DENON Owners thread

If you bought it from Europe, see if the frequency is different from what's in India!
Thanks Murlidher!

The issue is about about the strength of the signal. I can hear the very low signal or sound with lot of static sound and more over the device auto-detect the channels with proper frequency number but the sound is not proper.

Firmware update available for X1200W. Changelog not available yet. Waiting to read changelog before updating.
I got a prompt for update and tried updating my x1200w Denon receiver over wifi but update did not go through. Now it keeps showing 'Connection Fail0E' and keeps trying to update on start. Although network diagnostic says internet is working fine. Initially it was not responding at all but after few tries, it atleast started working but that error remains. Hard resetting the system has not helped as well.

If I go through the menu and try updating the firmware, it says latest but with no date, and doesnt download anything.

Can someone please let me know what firmware is there on your system. I am in India so should I download latest firmware from uk site and try using pendrive? Firmware on my system is 4200-2411-4095. Which firmware would be the latest one?

Have you tried running a wire from the Balcony or a window facing out? You could also try installing an antenna on the roof and pulling a cable to the receiver, however, this comes with a risk of lightening strike.

MaSh

Weird thought but what about a tata sky single wire use as an antenna for FM reception.

I also received firmware update notification for my Denon AVR 2113. First I go through the changelog file and decided not to update as no major changes were indicated. On Denon firmware site input Model no and serial number you will get the changelog file.

I got a prompt for update and tried updating my x1200w Denon receiver over wifi but update did not go through. Now it keeps showing 'Connection Fail0E' and keeps trying to update on start. Although network diagnostic says internet is working fine. Initially it was not responding at all but after few tries, it atleast started working but that error remains. Hard resetting the system has not helped as well.

If I go through the menu and try updating the firmware, it says latest but with no date, and doesnt download anything.

Can someone please let me know what firmware is there on your system. I am in India so should I download latest firmware from uk site and try using pendrive? Firmware on my system is 4200-2411-4095. Which firmware would be the latest one?

Have you tried the steps listed here?
https://denon-uk.custhelp.com/app/a...e-/-upgrade-via-network-aborted-or-incomplete

Lol tried that with Airtel cable, it had interference for some reason. Give it a shot, might work for you.

MaSh
Thanks - will try that and update. So far didn't need this due to multiple sources (Internet radio, Prime music, Apple music etc.) already available. Besides, somehow I never liked the reception quality either in my Phillips radio or car stereo as compared to streaming.

Crap, you shouldn't update these avrs marantz/denon online especially through WIFI. Use the usb method next time always.
I always update my denon avr through usb & never online even though i got a 50mbps connection. Even with USB offline update it takes 20 mins as i feel the processor in these low/mid range avrs is freaking slow. If you got the US version x1200 then i dunno where to get the offline firmware.

If you have the indian/European one then go here- http://firmware.denon.eu/
Get the firmware for your model & try updating it, all the best.

Cheers.

Hard reset Denon AVR

You need to power on the AVR, then directly power off from the mains.

Then keep the Zone2 and Dimmer buttons pressed together and then switch on the mains power.

The front panel LCD will start blinking. Let it blink for 7-8 times and then release both the buttons simultaneously.

Regards,

Pushkaraj

Hi,

Any Denon AVR 2400 users here, Interested to know the Audio and Speaker settings you have . I have run audessy many times, some how i feel setting the audessy in "Reference" mode and is not giving brighter sound while listening music mostly from you tube. But one of my friends have a old yamaha receiver having a excellent sound for music. So, any thoughts ?

My auddessy setup returns all the speakers volume to ~3 to 0 and Atmos speaker at +3 . I have modified the speakers as "Small" and cross over at 80 for Left and Right, 250 for surround and atmos.

So, my only question is what setting i should have to achieve the bright music (More sharpness even in lesser volume). Also, tried manual setup of equalizer, but not upto the expectation :)
Cheers.

I have run audessy many times, some how i feel setting the audessy in "Reference" mode and is not giving brighter sound while listening music mostly from you tube

Try switching to "Flat" mode, disable Dynamic volume & Dynamic EQ.. See if you find any difference..

Hope the speakers levels are post calibration.. If so, you can leave it untouched..

Ok. Now I have downloaded Audyssey MultEQ Editor app, lets see if it helps :) again thanks for your detailed info in other thread on this app ;)

FM please share your experiences on switch from Marantz/Yamaha/Onkyo/Pioneer to Denon. This will help to Denon potential buyers...

I've tried numerous times to set up an aux output device like the Amazon Echo to my Denon X2200W using an Optical-Aux cable. Every time I end up giving up because I just cannot hear audio through my Denon receiver. I'm at my wit's end... Plz help. Here's a snapshot on my assigned inputs. I don't want to modify my HDMI 1 2 3 4 5. Rest everything I can tweak the way anyone suggests. IMG-20180723-WA0022.jpg

do you chose the right source input? have you tried another optical cable?
I have toggled through all inputs using the remote whilst plugging in the toslink in aux 1, and then again when the toslink is in aux 2. The same toslink cable works normally on a different audio setup that I have.

I have toggled through all inputs using the remote whilst plugging in the toslink in aux 1, and then again when the toslink is in aux 2. The same toslink cable works normally on a different audio setup that I have.
Try doing a factory reset of the avr, have you done any online firmware update?

Cheers.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back