DENON Owners thread

I am using Denon X3200 (USA model On a step down 110v Transformer)

There is only one major Issue-- My FM/AM does not work even after attaching the antenna

Pls help

I am using Denon X3200 (USA model On a step down 110v Transformer)

There is only one major Issue-- My FM/AM does not work even after attaching the antenna

Pls help
Stepdown transformer what make it is?May b it is creating some electro magnetic interference with your AVR RF section.If it is not working from the day one may be you can check with distribution box keeping your stepdown TFR bit far or if you have some pc which is running near to your AVR can also make due to low quality smps.
Just a clues may b you can try keeping bit far enuf and check.Trust you are in a place where u can get fm signals easily thru mobile phone and Antenna is connected in your AVR.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Yesterday purchased Denon x1400H and joined denon party :yahoo:

Now waiting for my wharfedale diamond dx-1se to arrive :)

Currently using it with Wharfedale Diamond 225.

X1200W firmware update

Yet another update available for Denon X1200W. Just saw it this morning. Its raining here. Power supply could be disrupted. So waiting for better weather!

friends I have x1000 using it for 3 years now. yesterday it suddenly started going in to "protective mode" you know just switches off, with the red light blinking continuously. And now even if I power it off and restart it, it goes in that mode within seconds, basically cannt be used like this ... .... I google and it says its protective mode and reasons it can go in to that is beyond my understanding, as I have not touched anything any connection for the last 3 years and its been working perfectly.

Anyone who has faced the same issue can shed some light as to how to tackle this ...

friends I have x1000 using it for 3 years now. yesterday it suddenly started going in to "protective mode" you know just switches off, with the red light blinking continuously. And now even if I power it off and restart it, it goes in that mode within seconds, basically cannt be used like this ... .... I google and it says its protective mode and reasons it can go in to that is beyond my understanding, as I have not touched anything any connection for the last 3 years and its been working perfectly.

Anyone who has faced the same issue can shed some light as to how to tackle this ...
Did you removed all speaker connections and checked?.Remove it from backside of the AVR and see

[emoji41]

^^ I disconnected and reconnected it, that didnt help. So shall I disconnect all the speakers and then play a movie and see. This only happens when I play a movie, else its ok.

Its strange that speakers could be the reason as I have not touched the connection in 3 years and it was working perfectly ...

^^ I disconnected and reconnected it, that didnt help. So shall I disconnect all the speakers and then play a movie and see. This only happens when I play a movie, else its ok.

Its strange that speakers could be the reason as I have not touched the connection in 3 years and it was working perfectly ...
Yes you have to proceed with that path keeping fingers crossed.
Without speaker use the system and see.
Later u try connecting one by one speakers and see.
Remember while removing and connecting your speaker AVR should be in "OFF" condition.
By proceeding this way you can identify the issue may be it is cos of external or internal.
If it is external we could make out which internal amp is loading.
If it is internal !! Then prepare your mind.
All the best.

[emoji41]

Additional info related to your issue(but slightly different)
May be it will land in this kind of issue

http://www.hifivision.com/showthread.php?t=68304

[emoji41]

Sometimes your speaker cables/Sleeves would have removed and bare wires touch each other and it is sensed by AVR as short and it will go to protect mode.Check for the joints in cable if any short between conductor

[emoji41]

Yes you have to proceed with that path keeping fingers crossed.
Without speaker use the system and see.
Later u try connecting one by one speakers and see.
Remember while removing and connecting your speaker AVR should be in "OFF" condition.
By proceeding this way you can identify the issue may be it is cos of external or internal.
If it is external we could make out which internal amp is loading.
If it is internal !! Then prepare your mind.
All the best.

[emoji41]

Ok will try that ... I seriously doubt its the speakers ..... its internal I guess and if it is I am going to hate DENON for the rest of my life .... ONKYO served me for 4 years without a glitch.

