DENON Owners thread

Hello Members,

Planning to buy X1200 with Dali Z3 and Velodyne Impact 10 for an initial 2.1 setup, will add surround and center later.

Need suggestions in following :-

- Is the combination good enough?
- Is there a possibility to connect an amp (Marantz PM6005) to denon X1200 for a dedicated stereo setup?

Guidance much appreciated

Hello Members,

Planning to buy X1200 with Dali Z3 and Velodyne Impact 10 for an initial 2.1 setup, will add surround and center later.

- Is there a possibility to connect an amp (Marantz PM6005) to denon X1200 for a dedicated stereo setup?

I heard that Velodyne Impact 10 is discontinued ahead of the launch of Impact Mark II series.

I heard that Velodyne Impact 10 is discontinued ahead of the launch of Impact Mark II series.

True, but guess HTstore bangalore has some inventory of Impact 10 available.
However, Impact 12 is out of stock.

Asking price 31K for Impact 10

Any idea about the price point of Mark II series?

Last edited:
True, but guess HTstore bangalore has some inventory of Impact 10 available.
However, Impact 12 is out of stock.

Asking price 31K for Impact 10
wait until the launch of Mark 2 , The dealers I contacted say that the price of Mark 2 will be same as Mark 1.

Thanks VRavichandar. I have audition Wharfdale Diamond 240 with Marantz AVR and quite happy with the performance but later came to know that speakers are having 4 ohm nominal impedance. So little confused about pairing with my Denon AVR 2113 as it is rated for 6-16 ohm. Please FM help me in this regard. Also Wharfdale Diamond 230 is 2&1/2 way and 3 driver unit where as Diamond 240 is full 3 way with 4 driver unit, price difference is about 20k. Is 20 k justified for sound quality.( Already audition both Diamond 240 goes little deeper in low end and have more clear/detail midrange)

Sent from my Le X507 using Tapatalk

Hello Members,

Dear FMs,

Any thoughts ?

Pm6005 with Zensor 3 will give a good performance for stereo setup. X1200 don't have any preout .how u will connect pm6005 with x1200.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

I have heard Dali Z3 and its really good bookshelf no doubt. I own a Impact 10 & i would say its superb.

Any specific reason your looking at x1200? why not Marantz NR1506 / 1606 (i.e Atmos if that is your criteria). On paper Marantz looks bit lacking in power, however i would say Marantz has upper hand when it comes to delivering it in actual. i bet many would agree to this point.

Both x1200 or Marantz NR1506 / 1606 has pre-out options hence i don't see any issues in getting a PM6005 connected for Stereo.

Cheers,
Binu AP
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LG 42" Plasma | Marantz PM6005 | AJ FS52 | Velodyne Impact 10 | Panasonic dmp bdt220

RajithKumar;717601 X1200 don't have any preout .how u will connect pm6005 with x1200. Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE said:
Hello Rajith,

Exactly thats my concern here and want to seek help.

How is dali pairing with Denon musically?

Guess u are using Marantz PM6005 for stereo setup?

Last edited:
I have heard Dali Z3 and its really good bookshelf no doubt. I own a Impact 10 & i would say its superb.

Any specific reason your looking at x1200? why not Marantz NR1506 / 1606 (i.e Atmos if that is your criteria). On paper Marantz looks bit lacking in power, however i would say Marantz has upper hand when it comes to delivering it in actual. i bet many would agree to this point.

Both x1200 or Marantz NR1506 / 1606 has pre-out options hence i don't see any issues in getting a PM6005 connected for Stereo.

Cheers,
Binu AP
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LG 42" Plasma | Marantz PM6005 | AJ FS52 | Velodyne Impact 10 | Panasonic dmp bdt220

Hello Apbinu,

Thanks for the feedback on Z3 and Impact 10, Really helpful.

- Reason for X1200 is greater WPC over marantz but more importantly, at 65K NR1606 (hifimart price) is a bit out of budget. Hence initially want to go with this setup with intention to add an amp later for dedicated stereo setup.
- Also want to complete a full fledged 5.1 with time. Will 50 WPC (NR106) be able to drive wharfie/POLK FS/DALI Z5 effeciently ?
- Any idea on a better price for NR1606? Any other AVR at 45K which will go well with Dali Z3?

Hello Apbinu,

- Also want to complete a full fledged 5.1 with time. Will 50 WPC (NR106) be able to drive wharfie/POLK FS/DALI Z5 effeciently ?

undoubtedly & it will drive it beautifully. as i said don't go with the paper figures. I own a PM6005 45W-60W @8-4ohms pc which is paired with AJ FS52 @ 6ohms which is 130W & i don't have to crank up the vol more than 9 o'clock to get average listening :eek:hyeah:

- Any idea on a better price for NR1606? Any other AVR at 45K which will go well with Dali Z3?

Other options which you can look for is Yamaha feature loaded minus Atmos. I have heard Yamaha RX-V477 paired with Dali Z3 & its excellent. however Yamaha is bit on the bright side for me. Hence you can audition it at thomsun yamaha / profx & then decide. PM you on NR1606 details.

Cheers,
Binu AP

i want to buy the Denon Avrx520bt in mumbai, anyone know where i can buy it from? also what is the market price for this receiver?

Thanks.

Hello fellow denoners, I bought Denon x2300w and joined the club :)

I am running dual displays from my PC, one to monitor via DVI(it doesn't have HDMI) and another to TV via NVIDIA GFX card HDMI.

When I am using only monitor, I have to duplicate display to send audio via AVR with TV OFF.

Intel HDMI has an option to allow audio even when TV is switched off, I could not found anything such setting on NVIDIA GFX Card.

Any suggestion ?

Recently got the Denon x3300.. I checked for any firmware updates if any, but the AVR was already updated with Dts X..

Firmware Version : 8500-0765-9113
DTS Version - 3.90.35.00

Could someone confirm if this the latest version..

Recently got the Denon x3300.. I checked for any firmware updates if any, but the AVR was already updated with Dts X..

DTS Version - 3.90.35.00

Congratulations. Post a review soon.

DTS Version - 3.90.35.00

Congratulations, please post your review soon.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back