DENON Owners thread

My setup is like below. Mi box to denon 1300 to TV.
What i observed is after switching of avr with remote still mi box is connected to tv. ( What i expected is blank screen on tv). Surprisingly with out avr power on mi box is working.

Is it correct behaviour or any issue with my setup?

Please help me.

My setup is like below. Mi box to denon 1300 to TV.
What i observed is after switching of avr with remote still mi box is connected to tv. ( What i expected is blank screen on tv). Surprisingly with out avr power on mi box is working.

Is it correct behaviour or any issue with my setup?

Please help me.

Yes.. It is correct function..I think you have HDMI standby passthru enabled, which is why you see your mi box on TV.. You can always turn off the feature...

But keeping it enabled always is good.. Juz incase, you dont want to use AVR, sound is routed to TV automatically..

Yes.. It is correct function..I think you have HDMI standby passthru enabled, which is why you see your mi box on TV.. You can always turn off the feature...

But keeping it enabled always is good.. Juz incase, you dont want to use AVR, sound is routed to TV automatically..
Thank you elangoas. Now i am relaxed.

Thank you elangoas. Now i am relaxed.

Hi, I had a cable TV set top box connected to Denon through HDMI and i could listen to the TV Audio through the amplifier. After 5-6 months i realised that now whenever i switch to audio through the amplifier the TV screen goes blank, no audio and also the set top box does not respond. It hangs. Anybody have experienced this?

Hi, I had a cable TV set top box connected to Denon through HDMI and i could listen to the TV Audio through the amplifier. After 5-6 months i realised that now whenever i switch to audio through the amplifier the TV screen goes blank, no audio and also the set top box does not respond. It hangs. Anybody have experienced this?

Weird one.. May be faulty HDMI cable? Please have it checked..I have been using Videocon STB connected to Onkyo / Denon AVR, never faced this issue..

Try to connect your cable TV STB directly to TV HDMI port and confirm if it is working fine..

Most likely the HDMI board is gone. This is very common these days. And the idiotic companies charge quite a premium.

Any Denon 7200 AW owners in forum? Would like to know your opinion on the same.
I know that 7200AW uses same DAC as Marantz flagship processor but would like to know the performance.Test Bench
result shows good power rating than Anthem and most of the AVRs but want to know about sound quality.
Confused between Denon 7200AW flagship model (may be last year) and Anthem 720.
Thanks.

I know that 7200AW uses same DAC as Marantz flagship processor but would like to know the performance.Test Bench
result shows good power rating than Anthem and most of the AVRs but want to know about sound quality.
Thanks.
New flagship is the X8500H launched during CES this year
https://usa.denon.com/us/product/hometheater/receivers/avrx8500h

Thanks.
I have not heard x7200 personally ,but have heard Anthem MRX 720 . Anthem are at different level (Both in price and sound quality) . U may need to decide based on the number of channels usage also .coz MRX720 has only 7 channels ,and can be extendable upto 11.2 using external power amps.Their Anthem Room correction(ARC) has top notch reviews.But I found difficult in their Graphical user display which is very good in Denon.
Anthem has a clean and refined power and the sound is neutral in my opinion.

Overall Denon will be all round performer and have good features for the price u r paying .In addition u dont require additional power amps in case if u r planning for only 9 channels.(extendable upto 11.2 using external power amps).U get additional feature of Auro3d decoder & Auromatic upmixer(paid upgrade) which is not available in Anthem. x7200 was the falgship for the past 2 years,so it should have good build quality too. Being a user of Denon ,the sound should be warm

How big is your room?
The power difference -Denon has 150 watts per channel (8 ohms) where as Anthem has 140 watts per channel ( 8 ohms) ,This should not make much big difference in db as per my opinion.

Best is to have an audition and decide.U may need to consider the best matching Speakers for both.
Good hunting.

I have not heard x7200 personally ,but have heard Anthem MRX 720 . Anthem are at different level (Both in price and sound quality) . U may need to decide based on the number of channels usage also .coz MRX720 has only 7 channels ,and can be extendable upto 11.2 using external power amps.Their Anthem Room correction(ARC) has top notch reviews.But I found difficult in their Graphical user display which is very good in Denon.
Anthem has a clean and refined power and the sound is neutral in my opinion.

Overall Denon will be all round performer and have good features for the price u r paying .In addition u dont require additional power amps in case if u r planning for only 9 channels.(extendable upto 11.2 using external power amps).U get additional feature of Auro3d decoder & Auromatic upmixer(paid upgrade) which is not available in Anthem. x7200 was the falgship for the past 2 years,so it should have good build quality too. Being a user of Denon ,the sound should be warm

How big is your room?
The power difference -Denon has 150 watts per channel (8 ohms) where as Anthem has 140 watts per channel ( 8 ohms) ,This should not make much big difference in db as per my opinion.

Best is to have an audition and decide.U may need to consider the best matching Speakers for both.
Good hunting.

Hi RajithKumar,

Thanks for your detailed reply. I was using Anthem 510 before and I was happy with the performance.
Now I moved to US and I am buliding it from scratch. Now how many channels will I have , I really dont know. FOr start it will be two quality towers.
At the max I will go to 5.2, I live in an apartment so that is the max.

7200AW was top end model till last year now a new model has come and due to this it is available at a good price.
It uses the same Dac used in flagship Marantz processor and bench test results show better power and distortion than Anthem.
It is made in Japan and has 3 year warranty and at a good price, it is tempting.
As you said best to audition and buy which is bit difficult as this model availability is less now since it is a 2015 model.
I can buy and return it if it is not good by paying shipping. I want to know if any one has compared it side by side.
Anthem room correction is much better I know.
There is also another AVR from Arcam 850 ( super expensive) which came in to the equation.
The hunt is on.

Anthem make good AVR and it is not mass market AVR and a technician said Anthem build quality is much better than Denon.
Denon has made really good flagship models long back ( model 5308 around 6000$ I guess).
Cannot blame Denon because the cost of entry level Denon AVR is also less and market
demand for less expensive AVR is more. Anthem in general dont focus on features but on sound quality.

Since 7200AW a flagship model I want to know from users about the performance. New flagship model has
same power and uses same DAC.

Anthem make good AVR and it is not mass market AVR and a technician said Anthem build quality is much better than Denon.
Denon has made really good flagship models long back ( model 5308 around 6000$ I guess).
Cannot blame Denon because the cost of entry level Denon AVR is also less and market
demand for less expensive AVR is more. Anthem in general dont focus on features but on sound quality.

Since 7200AW a flagship model I want to know from users about the performance. New flagship model has
Have heard Arcam Integrated amp not their AVR .Arcam, Anthem are high end ones which delivers clean refined power and focuses on sound and build quality rather than features.

Anthem is even better then Marantz. Anthem rated at 100wpc for stereo vs Marantz 5012 series whcih is rated the same will blow away the Marantz out of the water. The thing is Anthem is expensive & has very less features. They concentrate more on hight quality components like Power supply & chip quality, the result of the sound makes you feel its double the power of marantz/denon comparable to the same WPC rating.
I have a denon avrx2300 at the moment but my next avr is anthem for sure. Saving up for it :)

I was using Anthem before,if you have higher budget try Arcam but very very expensive.
Arcam power consumption for 850 model is 1.5kW. Dont want to deviate from topic.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back