DENON Owners thread

Even I felt the same after switching from Yamaha to Denon but I still had the Yamaha avr with me so after a week of using the Denon I switched the Yamaha avr and tested few music tracks and the Denon felt way better. In pure direct mode the music should sound good. Also in the audio settings try enabling the restorer. If ur impressed with the content from Netflix and amazon wait till you watch blu ray contents.

I'll surely try and update.

Also suggest me whether front height speakers would be effective for atmos or not. I have already assigned then in my AVR but I guess it'll fire up only when I'll use atmos content.

I'll surely try and update.

Also suggest me whether front height speakers would be effective for atmos or not. I have already assigned then in my AVR but I guess it'll fire up only when I'll use atmos content.
Best position will be top but if you can’t fix them on top front heights will do but placement and angle is very important

Why 686 was rejected?
I got the Denon2600h in a steal deal (394 GBP vs Yamaha686@439gbp). Also taken review from ProFX kolkata & Yamaha house in kolkata ( both of them deals with Yamaha, denon, marantz etc) & all of them vouched for Denon. My decision was purely based on recommendations received from online reviews & retailers from UK & india, as couldn't get any demo yet.

Depends who the current distributor is & if they are willing to repair your unit. Distributors for Hi-Fi in India change every 3-5 years. Except for couple of brands :)
When an issue arise then try your luck, until then just enjoy the unit.

Cheers..
Thanks a lot Mate....Today i called 2 kolkata retailers ( ProFX & Yamaha house) & both agreed to provide service on charge basis....so fingers crossed.

Hello all,

I have shifted from Yamaha to Denon recently. Bought X2600H 7.2 AVR. I have observed that there is a remarkable difference while watching movies on Denon but I am highly disppointed with it's music capabilities when I compare to my erstwhile Yamaha RXV 473. I feel that I made a mistake rejecting Yamaha RX-V685. I have wharfedale 225 as fronts.

Earlier when I used to listen to them through my old 473, the music was clean, soothing, detailed and clean. When I had played Hotel California on my yamaha with wharfedale, it was like I am present in the live concert.

But when it comes Denon, I do not feel music is live. The sound is not clean and detailed. Bass is too heavy. I really do not understand which settings I have gone wrong with. I have tried both options by switching on Dynamic EQ and then turning it off and changing some settings with tone. But still somewhere it's missing. Tried adjusting chanel level adjustmens too. I generally listen to music in stereo mode with sound coming through fronts only

But I must compliment Denon when it comes to watching movies. Dialogues are super clear. Surrounds produce every little detail the movietrack has. And this is on netflix and prime video. I am sure I'll be blown away once I start playing those 20GB atmos & dts-HDMA movies which I have on my HDD. Full marks to Denon for movies.

So if someone could help me with music settings. I have tried running audessey as well. I feel Yamaha's YPAO fares better in calibration as it's quick, accurate and fast. Denon definitely has a better GUI.

I remember of taking two Denon AVR demos before purchasing Yamaha RXV 683. I found that Denon clarity was good but at the expense of slight distortion and weak bass response.

Initially I was not happy marriage of Yamaha 683 with Klipsch but after many trial and error method of speaker calibration, finally I found the sweet point. Now I'm super happy for movie and music also.

Conclusion: important : proper calibration

I remember of taking two Denon AVR demos before purchasing Yamaha RXV 683. I found that Denon clarity was good but at the expense of slight distortion and weak bass response.

Initially I was not happy marriage of Yamaha 683 with Klipsch but after many trial and error method of speaker calibration, finally I found the sweet point. Now I'm super happy for movie and music also.

Conclusion: important : proper calibration
Distortion in a Denon? Lol this is a Denon thread and don’t mistake me for saying this but we shouldn’t give misleading reviews. We al have our preference. You liking Yamaha over Denon is fine but saying Denon has distortion? If you look at the power ratings in the spec sheet, Yamaha THD is always higher then Denon and marantz.

