DENON Owners thread

IM on the verge of upgrading from my x2200w to the 4500. Very keen to know the difference in sound
It mainly depends on your set up. For example if you are on a 5.1.2 set up and use the same in 4500 your speaker will get more power and the Audyssey32 will do a better job In calibration as it’s a better version then the one in 2200. The real difference will be felt only wen you switch to 5.1.4 or a 5.2.4. The dual sub calibration will be better as in 4500 you get individual bass management for both subwoofers unlike the 2200 which only has a dual pre-out but manages both subwoofer as one and cannot calibrate them individually. In a 5.1 or a 5.1.2 set up still you will get a noticeable improvement for sure. All boils down to your speakers set up.

Last edited:
It mainly depends on your set up. For example if you are on a 5.1.2 set up and use the same in 4500 your speaker will get more power and the Audyssey32 will do a better job In calibration as it’s a better version then the one in 2200. The real difference will be felt only wen you switch to 5.1.4 or a 5.2.4. The dual sub calibration will be better as in 4500 you get individual bass management for both subwoofers unlike the 2200 which only has a dual pre-out but manages both subwoofer as one and cannot calibrate them individually. In a 5.1 or a 5.1.2 set up still you will get a noticeable improvement for sure. All boils down to your speakers set up.
Absolutely agree. Last night I initialized my 2200 and ran a fresh Audyssey calibration and there was so much difference in sound separation and depth wise. Although now I have to crank up the volume to about 70 to get what I used to get previously on say 40. Is this ok. Hope the amp wont get overloaded. Also the dialogue seems to have gotten low. Audyssey has calibrated my fronts and center to Large. Any changes suggested? I dont want to tweak too much and lose what I got now. I think ill tinker with the dialogue settings and also set the fronts and center to small as suggested by the pros. Im still on the edge of getting the 4500..lets see.

This is strange. You need to almost double volume means Audessey has decreased gain for almost all the frequencies. It should decrease gain for the offending frequencies only.

I would recommend you do manual calibration using a meter and setting your speakers to small and let the bass frequencies be handled by thrle sub. The theory is that speaker load gets reduced and they sound more free as now the sub frequency is send to the sub. I hope this helps.

I would recommend you do manual calibration using a meter and setting your speakers to small and let the bass frequencies be handled by thrle sub. The theory is that speaker load gets reduced and they sound more free as now the sub frequency is send to the sub. I hope this helps.

AFAIK Audessey and YPAO job is to

1. Equalize or flatten frequency response.
2. Room correction

Above method can be used to equalize frequency response but what about correcting room reflections?

YPAO do this beautifully in RXV 683.

Absolutely agree. Last night I initialized my 2200 and ran a fresh Audyssey calibration and there was so much difference in sound separation and depth wise. Although now I have to crank up the volume to about 70 to get what I used to get previously on say 40. Is this ok. Hope the amp wont get overloaded. Also the dialogue seems to have gotten low. Audyssey has calibrated my fronts and center to Large. Any changes suggested? I dont want to tweak too much and lose what I got now. I think ill tinker with the dialogue settings and also set the fronts and center to small as suggested by the pros. Im still on the edge of getting the 4500..lets see.
If you feel the dialogue sounds low you can try increasing the centre channel volume. Change the LCR to small and play with crossovers. At the end you need to like what you hear. And if large sounds good please continue using it in large. What matters is how you like it.

If you feel the dialogue sounds low you can try increasing the centre channel volume. Change the LCR to small and play with crossovers. At the end you need to like what you hear. And if large sounds good please continue using it in large. What matters is how you like it.
Thanks for that. I have a OT question. Can I connect the Denon Avr or for that matter any Avr to the Belkin power strip that I have or is it better directly to the wall. To be honest looks like I will be taking the plunge and going for an Anthem Avr. I don't want to use the same Denon power cord and want to use the original Anthem power cord but it will be difficult to connect it to my wall outlet. Would it be fine to connect the incoming Anthem to the Belkin power strip?

Thanks for that. I have a OT question. Can I connect the Denon Avr or for that matter any Avr to the Belkin power strip that I have or is it better directly to the wall. To be honest looks like I will be taking the plunge and going for an Anthem Avr. I don't want to use the same Denon power cord and want to use the original Anthem power cord but it will be difficult to connect it to my wall outlet. Would it be fine to connect the incoming Anthem to the Belkin power strip?
I connect my Denon avr and all my equipment to belkin power strip only. It comes with a surge protector and you can very well connect all your equipments to the belkin power strip.

Good morning all. I finally took the plunge and got the Anthem MRX 720. Couldn't be happier. Speakers have come alive. So much clarity and separation. Will do the Arc setup today and post my views on listening experience with movies music etc.

Good morning all. I finally took the plunge and got the Anthem MRX 720. Couldn't be happier. Speakers have come alive. So much clarity and separation. Will do the Arc setup today and post my views on listening experience with movies music etc.
Congrats... Very good selection, its a different league than Denon and Marantz line.

Hi Guys

I have Denon x4500H and I use Spotify Connect to play music. When I play using Spotify Connect, the display on the AVR shows "Spotify". When I open the front panel where there are more controls and press " Status" then I see the title of the track being played. I want to know how to do this from remote control is it possible in the first place instead of status button?

Thanks
Vivek

Good selection Congratulations Anthem gears are very good and have a clean refined neutral sound.Have heard very good things about ARC room calibration and latest version ARC genesis .Hope ur dealer does that for u..(It's not simple like Audyssey ).But one of the best room calibration software available in the market .

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back