Denon bluray player lense needing replacement

Arvind Mathur

My Denon bluray player 1610, which was hitherto working perfectly alright for more than 10 years has stopped working. Shown to Profx Bangalore service centre who diagnosed that its lense is gone.
Can anybody help to locate alternate service centre in Bangalore who could replace the lense.
I am aware of the fact that this player is out of service and it is daunting task to locate it's spares. I have liked its performance over years and have huge library of bluray disks.

My Denon bluray player 1610, which was hitherto working perfectly alright for more than 10 years has stopped working. Shown to Profx Bangalore service centre who diagnosed that its lense is gone.
Can anybody help to locate alternate service centre in Bangalore who could replace the lense.
I am aware of the fact that this player is out of service and it is daunting task to locate it's spares. I have liked its performance over years and have huge library of bluray disks.
Oh man that's sad. It's close to impossible to find spares of players that are less than 5 years old. You could check on eBay if you have the part number of the lens.

Have you considered picking a new Bluray player ?

MaSh

You can write an email to Denon directly. They can arrange or suggest an option. Also some online sites ebay or other may have the matching lens.

I tried to order through Aliexpress but it says due to logistics issues, this item can't be shipped to your area.
Has Aliexpress stopped supplying to India
It's easier to buy a new one in India than trying to repair an old player.

MaSh

Well said but the quality of picture and sound of Denon bluray player has been phenomenal. New age players are good but not so good to topple legendary players.
Agree. None of the modern components are made how they used to be. But then things fail and it's very tough to get parts even for new players leave alone old ones.

Pro fx is of no help? They are not able to source it?

MaSh

I tried to order through Aliexpress but it says due to logistics issues, this item can't be shipped to your area.
Has Aliexpress stopped supplying to India?
Yes, they have. Nowadays I order my stuff to Singapore and then someone coming to India gives them to me

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back