DENON Owners thread

They informed that the X 2000 cannot play digital files from Zone 2. It can only be played from Main Zone.

Zone 2 by itself cannot play USB files but it can play radio or any other analog signals.

After more testing today, I can confirm what was told to you above is false. My Main Zone is OFF and I can play songs directly from Zone 2. However, the display on Zone 2 shows only volume +- changes. But all other buttons, i.e previous/next/mute still work, but just wont show up in the display.
If you have a TV connected though, its pretty straight forward as playing through Main Zone. You should be able to see the display and just work off Zone 2. Since you do not have a TV, try to keep only files (songs) and no folders in the USB drive (for checking, easier as zero navigation). Connect it and switch on Zone 2 with Main Zone off and just press Enter on the remote. It should play the file.

IMG_5546_zps274ce6ee.jpg

IMG_5547_zps32eb0933.jpg

After searching for few receivers to power my sonodyne 2605 floorstanders i came across denon 2113 . I Know this is a discontinued model and also the showroom display piece which was hardly used and in good condition . Comes with denon 1 year warranty and extended 2 year warranty from the showroom. I am getting it for Rs 29500 , is this a good deal ? Please reply fellow denon users !

That is a good price for denon 2113, you will never know though how much it was used since it is a display piece. Do test all functions before buying. The one good thing is that you are getting a 3 yr warranty at no extra cost.

After searching for few receivers to power my sonodyne 2605 floorstanders i came across denon 2113 . I Know this is a discontinued model and also the showroom display piece which was hardly used and in good condition . Comes with denon 1 year warranty and extended 2 year warranty from the showroom. I am getting it for Rs 29500 , is this a good deal ? Please reply fellow denon users !

+1 it is a great deal indeed.even if you buy new piece you will get only one year warranty i suppose.

@canchi and subbubusk thanks for the reply . I am going forward with the deal . Also the price is Rs29.5k + Rs1800 for 2 year extended warranty which would be provided by reliance digital and not denon, i doubt how effective it would be !
Can anyone give pointers to what all functions should i check ? Also has anyone paired it with the sonodyne 2605 , how would it fair .

I recently got a Denon 2313 + KEF Q-series 5.1 speakers package from ProFx Bangalore at 25% discount. It took me a month to tinker around with speaker placement and Audyssey to get the results I like. HDMI CEC also gave me some frustration with my old Sony Bravia where occasionally sound will only come from the TV speakers! Turning off HDMI Control got around this problem.

Dear Denon Owners,

I recently got Denon X1000 (replaced my Yamaha rxv-471). When I try running "Last FM" I am getting a message "not supported in your country". But I notice that last fm is supported via internet in india, I wonder why I am not able to connect via AVR.

I have a few questions, if FMs can help me:

1. Post Audyssey set up, my Sub is boomy when keeping Dynamic Eq "on". I tried manual setting and kept all levels to Zero except surrounds, which were -4.5 and -3 even with YPAO. The sound is better, I can match it with my Yamaha AVR. Do others feel the same boominess with Dynamic EQ?

2. Is Denon Remote control a "Universal remote ? (My Yamaha remote was able to synch with my Bluray player)

3. My TV (Sony EX-650) has ARC, and I can enjoy YouTube vdos with sound coming from AVR, Why I can not see Denon GUI in this mode to adjust sound ?

4. Do we have any Poll or Inputs to know what most Denon owners prefer (With Dynamic EQ or Manual EQ ?)

Here are my first experiences with the AVR "http://www.hifivision.com/surround-amplifiers-receivers/50567-replaced-2-yr-old-yammy-471-denon-x1000.html"

Regards
Slash

Last edited:
Dynamic eq makes sound bright, instead use reference offset 5 for classicals, 10 and 15 for others and 0 for movies. Manual eq is better than audessey in low end avr's.

Is your SW level set to Zero too? My SW is the same as your's and its not boomy at all. I have it set at -6.

Only X4000's remote is universal.

1. Post Audyssey set up, my Sub is boomy when keeping Dynamic Eq "on". I tried manual setting and kept all levels to Zero except surrounds, which were -4.5 and -3 even with YPAO. The sound is better, I can match it with my Yamaha AVR. Do others feel the same boominess with Dynamic EQ?

2. Is Denon Remote control a "Universal remote ? (My Yamaha remote was able to synch with my Bluray player)

Dear Denon Owners,

I like the results with all the auto stuff (except MultEQ of course) turned off: Dynamic EQ - off, Dynamic Volume - off, Restorer - off.

Mine is -12. I had kept sub vol. 75% while running audyssey. I'll run it again with 50% that is 12 o' clock position. I must agree that at low volume Dynamic EQ really provide benefits. For now i have turned down master vol on sub. Sounds okey.

Hello guys can u people suggest me to go for which avr for a 7.1 set up,confused to choose between denon or Onkyo ,polk 440 floor standing speakers tsx220b,tsx220b,subwoofer 550

X-1000 :: Sibilance and harshenss from center channel on some DTS 96/24 material.
Is it a Bug? Played concert "Queen - Rock Montreal" the center channel's output is harsh in top end.

Can someone help me planing for Dali Zensor7 setup for AV part someone suggest a right av
As per the dealer X2000 is right choice but feel like going with Marantz sr 6007.:confused:

Pl help or besides any other suitable brand.

Can someone help me planing for Dali Zensor7 setup for AV part someone suggest a right av
As per the dealer X2000 is right choice but feel like going with Marantz sr 6007.:confused:

poppy, I have been using the X2000 withe the Zensor 7 floor standing speakers. There will be no problem running this Zensor 7 with X2000. Can't comment anything about Marantz, since there is no dealer in Kolkata for Marantz and it can't be auditioned. What about your other speakers/components? Are you going for stereo only or 5.1/7.1 setup.

poppy, I have been using the X2000 withe the Zensor 7 floor standing speakers. There will be no problem running this Zensor 7 with X2000. Can't comment anything about Marantz, since there is no dealer in Kolkata for Marantz and it can't be auditioned. What about your other speakers/components? Are you going for stereo only or 5.1/7.1 setup.

Thanks chief actually I am looking for 5.1 liked Dali zensor 7 and Brower & Wilkinson 600 series.

Thanks chief actually I am looking for 5.1 liked Dali zensor 7 and Brower & Wilkinson 600 series.

You can go for different brands for surround and SUB rather than going all with DALI or B&W. You can save a good amount. Also you can get a good sub in this price point.

Hi,

I have a small issue for which I need advise from users of HiMedia 900b.

In the menu - "settings>Audio>Hd Audio Core output" If I select the 7.1 core only then I am facing probelm of the audio missing or the video not proceeding and sluggish when I run HD 7.1 video files (MKV format). If I disable the 7.1 and enable 5.1 core only then the HD video could be played and the audio is restored.

Did any users of HiMedia 900B play HD audio 7.1 video files in this mode?

Am I selecting wrong options or it needs a update?

Thank you in advance

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back