DENON Owners thread

Dear elangoas, have you compared Denon x3300 with Marantz SR 5011. Which other brands you have audition and compare with Denon. Which things you like in Denon for purchase. Please share.

Sent from my Le X507 using Tapatalk

Dear elangoas, have you compared Denon x3300 with Marantz SR 5011.

Hi rpmahale, Nope.. Denon x 3300 has a capable room correction than the Marantz SR5011.

Which other brands you have audition and compare with Denon.

I didn't audition any brands of AVR. Picked the Denon x3300 since it had Audyssey Platinum suite.

Which things you like in Denon for purchase. Please share.

For now only Denon & Marantz have Audyssey... Of the two, Marantz is very expensive..So dropped it of the list..

I liked the Denon x 3300, because of Audyssey Multi EQ XT32 which has the capability of EQ dual subs independently, dual HDMI Outputs and also the attacking sound signature of Denon in general..

Hi rpmahale, Nope.. Denon x 3300 has a capable room correction than the Marantz SR5011.

I didn't audition any brands of AVR. Picked the Denon x3300 since it had Audyssey Platinum suite.

For now only Denon & Marantz have Audyssey... Of the two, Marantz is very expensive..So dropped it of the list..

I liked the Denon x 3300, because of Audyssey Multi EQ XT32 which has the capability of EQ dual subs independently, dual HDMI Outputs and also the attacking sound signature of Denon in general..

Cool, Which one you'll chose if both X3300 and SR5011 are around same price??

Though I am a fan of my Marantz Stereo AMP, that Audyssey Multi EQ XT32 is dragging me towards DENON X3300..:rolleyes:

My next purchase is Denon AVR x3300. I like Marantz SR6011 but is expensive. Compare Marantz SR6011 with SR5011, but SR6011 is way ahead of SR5011. So decided to compare Denon x3300 with SR5011. Not yet audition x3300. Just gathering information to take decision.

A message popped up about a firmware update on my Denon X1200W AVR. Just for info. I'm yet to update - busy with work. Quick check on Denon website - no info about what the update is for.

Last edited:
Can anybody compare the audio quality btwn x2300 and 3300 in 2 channel stereo mode? I found the 2300 a bit lean with the zensor 3. Will the 3300 be meatier at average listening volume? Pls help me out. Am not bothered about audyssey 32 ! Just stereo. Or will changing to wharfedale 230 FS help?

Has anyone updated X1200 - there is a new firmware update that claims to provide better stability and performance. Estimated time is 12 minutes. I will get some free time only this weekend.

I have audition Denon x2300 with BA A360 and I found them to be little week in low end. Entire sound stage was a bit lean. I have also audition Marantz SR6011 with KEF Q900 at same place and combo sound fuller and deeper. Sound stage was lot bigger than Denon/BA set. I own Denon AVR 2113 and BA A360. Compare to x2300 , AVR2113 is bolder and powerful in low end whereas lacks subtle details in high end. Have audition AVR x3300 with Monitor Audio MR6 and combo sound better than BA/x2300 and BA/2113 but not as good as SR6011/Q900. But as a speaker BA A360 definately sound better than MA MR6 ( Both have almost similar low end extension but BA A360 are more clear and detailed than MA MR6 in mid to high end)

Updated my X1200W with the latest firmware. Update went without a hitch. I felt the Dolby Digital channels on my Airtel sound a bit louder. Browsing through internet radio a bit slow. At last denon updated the page with release notes and the changes I felt are not even listed :)

Last updated:- 04/07/2017

4400-9380-4064

Firmware vers: 4400-9380-4064 :) DZ17-042, AVRX1200WBKE2, AVRX1200WBKE2GB)

The next song set to Cue does not automatically play even if the customer plays
Spotify Connect and then sets the next song to Cue.
1) Playback the one song.
2) Add the next song to Que.
3) The playback of music stops after finishing Playback of 1st title.
The symptom is a problem that the next song set to Cue does not automatically
play.

Last edited:
Help from Any 3300 user???? For stereo music ... x3300 - just 2 channels. What settings would be better? Find it a bit lean and mids not punchy enough with audyssey. No matter what i do with the settings. Should i reset my device and do a manual setup.? Pls help me. If i am not happy. I may have to sell it. My fronts are wharfedale 230s

Help from Any 3300 user???? For stereo music ... x3300 - just 2 channels. What settings would be better? Find it a bit lean and mids not punchy enough with audyssey. No matter what i do with the settings. Should i reset my device and do a manual setup.? Pls help me. If i am not happy. I may have to sell it. My fronts are wharfedale 230s

Check the crossover settings if you have a sub. It is really important to do bass management. If your sub is integrated well with your main speakers then you should b able to the punch you are looking for.

What is the sub you are using?

You can try using Pure Direct/Direct mode.. This will play the content without any Audyssey processing and will treat your fronts as large..

Hi All,

I am looking forward to build a Home theater system, this would be my first Home theater ever. I plan to built it gradually because money is a problem. I am planning to start with just the bookshelves first, and then gradually built a system. I would be using this system for like 60% music, 30% DTH, 10% movies.

For bookshelves i have finalized on a pair of ELAC B6. And it would be a 2.0 setup for around a year or so, after which i plan to add a sub and maybe another year later i plan to add some FS and Center, which is when i will use my Elac B6 as surrounds.

-Which brings up the next question this forum. I am looking at X1400H to be the centerpiece, which i intend to buy from Norway next month, when i would be visiting there. Thinking about short term, would x1400h be aptly powerful to drive these speakers. Does this looks like a good combo / starting point to start my new system.

Can you guys suggest some other good alternatives?

my Denon remote ir-1184 for x3000 amp (2013 model) suddenly gave away.
Any body has a spare one to sell? - or poiinters to repair the existing one?
it just stopped working- not dropped/ not ill treated nothing.
i am in bangalore/ whitefield area

my Denon remote ir-1184 for x3000 amp (2013 model) suddenly gave away.
Any body has a spare one to sell? - or poiinters to repair the existing one?
it just stopped working- not dropped/ not ill treated nothing.
i am in bangalore/ whitefield area

Feel sorry for what has happened..Take it to service center and get an estimate..If there is need to replace Hdmi board, refrain from doing that..

If in warranty go to the service centre otherwise a good clean up of contacts on the MCB does the trick. Also you can turn the camera on a android phone and press the buttons on the remote to see if it is actually responding before opening it up.

-They want 3600rs for a new remote . I think it is a bit on the higher side and was looking for options..
I have a harmony 650, but it is not handy- nothing like the OEM remote.
Will keep looking at this thread in the hope that some one will have a remote to sell/giveaway. :)

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back