DENON Owners thread

Firmware update available for X1200W. Changelog not available yet. Waiting to read changelog before updating.

If you are happy with the receiver and dont come across any bugs, you can stay away from the upgrade, unless and until there is something really Big added in the upgrade.

MaSh

If you are happy with the receiver and dont come across any bugs, you can stay away from the upgrade, unless and until there is something really Big added in the upgrade.

MaSh
agreed, specially denon/marantz are known to have issues if the upgrade doesn't go smooth.

agreed, specially denon/marantz are known to have issues if the upgrade doesn't go smooth.

Yes, I think we have a couple reported on this forum itself. My Marantz too keeps reminding me of an update, which I happily ignore.

MaSh

Firmware update available for X1200W. Changelog not available yet. Waiting to read changelog before updating.
Updated -holding my breath! Went smoothly. Yet to see the promised difference.
[1) Improvement of DTS:X recognition and processing with specific discs
2) Dolby (Atmos) improvements
3) Other bugfixes and stability improvements]

Hello
I have a Denon AVC 1530, the issue with it is that there : 1) no sound 2) protect mode used to come on 3) now the display too is not working, can you pls suggest a good technician in MUMBAI who can fix it at a reasonable price .. thanks

Hi friends

I seek your valuable help regarding to purchase a Denon AVR. Right now I’m having a Denon AVR 100, which is a very old one, I purchased this almost 15 years back from Dubai. Still it’s working well with minor issues. Now I came to US to be with my son for a short visit. I wish to buy one Denon AVR . I don’t know much about this and also my budget is very less. I mostly watch movies and listen less music. I expect your suggestions to purchase one. My budget is less than 300$. Hope your valuable help.

Hi friends

I seek your valuable help regarding to purchase a Denon AVR. Right now I’m having a Denon AVR 100, which is a very old one, I purchased this almost 15 years back from Dubai. Still it’s working well with minor issues. Now I came to US to be with my son for a short visit. I wish to buy one Denon AVR . I don’t know much about this and also my budget is very less. I mostly watch movies and listen less music. I expect your suggestions to purchase one. My budget is less than 300$. Hope your valuable help.
Denon x540BT
Or grab a used -Like new x2300w, available on amazon.com for 310$
I would grab the second option if i were you.

How to manage 110v to 220v? What we need to buy? Either to buy from here or to buy from India itself?

In India we get 220V. If buying there, try to look for global warranty or atleast India warranty.

MaSh

Hi Mash.
Price wise here it’s very cheap compared to price in India. Do power converter help us to solve the problems.? I don’t think Global warranty or Indian warranty work out. Once I bought a product from Dubai. The said it has a global warranty but it didn’t work out in India.

Hi Mash.
Price wise here it’s very cheap compared to price in India. Do power converter help us to solve the problems.? I don’t think Global warranty or Indian warranty work out. Once I bought a product from Dubai. The said it has a global warranty but it didn’t work out in India.

Yes power converter does the job, there are many members using such devices. However, if you can find a receiver with the converter built in, then its one headache less. If no warranty, then yes, better to choose a model popular in India so that you dont have issues with spares n case something goes wrong. The Denon X series and the Marantz SR series are really good.

MaSh

Yes power converter does the job, there are many members using such devices. However, if you can find a receiver with the converter built in, then its one headache less. If no warranty, then yes, better to choose a model popular in India so that you dont have issues with spares n case something goes wrong. The Denon X series and the Marantz SR series are really good.

MaSh
Hi MaSh
What about Onkyo TX sr 373 it’s compatible with 220V. Also suits my budget.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back