DENON Owners thread

Hi,
Is it advisable to buy Denon AVR from amazon.com? X2300W is around $900 and X3300W is around $1000 so considerable saving.
I assume their will be no warranty also a step down coneverter will be needed.

is it worth or wait for better offers from local dealer?
You will have to also calculate shipping + customs duty which Amazon will automatically calculate when you update your shipping location/address to India, unless of course you have someone hand carry it for you from the US. Also you'll need a step down transformer to run the 110v ones from the US, which I think costs around 1.5-2k.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

You will have to also calculate shipping + customs duty which Amazon will automatically calculate when you update your shipping location/address to India, unless of course you have someone hand carry it for you from the US. Also you'll need a step down transformer to run the 110v ones from the US, which I think costs around 1.5-2k.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

The price quoted is including customs and shipping.
how relaible are step down converters? There are some that I saw on amazon.in 6-7k and above.

Hi folks, recently bought an X3300W and thought I'd share my experience here. All comparisons are to my previous AVR which was a Denon 2311:

Like:
- Sound signature includes much more treble and clearer voices. Makes movies sound more theatre-like. Sound levels on my surrounds have gone up too. Turning up the volume on movies is more enjoyable now
- Music also sounds better. CDs are very similar but the compressed variety does sound louder and clearer - I listen to iTunes purchases through my phone and iPod
- AirPlay works like a charm. Haven't seen the interrupts and hiccups some owners have reported.
- Simplified remote (half of it is now just the source input buttons) and fewer setup options are good for most users
- Internet radio: not new in general but the sheer wealth of music I can listen to for free and at decent quality (many stations are AAC or 320 kbps) makes me smile.
- My (small set of) SACDs sound glorious! Earlier I was forced to listen to them either downmixed to stereo or with an artificial 5.1 sound created by the AVR since the 2311 didn't support DSD over HDMI. Last weekend I plonked in the 'Layla' SACD, switched the AVR to 'Pure Direct' and I swear I almost fell off...yes, the difference to 2 ch stereo IS that clearly audible.

Dislike:
- Bass signature is lighter than before. Part of it is that it is less boomy. I realised that excess rumbling is what I was enjoying earlier but recently heard an old CD where I can now hear the bass and snare drums more clearly - specifically the end note. The other part is that the bass is actually less weighty (the thump you feel) so am having to turn up the level on my sub. Perhaps it will improve after Audyssey?
- The setup UX is pathetic! It looks like something designed 15 years ago with large, monocolour font splashed across the screen in 4:3 aspect ratio! The 10 year old 2311 has better UX with thin white lines used for overlay and colors to denote key areas. Come on, Denon, spring for a UX designer!
- WiFi connection is extremely sensitive. Doesn't quickly reconnect if the power supply goes and we dropped the router the other day and it took me 2 restarts and a 5 minute power off of the AVR to reconnect when all other household devices just picked up the thread instantly
- Would have been nice to have a flip cover for the front inputs on the lower half of the AVR. Now that its all wireless, these will be rarely used and would have been easier to maintain with a cover.

Total cost: about 42K with a step-down converter. Bought on Amazon US and carried by a kind friend.

Happy to answer questions!

Hi folks, recently bought an X3300W and thought I'd share my experience here. All comparisons are to my previous AVR which was a Denon 2311:

Like:

- Sound signature includes much more treble and clearer voices. Makes movies sound more theatre-like. Sound levels on my surrounds have gone up too. Turning up the volume on movies is more enjoyable now

- Music also sounds better. CDs are very similar but the compressed variety does sound louder and clearer - I listen to iTunes purchases through my phone and iPod

- AirPlay works like a charm. Haven't seen the interrupts and hiccups some owners have reported.

- Simplified remote (half of it is now just the source input buttons) and fewer setup options are good for most users

- Internet radio: not new in general but the sheer wealth of music I can listen to for free and at decent quality (many stations are AAC or 320 kbps) makes me smile.

- My (small set of) SACDs sound glorious! Earlier I was forced to listen to them either downmixed to stereo or with an artificial 5.1 sound created by the AVR since the 2311 didn't support DSD over HDMI. Last weekend I plonked in the 'Layla' SACD, switched the AVR to 'Pure Direct' and I swear I almost fell off...yes, the difference to 2 ch stereo IS that clearly audible.

