Denon avr2310 with boston acoustic xs 5.1 and front boston a25

rammy

Is this combination is good for 7.1setup? What are the best settings for this combination.Addesy calibration is not giving correct output cause of i used sony adessy mic for calibration. Is it necessary same adessy mic has to be use ?
Let me know guys.
please help me out addesy equivalent settings.

speaker levels , cross over frequency and all.

Thanks in advance,
rammy

Hi

I am not sure if the same mic or different mic makes a difference. Generally Audyssey setup tends to give a poor report initially and hence you need to run it many times till you feel it is right. The speakers are fine....

You can also manually adjust the speaker levels, source levels to suit your needs and expectations....that's what I did for my Marantz....if there are EQ settings , adjust those too...

placement of speakers also plays an important role......read the manual for more details on optimal setup and then start tweaking ....

Is this combination is good for 7.1setup? What are the best settings for this combination.Addesy calibration is not giving correct output cause of i used sony adessy mic for calibration. Is it necessary same adessy mic has to be use ?
Let me know guys.
please help me out addesy equivalent settings.

speaker levels , cross over frequency and all.

Thanks in advance,
rammy

Addesy calibration is not giving correct output cause of i used sony adessy mic for calibration. Is it necessary same adessy mic has to be use? Absolutely. You have to use the Mic that comes with your model of receiver. The manual will have the details. Each mic is mapped to the receiver model.

You could use your mobile as a makeshift mic with a sound pressure app installed. Place the mobile in the main position and adjust the level of each speaker manually till you see 75db reading. Dont increase the level to over 80% of the level range. Set the volume of your receiver to 0dB while doing this.

For crossover start with setting the front satellites to 80-90hz, center to 120 - 150 and rear to 100-110.

Once you are done with doing this once, try it out and make adjustments as required.

In the mean time, try to hunt for the mic that comes with your receiver.

I did a comparison between Audyssey mic that comes with a Sony receiver and one that comes with my receiver. The difference was that the Sony mic would set the levels lower than the correct mic. Apart from that, everything else was more or less the same.

MaSh

Last edited:
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back