Denon AVR-X2400H goes into protection mode

Hey everyone,

Faced the issue again with ECO mode off. Luckily, I have been able to reproduce this problem and managed to make a video of it.

Link to video

It happens at exactly the same place in this scene when the body is being dragged away. At lower volume of about 65 it did not go into protection mode.

How can I avoid this problem? Or will I have to live with it?
By volume 65 do you mean around -15db?
Are you running the front speakers on "large"?? are your speaker wires new? This can also happen when the speaker wires are shorting some where? Check the wiring behind you speakers & avr.

That looks like a shorting of wires to me. Disconnect all your speakers (Remove the speaker wire from the receiver end not speaker end) except for the Fronts and the Sub. Set the fronts to Small and Cross them at 100Hz. Remove the front speaker's wiring and check it thoroughly before putting it back in. Please set the volume to dB values and set the receiver's max Volume to 0dB. See that the levels for the fronts are not higher that +2dB. Input Gain set to a max 8. Sub level in the range of -4 to +3. Play the scene again and see if it goes into protection. If it does, then will dig deeper.

MaSh

Hi,

Hope you are aware of i am going to buy the Elac F5 pack for my Denon AVR2400. Just was browsing through the setup option in the Denon 2400 manual.
And found that there is a way to change the ohms settings to match 6ohms speakers. Since Elac F5 , C5 and B5 are 6ohms speakers you need to change the settings in the AVR, which will drive more current to the speakers to match 6 ohms.... Try out

1523138416718.png

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back