit away from sitting position, now I felt, 440 is bigger for my room size, instead I should have bought 220. Must buy center speaker as well 150 or 250. Dealer has 520BT for audition, you can check speakers on 520BT. His contact number is 9850740162 Kartik.

Guys, need suggestion, I have put my Denon 520BT receiver inside open cabinet, it is open from front but but not much space on top and side. I am seeing the unit is heating up, I don't know if it is normal behavior. I thought to put a fan on top of Receiver, something like shown in the link below. Is it good idea for keeping the unit cool ?

Buy Hicool 12A 230H BAC 4 Inch 230 V AC Compact Axial Fan @ Best Prices-Industrybuying

Hi

The regular cabinets lack ventilation and depending on what volume levels you use the avr, it will definitely heat up....

Cooling fans is required to keep it stable in performance.

Hey
Thanks in advance

Hi Anshuman, tried to send you PM but somehow not able to see message replied in sent folder. Please search my name Pawan Pullarwar Pune in Facebook and send me message.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back