DENON Owners thread

I had purchased a Denon X 2000 few months back and could not open or start it since interior works are still in progress.

But i had opened it yesterday and tried to play some MP3 songs from a USB.

I had connected speakers(POlk Tsi 300's) to Surround Back L & R and selected Zone 2 and source as IPOD/USB.

But I do not see any signs of the AVR playing any files from the USB.

I have the following queries:

1. DO we need to connect the X 2000 to any TV or Projector and see the menu on screen and operate? I thought I can operate the X 2000 like any other amplifier?

2. I tried with copying the files to the root directory of the USB but it still did not play.

Am I missing something inthe operation. I had reviewed the manual but could not find anything missing.

Can anyone of you operate and provide feedback?

Operate in Zone 2. I did not operate and check on main zone since all my speaker setup is still not complete.

Last edited:
Ordered the Denon x2000 and the Paradigm 9 series speakers with it !! waited since a month to be delivered!! Ordered it from Fairdeal Mumbai!:eek:

I had purchased a Denon X 2000 few months back and could not open or start it since interior works are still in progress.

But i had opened it yesterday and tried to play some MP3 songs from a USB.

I had connected speakers(POlk Tsi 300's) to Surround Back L & R and selected Zone 2 and source as IPOD/USB.

But I do not see any signs of the AVR playing any files from the USB.

I have the following queries:

1. DO we need to connect the X 2000 to any TV or Projector and see the menu on screen and operate? I thought I can operate the X 2000 like any other amplifier?

2. I tried with copying the files to the root directory of the USB but it still did not play.

Am I missing something inthe operation. I had reviewed the manual but could not find anything missing.

Can anyone of you operate and provide feedback?

Operate in Zone 2. I did not operate and check on main zone since all my speaker setup is still not complete.

Try FAT partition.

I bought Denon AVR 1612 in June 2012 at Bangalore. I shifted to Delhi in Dec 2013 and have been using it since then. Around a month back the system is not getting switched on either through remote or direct switch. I could find anyone to service the system. Could someone inform me who to get in touch with?

I have got a Denon 1713 AVR, but looking out for 5.1 channel speakers. Can anyone suggest good speakers in the range of 50k to 60k. Looking for brands like Wharfedale / polk/ KEF/ Kliscph/ boston.....

Thanks in advance.

I bought Denon AVR 1612 in June 2012 at Bangalore. I shifted to Delhi in Dec 2013 and have been using it since then. Around a month back the system is not getting switched on either through remote or direct switch. I could find anyone to service the system. Could someone inform me who to get in touch with?

Is the power button led blinking? Did you try resetting the microprocessor? For servicing you can contact ProFX. If the hdmi board needs replacement then better buy a new AVR. A new hdmi board replacement costs 15K, I was told.

Try FAT partition.

I had formatted the USB again with FAT32 and tried but it still refuses the files.

I had requested another member in this thread 'thraindew' having x2000 to check. Probably he will revert back.

Surprisingly other than ProFx for service issues I do not find any contact details to contact Denon other than Denon Singapore

ok I have checked this.. You have to press Zone2 on the remote and then press the power button once to 'turn on' Zone2. If you press the power button again, it turns off Zone2 and then Main+power button again to turn off the AVR. :rolleyes::)

I had formatted the USB again with FAT32 and tried but it still refuses the files.

I had requested another member in this thread 'thraindew' having x2000 to check. Probably he will revert back.

Surprisingly other than ProFx for service issues I do not find any contact details to contact Denon other than Denon Singapore

Last edited:
ok I have checked this.. You have to press Zone2 on the remote and then press the power button once to 'turn on' Zone2. If you press the power button again, it turns off Zone2 and then Main+power button again to turn off the AVR. :rolleyes::)

Thanks for the feedback. I am on tour and will check with your instructions on Saturday

I recently purchased Denon AVR X1000

I am usually not impressed with stereo capabilities of AVR receivers.

at least for now X1000 also looks same, while i play MP3 over "AirPlay" not impressed with quality.

Need to try directly playing the MP3 or playing a CD and check it out

I had checked playing the files as you had directed but could not play it.

So I changed to main zone and it started reading/playing the files from USB.

Today I had the chance to walk into Pro-FX and so I posed the question of the USB playing from Zone 2.

They informed that the X 2000 cannot play digital files from Zone 2. It can only be played from Main Zone.

In addition whatever is being played on Main zone can be relayed to Zone 2. ie you can play USB files from Main zone and the same can be played by relaying to zone 2. Zone 2 by itself cannot play USB files but it can play radio or any other analog signals.

But in X 3000 - Zone 2 can play digital files standalone. This is one of the other difference in X 3000 in addition to the the extra sub woofer output.

The above is correct because I had sent a mail on the asia pacific Denon support - and I received a cryptic reply advising me to play it from main zone. They did not give the above reason that it cannot be played from Zone 2.
Pro FX informed that these minor variations are not known much to most of the dealers.

ok, but I think the Main zone was turned off..co'z when I played, the sound was only from the zone2 speakers. But I will try it again tomorrow and update.

The stereo performance is very good with MP3 are played directly by USB, but its pathetic when played by AirPlay. Definitely avoid Airplay.

Same problem with X1000. No usb playback :(

As mentioned earlier in this thread - you should play the USB in main zone(In X 1000 the default is main zone!) select USB/IPOD button on remote as source and it takes a few seconds to read the files us the arrow buttons and enter to select the song to play

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back