Last edited:
Distortion in a Denon? Lol this is a Denon thread and don’t mistake me for saying this but we shouldn’t give misleading reviews. We al have our preference. You liking Yamaha over Denon is fine but saying Denon has distortion? If you look at the power ratings in the spec sheet Yamaha THD is always higher then Denon and marantz.

Cool down. Just telling my experience.

BTW- Majority of the distortion is due to DSP compared to power amp.

Cool down. Just telling my experience.

BTW- Majority of the distortion is due to DSP compared to power amp.
Hahah no way I am takin it serious to cool down. But distortion is something bad and no way Denon sounds distorted. Lot of members read the feedback in the owners thread and giving a wrong info will mislead any newbies during their purchase

Hahah no way I am takin it serious to cool down. But distortion is something bad and no way Denon sounds distorted. Lot of members read the feedback in the owners thread and giving a wrong info will mislead any newbies during their purchase
Are u working for Denon?

Are u working for Denon?
Is this some kind of a joke? What Love4sound said is correct. Giving misleading information will bear an effect on potential buyers who are sitting on the fence whether he is working for Denon or not. Many people come here to Hifivision platform to get genuine opinions and look up to the forum members many a time for deciding. Please help the forum and members. Also please maintain some decorum. Cheers.

Is this some kind of a joke? What Love4sound said is correct. Giving misleading information will bear an effect on potential buyers who are sitting on the fence whether he is working for Denon or not. Many people come here to Hifivision platform to get genuine opinions and look up to the forum members many a time for deciding. Please help the forum and members. Also please maintain some decorum. Cheers.
Hahaha a joke indeed :Dsome people just type anything in a public forum with no clarity in what they write hahah

Giving misleading information will bear an effect on potential buyers

Correct. All newbies should take actual trial of all brands before deciding even if particular brand is not available with dealer. Try different dealer. No body should purchase on verbal recommendations or hype.

Correct. All newbies should take actual trial of all brands before deciding even if particular brand is not available with dealer. Try different dealer. No body should purchase on verbal recommendations or hype.
Nobody is hyping anything here. Take time and go through the forum, you will be amazed how many happy Denon owners are here. Incidentally, I haven't owned a Denon till date nor I'm or was working for Denon. Let's move on. Thanks.

Well..my points as a neutral...

@ISO did mention in his first post that the important conclusion is to properly calibrate. Poor calibration can make things worse.

@ISO also mentioned about the distortion because of DSP.

Comment by @ISO about working for denon....this comment could have been avoided (my point of view) but i guess, it happened in the heat of the moment.

From my experience, since there is a lot of stuff going on during audyssey, there is equal chance of getting it wrong and messing something up during calibration. The reason why denon (or even marantz) may sound distorted or shrill, is not because of the amp, but because of the audyssey filters applied during calibration. This specially affects 2 channel listening, more so because audyssey calibrates all speakers for flat response including bass and with less bass, highs can sound shrill or distorted if audyssey applied wrong filters. Having said all this, a properly calibrated audyssey system will sound just fantastic without any distortion at any listening levels.

Be it Yamaha ypao or denon audyssey, key is to experiment with calibration continuously till we end up with a satisfied result. I am pretty sure everyone will agree that, no one gets the calibration done perfectly first time and it requires repeated efforts, time and definitely some patience.

To make the most of audyssey, tweaking via multieq editor app for supported avr's can make some positive difference.

Peace to all and cheers.
Siju

Hello all,

I have shifted from Yamaha to Denon recently. Bought X2600H 7.2 AVR. I have observed that there is a remarkable difference while watching movies on Denon but I am highly disppointed with it's music capabilities when I compare to my erstwhile Yamaha RXV 473. I feel that I made a mistake rejecting Yamaha RX-V685. I have wharfedale 225 as fronts.

Earlier when I used to listen to them through my old 473, the music was clean, soothing, detailed and clean. When I had played Hotel California on my yamaha with wharfedale, it was like I am present in the live concert.

