DENON Owners thread

I cannot thank you more for suggesting this MaSh, looks like the rear left speaker cable did go bad, I don't how and what reason. I removed all the cables and inserted one by one. When inserting just the fronts, the AVR did not trip, there was a sigh of slight relief as it, in all probability meant, no internal fault. Then i added center, then sub, then rear right and the moment I added rear left, AVR tripped. I replaced the speaker cable, the next day, and all went well. Boy oh Boy I was relieved. The thought of Internal fault had left me broken ....lol ..... Anyway thanks for pushing me to try this out.:):)
I am not convinced if you go thru your earlier posts you stated at the initial stage you tried all the possibilities like removing cables and one by one connecting and the same did not helped after which you tries the same thing it worked !!! How come possible .Good you are convinced.
Only concern is how this problem can report during/after update?

[emoji41]

I am not convinced if you go thru your earlier posts you stated at the initial stage you tried all the possibilities like removing cables and one by one connecting and the same did not helped after which you tries the same thing it worked !!! How come possible .Good you are convinced.
Only concern is how this problem can report during/after update?

[emoji41]

Yes I did remove all the cables, cleaned the terminals, cleaned the avr, cleaned the cable endpoints, BUT I connected all the cables back in one go, which obviously didnt help. I hadnt done the one by one thingi...:). Thats the reason I posted below if you see my posts ....

yes this I have not done, as I mentioned will try this, remove all speakers and then see if it goes in protective mode .... give a couple of days ... will report ....

hey guys,
got the denon avrx2300 some time back. Wanted to know if its safe to update the firmware online or is usb update safer & better? how do you guys update your denon avrs?

Thanks.

hey guys,
got the denon avrx2300 some time back. Wanted to know if its safe to update the firmware online or is usb update safer & better? how do you guys update your denon avrs? Thanks.

I did it thru online (BSNL :eek:hyeah:).. If you have even faster connection, you can do it online..

I did it thru online (BSNL :eek:hyeah:).. If you have even faster connection, you can do it online..

hmmn, read about some issues people faced when doing online update. The marantz/denon dealer here said not to update online & only do it by usb. So wanted to know if owners here do it online?

hmmn, read about some issues people faced when doing online update. The marantz/denon dealer here said not to update online & only do it by usb. So wanted to know if owners here do it online?

My AVR came with Dts X updated.. So not sure what the firmware update was in my system..

If it is Dts X update & you are skeptical abt it, download it & update thru USB..

If it is some other firmware update, you can do it online.. no worries...

hey guys,
got the denon avrx2300 some time back. Wanted to know if its safe to update the firmware online or is usb update safer & better? how do you guys update your denon avrs?

Thanks.
You can do it online or USB that does not matter only if you have stable internet Connectivity.

hey guys,

Thanks.

I have updated mine avr-x1400h online, no problem issues faced.

I have a Denon 1400 AVR. It is housed in a cabinet. My Bluetooth reception sucks at even 4 mtr distance. As per KEI who are the distributors of DENON the AVR should not be in a cabinet and that is the reason of poor Bluetooth reception. Is that true? I can't keep the AVR out in the open.... Thoughts please....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Denon 1400 AVR. It is housed in a cabinet. My Bluetooth reception sucks at even 4 mtr distance. As per KEI who are the distributors of DENON the AVR should not be in a cabinet and that is the reason of poor Bluetooth reception. Is that true? I can't keep the AVR out in the open.... Thoughts please....

Any AVR should not be placed inside cabinet, at least not when it's ON.
AVR requires ventilation from all side.

Also Denon 1400h does not have any cooling fan to pull cool air from outside.

Putting AVR in cabinet will affect on Bluetooth range also.

Buy main worry point is heating of AVR.

If you can post some images would able to help you with some suggestion.

It may be because the AVR requires ventilation to avoid excessive heat .

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

I'm using the same model with an Open style, well ventilated cabinet and facing no issues with the Bluetooth signal. So maybe there is some weight to the theory after all. Thanks.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Hi All,
I was using Pioneer VSX 416 (DTS/DD) for the last 6-7 years and have been pretty happy with it. I just got a Denon 1611 (Dolby HD/DTS HD Master) from my friend and hooked up that to my Jamo S406 speakers (5 of them) and Jamo 250 sub. Overall Denon looks to be better than the Pioneer with softer (that's the way I like) music and better surround feel for movies. But the volume seems to be too low for Denon. With Pioneer, when I turn up to about -26 to 24 dB it was loud enough. But with Denon even with -10db I am not getting that punch and loudness especially for movies. Very much obvious with scenes from "Avatar". Any thoughts here?
One thing I can remember is that, with Pioneer I had changed the impedance from default 8 to 6 ohms as the Jamo speakers are 6 ohms. Is there a need to do that with Denon? I couldn't find any way to change Denon's impedance from its manual.

Hi All,
I was using Pioneer VSX 416 (DTS/DD) for the last 6-7 years and have been pretty happy with it. I just got a Denon 1611 (Dolby HD/DTS HD Master) from my friend and hooked up that to my Jamo S406 speakers (5 of them) and Jamo 250 sub. Overall Denon looks to be better than the Pioneer with softer (that's the way I like) music and better surround feel for movies. But the volume seems to be too low for Denon. With Pioneer, when I turn up to about -26 to 24 dB it was loud enough. But with Denon even with -10db I am not getting that punch and loudness especially for movies. Very much obvious with scenes from "Avatar". Any thoughts here?
One thing I can remember is that, with Pioneer I had changed the impedance from default 8 to 6 ohms as the Jamo speakers are 6 ohms. Is there a need to do that with Denon? I couldn't find any way to change Denon's impedance from its manual.

Did you run audyssey setup ?

IF not recommend to do that first.

If you have already done it, check your speaker levels in manual setup.

Did you run audyssey setup ?

IF not recommend to do that first.

If you have already done it, check your speaker levels in manual setup.

No. I directly did manual setup, keeping the Centre and the Surrounds a little higher and not changing other channeld. Will try Audyssey.

Did audyssey and then manual fine tuning..Looks good now..Thank you all for suggestions.

Oh thats great. Yes all receivers are different, sound different, perform better at different volumes. Manually fine tuning gets them more closer to what our ears like. :thumbsup:

MaSh

Hi All,

I'm starting this thread just for the following reasons..

To discuss the news,updates ,prices & reviews of the Denon new products (particularly AVR's)

To discuss the pros & cons of the products..

To know the nearest point of the product availability & dealers details.

To share service of Denon dealers & service centers...

Thanks in advance..

Rajith

Meh, Im afraid to say that Denons glory days were the 1970s and since then (with a few exceptions in the 80s and 90s) they produce crap. I have a 1978 Denon PMA 600 dual mono amplifier which is the real deal - its as sweet sounding as a tube amp. Any other vintage aficionados out there who know what real gear is? :
c34f133e34204d7b75265f7d937d20a5.jpg

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back