Denon AVR-X2700H - yes or no ?

soamz

So, I have had two 7.2 Denon amps since 2017 and both worked excellently and served the purpose, but I had to sell them all in 2022, when I moved to dubai.
So, I have to set up everything from 0 here in my Dubai new villa.

So, was looking for this: Denon AVR-X2700H
It's a 7.2 system.

My major preference is movies on the projector screen!
And PS5 games too.
Music is very little.

So do you recommend this or some other models ?

So, I have had two 7.2 Denon amps since 2017 and both worked excellently and served the purpose, but I had to sell them all in 2022, when I moved to dubai.

It's a 7.2 system.

And PS5 games too.
Music is very little.

Dubai has enough dealers who you can visit for a demo. Depending on your budget, you can audition a different AVR and set of speakers. Trust your ears and decide.

Also read reviews online / see Youtube videos to understand first hand feedback from users.

Dubai has enough dealers who you can visit for a demo. Depending on your budget, you can audition a different AVR and set of speakers. Trust your ears and decide.

Also read reviews online / see Youtube videos to understand first hand feedback from users.
Noted will do that!

Denon is very good for movies. But i think Denon AVR-X2700H can't do atmos, if you are looking for Atmos setup then go with thier Denon 3XXX series.
If you are ok with 7.1 system then this is good one.

For atmos setup, you need to put 2 ceiling speakers, right ?
I cannot do that,as I don't have cushion on top, its hard wall on top.

I think x2800H supports Dolby atmos : https://www.denon.com/en-us/product/av-receivers/avr-x2800h/300610-new.html
There are Floorstanding speakers that come with an additional atmos module. These are upwards-firing and reflect the sound off the ceiling to generate that effect. I guess the Denon would support such a speaker too. Alternately you could place the speakers a bit (2-3 feet) above the screen level (called Height or presence speakers instead of ceiling.

For atmos setup, you need to put 2 ceiling speakers, right ?
I cannot do that,as I don't have cushion on top, its hard wall on top.

I think x2800H supports Dolby atmos : https://www.denon.com/en-us/product/av-receivers/avr-x2800h/300610-new.html
Atmos isn’t just about the height speakers - it’s a completely different sound recording and sound reproduction paradigm that makes the experience more immersive. That’s how you have Dolby Atmos music as well, 2-channel. In general Atmos enabled gear delivers a more immersive experience. You can have 2-channel Atmos, 5.1, 7.1, and also 3.1.2, 5.1.2 etc.

Atmos adds the ability to have an overhead "channel" ( though in Atmos parlance, the recording is "object" based with 127 objects allowed versus the original 7 channels ). While overhead speakers are a great addition, even without them you'll enjoy Atmos.

2700 also supports Atmos. I can't think of any AVR 2019 onwards that does not support Atmos.

It's a 7.2 system.

And PS5 games too.
Music is very little.

Go with pre out model. Which will be beneficial later when you need to add power amp

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back