DENON Owners thread

Can you contact the local electronic shop in your area? I am sure he will have it. :) Also carry the old one along for reference making sure that he gives the same exact fuse. Just remember if it blows again after replacement then you will have to get the AVR serviced as there could be something else wrong. Otherwise if it keeps working you are bloody lucky.

Can you contact the local electronic shop in your area? I am sure he will have it. :) Also carry the old one along for reference making sure that he gives the same exact fuse. Just remember if it blows again after replacement then you will have to get the AVR serviced as there could be something else wrong. Otherwise if it keeps working you are bloody lucky.

Hi, I tried with a new fuse but that didn't help. As soon as I switched it ON, heard the sound and OFF again. I then realized that the coil near to it had two black spots.. looks like it got burnt. Took it to USK and waiting for them to call me back.

Denon.jpg

Hi, I tried with a new fuse but that didn't help. As soon as I switched it ON, heard the sound and OFF again. I then realized that the coil near to it had two black spots.. looks like it got burnt. Took it to USK and waiting for them to call me back.

View attachment 38582
Bad luck mate. Looks like some component in your PSB. Let us hope that it is not too expensive......

Bad luck mate. Looks like some component in your PSB. Let us hope that it is not too expensive......
Hi Vinod, Finally got it fixed for 5500/-. Seems to be good now but I lost all the settings. I hardly hear any sound coming out of the speakers. I will try the Audyssey later to night but I don't remember what I had for the sub.

Hi Vinod, Finally got it fixed for 5500/-. Seems to be good now but I lost all the settings. I hardly hear any sound coming out of the speakers. I will try the Audyssey later to night but I don't remember what I had for the sub.
Hi Mands,
Rs 5500 sounds alright depends on what went wrong. Chances are the part was cheap. You got charged for service. Did he say what went wrong? Resetting your AVR once in a while is good. It gives your AVR and you a fresh start!

Hi friends I want to purchase Atmos speakers for ceiling present iam using denon avrx1500h with Tagaharmony speakers and subwoofer please suggest me

Hi friends I wanted to purchase Atmos speakers for ceiling my listing distance is 13 &9 feet iam using denon 1500h with Tagaharmony speakers 5.1 setup my budget is 20,000 please suggest me

I am upgrading from Pioneer Elite VSX 21TXH to Denon 3500H. One thing that struck me immediately was the dialogues. Denon is quite thin sounding over my decade old pioneer. Denon calibration is 100x better than Pioneer's. Especially on the Sub. Never knew my sub is so good. Quite great calibration. It is just the vocals that i would prefer bit more weight. I am wondering whether it is worth using Denon as preamp only and put in my Pioneer back as the amp. Or is there some tuning that i am missing? Anyone else had similar feel when upgrading from old school receivers?

Generally speaking and not being brand specific, old school receivers always seem to have more weight in the sound and dialogue department. Maybe the tuning of modern receivers has been tailored for the MP3 hearing, mobile phone music hearing and non appreciating audience who cannot make out the difference between good sound and a screech and who are more into features, features and more features?

This is something that I observed a long time ago. So I am sticking in to old school receivers as of now.

I guess it's the pre amp that decides the sound signature. IMO even if you use the Denon as pre only, nothing much is going to change.

I am upgrading from Pioneer Elite VSX 21TXH to Denon 3500H. One thing that struck me immediately was the dialogues. Denon is quite thin sounding over my decade old pioneer. Denon calibration is 100x better than Pioneer's. Especially on the Sub. Never knew my sub is so good. Quite great calibration. It is just the vocals that i would prefer bit more weight. I am wondering whether it is worth using Denon as preamp only and put in my Pioneer back as the amp. Or is there some tuning that i am missing? Anyone else had similar feel when upgrading from old school receivers?

Old is Gold! Thats a fact!

You can try some manual adjustments to get better vocals, refer to the Owners Manual for the same.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back