Additional info related to your issue(but slightly different)
May be it will land in this kind of issue

Yhy 196 - no rear channel soumd

[emoji41]

Naa this is not the issue as, I can hear the voice from all speakers when connected .....

Sometimes your speaker cables/Sleeves would have removed and bare wires touch each other and it is sensed by AVR as short and it will go to protect mode.Check for the joints in cable if any short between conductor

[emoji41]

This also cannot be the issue as this is the first thing I checked as suggested by google as well for protective mode troubleshooting .....

Did you try removing all input cables and speaker connections? Start with no input, no speaker connected, then Reconnect one by one and check at what stage it goes into protection. You could also reset the receiver before doing this.

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

^^ yes this I have not done, as I mentioned will try this, remove all speakers and then see if it goes in protective mode .... give a couple of days ... will report ....

^^ yes this I have not done, as I mentioned will try this, remove all speakers and then see if it goes in protective mode .... give a couple of days ... will report ....
Yeh remove the input cables too, to rule out any cable gone bad.

MaSh

Update crash on X2200W

Hi All, Have had a fantastic ride with the X2200W, but ...

Well, during the last update the electricity failed. The update got stuck at the verifying stage. So I reset. The system is now out of the update loop.

BUT, all higher codecs have gone - DTS-ES, DTSHD-MA, DTS:X, Atmos - none are working. Only core DTS and AC3 are available. However, DTS:X upmix IS working.

No update is shown as pending. Any suggestions?

Maybe, just maybe - I need to reflash the system - any suggestions on which version to flash? From which Denon site to download - US or EU or somewhere else? Any gotchas in the process?

TIA

Re: Update crash on X2200W

Well, during the last update the electricity failed. The update got stuck at the verifying stage. So I reset. The system is now out of the update loop.

BUT, all higher codecs have gone - DTS-ES, DTSHD-MA, DTS:X, Atmos - none are working. Only core DTS and AC3 are available. However, DTS:X upmix IS working.

Maybe, just maybe - I need to reflash the system - any suggestions on which version to flash? From which Denon site to download - US or EU or somewhere else? Any gotchas in the process?

TIA
Try Master reset it may help sometimes.
I feel your firmware is corrupted

[emoji41]

Re: Update crash on X2200W

TIA
Before proceeding Reset check for the update info page it will guide you the idea

[emoji41]

In my earlier post I had indicated that:

1) The update page shows NO update pending. The current version numbers are 4400-9380-4010 with DTS version as 3.90.35.00. If anyone can confirm these are the latest it would be a big help.

2) For the firmware to be reflashed, I had requested for some info - website to be used etc. Any input in that direction would be very useful.

TIA

In my earlier post I had indicated that:

1) The update page shows NO update pending. The current version numbers are 4400-9380-4010 with DTS version as 3.90.35.00. If anyone can confirm these are the latest it would be a big help.

2) For the firmware to be reflashed, I had requested for some info - website to be used etc. Any input in that direction would be very useful.

TIA

for the 110V version it has to be the us firmware and for the 220v it has to be the eu version.

go to Denon Firmware/Changelog Download and input your serial number and check if it gives you a downloadable firmware to be used on a usb stick

Did you try removing all input cables and speaker connections? Start with no input, no speaker connected, then Reconnect one by one and check at what stage it goes into protection. You could also reset the receiver before doing this.

MaSh

I cannot thank you more for suggesting this MaSh, looks like the rear left speaker cable did go bad, I don't how and what reason. I removed all the cables and inserted one by one. When inserting just the fronts, the AVR did not trip, there was a sigh of slight relief as it, in all probability meant, no internal fault. Then i added center, then sub, then rear right and the moment I added rear left, AVR tripped. I replaced the speaker cable, the next day, and all went well. Boy oh Boy I was relieved. The thought of Internal fault had left me broken ....lol ..... Anyway thanks for pushing me to try this out.:):)

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back