** Denon AVR-1611 : Owner's Thread **

zeeya

DENON1611BK_E2_fr_000_D.png

The AVR-1611 is an A/V receiver with HDMI version 1.4 that can be connected to TVs and other devices such as Blu-ray disc players, game consoles, and set-top boxes, that support 3D video. Of course, it also supports HD Audio formats such as Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio to give you the powerful, dynamic surround sound you expect with the amazing 3D video images youre watching. In addition, the AVR-1611 provides a wealth of features that you would want an A/V receiver to have, including HDMI conversion when connected to a TV via a single HDMI cable and a different type of video signal is being input to the AVR-1611, convenient on-screen displays, and easy operation.

Features

• Featuring 3D pass-through technology
  • Supports HDMI 1.4 with 3D, Audio Return Channel, Deep Color, x.v.Color, Auto Lipsync and HDMI control function
  • 4 x HDMI in / 1 x HDMI out (Repeater)
  • Newly developed pre memory remote control handset with Glo-Key
  • Remote Setup Guidance
  • One-cable HD solution
  • Supports HDMI 1.4 with Audio Return Channel
  • All sources are up-converted to HDMI
  • 4 x HDMI in / 1 x HDMI out with On-Screen Display
  • State-of-the-art Denon Solutions for Maximising Content Quality
  • Fully discrete, identical quality and power for all 5 channels (110 W x 5ch)
  • Stable power supply for high-quality sound and picture playback
  • High definition audio support, Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio
  • Supports Dolby Pro Logic IIz processing
  • All video-sources are up-converted to HDMI
  • Connectivity & Future-ready Expandability
  • Dock connectivity for iPod and network streaming
  • Ease-of-Use
  • On-Screen Display
  • Audyssey Dynamic Volume, for real-time volume adjustment
  • Audyssey MultEQ and Auto Setup: Tower type microphone for more accurate measuring / Up to six measurement points / High level resolution filters for satellite speakers and also subwoofer
Others
Lower power consumption at stand-by 0.1 W (Standby)
Power amp construction discrete
Large Aluminium Extruded Heatsink (sound-optimised)
Bandwidth 10 Hz - 100 kHz

Sound Formats
Dolby TrueHD
Dolby Digital Plus
Dolby Digital-Decoder
Dolby Digital EX
Dolby Pro Logic II
96-kHz Processing (analogue / PCM)
Dolby Pro Logic IIx
Dolby Pro Logic IIz
DTS-HD
DTS-Decoder
DTS-ES Discrete/Matrix 6.1 /
DTS Neo:6 Cinema & DTS-Neo:6 Music /
96-kHz Processing
DTS 96/24

DSP
DSP 32-Bit Floating point-DSP
3rd Generation SHARC ADSP-21367
Cinema Equalizer
Audyssey Dynamic Volume
Virtual-Surround (Headphones/Speaker)
DSP programs 7
Multichannel Stereo 5CH-/6CH-/7CH-Stereo

Digital Circuit
D/A converter 24-bit / 192-kHz
A/D converter 24-bit / 96-kHz
Digital Interface Receiver (DIR) 24-bit / 192-kHz

Auto Setup
Detection of connected speakers
Speaker phase check (absolute Phase)
Detection speaker size (large/small)
Recognition of optimal crossover frequency
each speaker individually
Automatic time delay adjustment (0,01 Metre increments)
Automatic level adjustment (0,5 dB increments)
Accurate microphone DM-A409 (included)
custom made by Audio-Technica

Auto Room EQ
Operating mode Audyssey MultEQ with Advanced Low Frequency Correction (ALFC)
Measuring Algorithm Audyssey MultEQ
Optimisation/EQ curve memory Audyssey: MultEQ Algorithms
Choice of EQ curves without re-measurement of the system (Audyssey, Audyssey Flat, Audyssey Byp. Front, Manual)
Manually adjustable graphic EQ 9 Band
every speaker individually
Direct Mode with/without EQ
EQ curves assignable to surround modes
Copy function for measured EQ curves into manual graphic EQ

More info: Click Here

View attachment 3449

The AVR-1611 is an A/V receiver with HDMI version 1.4 that can be connected to TVs ...

...EQ curves assignable to surround modes
Copy function for measured EQ curves into manual graphic EQ

More info: Click Here

would it have been easier to just post the link to the denon site instead of this entire cut-paste?

more to the point, what's the objective of this thread? are you an owner? do you expect other owners to join (unlikely that they'd be clueless about their reciever as to require a spec sheet dump)

Hi kapvin,
Yes, I am the proud owner of Denon 1611.
What I meant by this thread is I wanted all Denon 1611 owners to start discussing their avr problems/suggestion to use it to the optimum.
The spec sheet, I attached only to give it a start and to NOT re-educate people who own this avr.
I hope we might have some kind of discussion on the avr in this thread like the price, where to buy?, speakers, settings and any other thing relevant to this avr.
Thanks.

Hi Zeeya,
I'm glad you started this thread.
I too am a proud owner of 1611.
Coming to the point: Has any one been able to program the AVR's remote for Oppo-980 DVD player?

I have 1611,it auto-detects DTS audio ,but DD sometimes goes into stereo,so how do you make sure it detects DD,there are manual options like DIRECT,DTS NEO and pro logic iiz..I have the source as wdtv connected via hdmi,Any idea?

I have 1611,it auto-detects DTS audio ,but DD sometimes goes into stereo,so how do you make sure it detects DD,there are manual options like DIRECT,DTS NEO and pro logic iiz..I have the source as wdtv connected via hdmi,Any idea?

Press "Standard" button on the remote. If the content is DD, it will be displayed as Dolby D on the display panel.

Hi guys,

I am also planning to buy Denon 1611 (almost finalised), just want few suggestions and comments on how its performing with your speakers? good/bad things about it, if you have found any.

It would be a great help whatever you would add.
thanks

@Zeeya - I am not sure if you are doing justice to 1611 by running it off RM6750, not sure about ur listening preferences... but then you need to sync it with the likes of Jamo, Wafr, Dali etc... This is a good AMP, I have the last version 1610....

Hi all,
I am planning replace my fronts of Polk audio RM6750 paired to Denon 1611 with Wharfedale 9.1 or Polk Tsi100.
Any suggestions? Please.
What is the price I can get them in Bangalore?

Hi there, am contemplating between a 1611 and 1911, hence tracking this thread as well. I am planning to source the AVR from US, just coz my budget for the AVR + speakers is 30K max.
Initially I was planning to buy Onkyo 3300 (from India) but now switched it to Denon 1611/ 1911 from US, paired with speakers from india. Kittu suggested I go for PolkRM6750 or Klipsch HD 300/ 500 or Energy Take from India or from US via SYW/ eay GEB etc.

As per Rajat 1911 is not to be paired with Polk. Is it just the sound quality difference or technically the speakers can't be paired with the 1911? Any mismatch in the specs?

Coz just a few posts later Zeeya has also decided to upgrade the fronts of his setup.

Any clues?

Have you guyz ever come across the issue reported in this review on 1611?

This isnt a issue as it has lower power output than 1911.Now if you connect it to speakers with high sensitivity(say Klipsh,MS),you may not get problem.But with lower sensitive one,AVR can clip.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back