Denon AVR aka piece of crap

I had two Denon AVR, one gave up after 3years another one had a red light problem so gave it for service they charged me 7K to change some board inside. It worked fine for more 1 year and finally it gave up as well. I do understand it's not always the AVR but on how you use it and if there is too much of moisture, but i have a Yamaha AVR from past 7-8 years which works fine without any problems. Recently got a new AVR that was a Yamaha RX-V581 working fine as for now i hope it serves me well and won't give up like the crappy Denon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it is not about just the AVR but also the different technologies that come into play (here it is probably HDMI). Sensitive and overtly digital technology comes at a cost and that cost is longetivity. I can't type more as I am typing from a phablet and not a normal keyboard? (See my point?).

Last edited:
I am using Denon AVR 2113 since June 2014 and giving heavy work out every day for atleast of hour. I have never face any such problem and works fine till date. Before six months I have send my AVR to ProFx service center for preventive maintenance. Moisture and dust get cleaned , application of CRC cleaner , cleaning of terminals and contacts etc . Now will again sent two years for preventive maintenance. Major problem arises with non maintenance , improper handling, fluctuations in power, poor ventilation etc. I am absolutely happy with my Denon and in future will upgrade with Denon only , may be with Denon AVR x3300ci.

Sent from my Le X507 using Tapatalk

Before six months I have send my AVR to ProFx service center for preventive maintenance. Moisture and dust get cleaned , application of CRC cleaner , cleaning of terminals and contacts etc . Now will again sent two years for preventive maintenance.

Do you have a maintenance contract with Profx, is this service available in all major cities. I own a Yamaha, keep it dust free by vaccuming whenever possible. I was planning on an upgrade to either Marantz or Denon but now feel to stick on with Yamaha itself.

Regards,
Rajiv

It's not a maintenance contract but they changed me Rs. 1200/- for preventive service's of AVR.

Sent from my Le X507 using Tapatalk

The HDMI issues with these are known and have "fix" video's on youtube. Of course hitting your AVR's chip with a 650F heat gun isn't anyone's idea of good fun. But I have a few dead Onkyo's I got for nothing I will be happy to torch in a few weeks In the name of science.
Thanks.
Srinath.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back