But when it comes Denon, I do not feel music is live. The sound is not clean and detailed. Bass is too heavy. I really do not understand which settings I have gone wrong with. I have tried both options by switching on Dynamic EQ and then turning it off and changing some settings with tone. But still somewhere it's missing. Tried adjusting chanel level adjustmens too. I generally listen to music in stereo mode with sound coming through fronts only

But I must compliment Denon when it comes to watching movies. Dialogues are super clear. Surrounds produce every little detail the movietrack has. And this is on netflix and prime video. I am sure I'll be blown away once I start playing those 20GB atmos & dts-HDMA movies which I have on my HDD. Full marks to Denon for movies.

So if someone could help me with music settings. I have tried running audessey as well. I feel Yamaha's YPAO fares better in calibration as it's quick, accurate and fast. Denon definitely has a better GUI.
Are you watching content with or without audyssey engaged.
For music listening, do you engage your subwoofer.
If you find audyssey reference as bass heavy, try the audyssey flat settings.
Alternatively, you can try the dynamic eq reference level settings (5 or 10) depending on your taste.
If you are using audyssey off, try to tweak the eq bands. Keep the 125 and 250 hz band on lower side.
Another reason maybe that your subwoofer trim may be set a bit high.

Well..my points as a neutral...

@ISO did mention in his first post that the important conclusion is to properly calibrate. Poor calibration can make things worse.

@ISO also mentioned about the distortion because of DSP.

Comment by @ISO about working for denon....this comment could have been avoided (my point of view) but i guess, it happened in the heat of the moment.

From my experience, since there is a lot of stuff going on during audyssey, there is equal chance of getting it wrong and messing something up during calibration. The reason why denon (or even marantz) may sound distorted or shrill, is not because of the amp, but because of the audyssey filters applied during calibration. This specially affects 2 channel listening, more so because audyssey calibrates all speakers for flat response including bass and with less bass, highs can sound shrill or distorted if audyssey applied wrong filters. Having said all this, a properly calibrated audyssey system will sound just fantastic without any distortion at any listening levels.

Be it Yamaha ypao or denon audyssey, key is to experiment with calibration continuously till we end up with a satisfied result. I am pretty sure everyone will agree that, no one gets the calibration done perfectly first time and it requires repeated efforts, time and definitely some patience.

To make the most of audyssey, tweaking via multieq editor app for supported avr's can make some positive difference.

Peace to all and cheers.
Siju

This what I call decent communication.

Thank You.

Initially I was frustrated with Yamaha RXV 683. It was too much mid tone centric even after several attempts of YPAO. I was simply not happy with two channel stereo listening. But with proper mic placement I could achieve desire result. I have created seagate thread that might help other forum members.

This what I call decent communication.

Thank You.

Initially I was frustrated with Yamaha RXV 683. It was too much mid tone centric even after several attempts of YPAO. I was simply not happy with two channel stereo listening. But with proper mic placement I could achieve desire result. I have created seagate thread that might help other forum members.
The only person here not doing any decent communication here is you. I said Denon doesn’t have any distortion and it’s a misleading comment especially in a Denon thread. Making an insulting comment on me and asking if I work in Denon? And you talk about decent communication. If u still want to take up an argument DM me and not spoil this thread. And FYI I have owned Yamaha and two Denon so I can very well assure you that I know what I am talking

Alternatively, you can try the dynamic eq reference level settings (5 or 10) depending on your taste.
If you are using audyssey off, try to tweak the eq bands. Keep the 125 and 250 hz band on lower side.

That is very nice advice.

Additionally I found discussion that might help.

Pointwise

1. I have tried it both ways.

2. Yes, I do engage my subwoofer for music listening and it's volume set at 12'0 clock position.
3. I do not think i have those audessey flat settings in denon.
4. this seems a better option, shall try reference level settings
5. Again I have not found graphic eq settings in X2600H as the option is disabled.
6. I shall try subwoofer trim also but it does not mention specifically that it's a subwoofer trim

After love4sound mentioned me to try n listen the same in pure mode, i had tried and it was quite satisfactory.

Back