Dislike:

- Bass signature is lighter than before. Part of it is that it is less boomy. I realised that excess rumbling is what I was enjoying earlier but recently heard an old CD where I can now hear the bass and snare drums more clearly - specifically the end note. The other part is that the bass is actually less weighty (the thump you feel) so am having to turn up the level on my sub. Perhaps it will improve after Audyssey?

- The setup UX is pathetic! It looks like something designed 15 years ago with large, monocolour font splashed across the screen in 4:3 aspect ratio! The 10 year old 2311 has better UX with thin white lines used for overlay and colors to denote key areas. Come on, Denon, spring for a UX designer!

- WiFi connection is extremely sensitive. Doesn't quickly reconnect if the power supply goes and we dropped the router the other day and it took me 2 restarts and a 5 minute power off of the AVR to reconnect when all other household devices just picked up the thread instantly

- Would have been nice to have a flip cover for the front inputs on the lower half of the AVR. Now that its all wireless, these will be rarely used and would have been easier to maintain with a cover.

Total cost: about 42K with a step-down converter. Bought on Amazon US and carried by a kind friend.

Happy to answer questions!

Congratulations on your purchase and thanks for sharing the initial experience here.
I will also be in the market to upgrade from my 2309 and considering 3300 or 4300.
How is the experience so far with step down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@danccc I got the converter in India from a reference given here on HFV. The dealer is called Shah Electronics and the brand is called Maxine. Google and it'll turn up. Fantastic experience and it's just over 4K for a 1000W converter. No buzzing sounds no issues. Heavy duty, quality product.

I have denon 1300 with taga harmony 606 v3. I am less volume. I am putting 75 to 80 db in receiver. I did calibration also. Can you help how to sort out my receiver and connection perfect. Input is from Samsung tv ARC cable.

I have denon 1300 with taga harmony 606 v3. I am less volume. I am putting 75 to 80 db in receiver. I did calibration also. Can you help how to sort out my receiver and connection perfect. Input is from Samsung tv ARC cable.

Press "set up" on your AVR remote, get into Audio, then Audyssey and share the values here..

Also share your speaker settings, level, crossover over settings..

I have taga harmony 606 v3 with 5.0 setup.no subwoofer

Speaker configuration
------------------------------------
Front- large
All - small
No subwoofer

Distance
--------+-------------------
Front L - 3.12m
Front R - 3.33m
Center - 3.15m
Surround L- 1.02m
Surround R -1.08m

Levels
-------------------
FR -9.5db
FL-9.5db
Center - 8.5db
SL - 7.0db
SR - 6.0db

Crossover
-----------------------
Front Full band
Center 60Hz
Surround 110Hz

Amp assign - surround back

Audyssey
---------------------
MultEQ XT - reference
Dynamic EQ- off
Dynamic volume - off

Amp assign - surround back

Hope you have set surround back as "None" in speaker settings before you did the calibration..

Audyssey
MultEQ XT - reference

You should have Flat/reference values.. Use either of these..

Dynamic EQ- off

Switch the Dynamic EQ on, and select values "0" from the list of 0,5,10,15..

Dynamic volume - off

Enable D.Vol and you should have Light/medium/heavy as filter values.. Choose light..

Try engaging one feature at a time and notice for improvement..

You can boost the source volume up to +12db. settings>input>sourcelevel

After increasing source volume it is fine. I am wondering why volume is low.

Without the Input Gain whats the volume on a db volume scale? If you are at or under 0dB and the volume is fairly loud you are good. If not, then try doing an auto setup after check on speaker placement. Try avoiding setting the Input Gain to anything over half of the available range. Leaving is 0 is ideal, but its okay to increase till half of available range.

MaSh

Thanks..i will change speakers position and check. I am taking input from tv using arc. Will it cause low volume?

No i connected videocon dth. Its volume also same level

Increasing the source level is advised by Denon when there is a variance in volume between different sources. But in reality I found it better to increase source level for all sources for a comfortable sound output at < 40% volume. But my case is kind of different as I have an impedance and power rating mismatch between my speakers.

In my observation as of now when i am using ARC from TV i have to increase volume 80db in denon the same movie when i playing through laptop 65db is sufficient. May be there are some settings to change in Samsung tv.

I have taga 606 v3 all speakers are 6 oms impedance.

Last edited:
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back