DENON Owners thread

I am upgrading from Pioneer Elite VSX 21TXH to Denon 3500H. One thing that struck me immediately was the dialogues. Denon is quite thin sounding over my decade old pioneer. Denon calibration is 100x better than Pioneer's. Especially on the Sub. Never knew my sub is so good. Quite great calibration. It is just the vocals that i would prefer bit more weight. I am wondering whether it is worth using Denon as preamp only and put in my Pioneer back as the amp. Or is there some tuning that i am missing? Anyone else had similar feel when upgrading from old school receivers?
Hello,
You can try by raising the centre channel trim level in your AVR by 1-2 db to make dialogues better. You can also try the dynamic volume (low), which makes the dialogue clearer at the cost of some dynamics, but it certainly helps for low bit rate content.

Also, even if you use the denon only as your preamp, the sound signature won't change drastically and you may not notice any difference at all.

Hi,

The FR channel on my AVR x2500H stopped working last night. I swapped the speakers and cables but the problem seems to be FR. Then did a factory reset but no use.
The preamp is working since I managed to connect the FR to my Rotel using a high low converter. Hence I am assuming its a power amp problem.
Any ideas how to trouble shoot this ?

Thanks

Hi,

The FR channel on my AVR x2500H stopped working last night. I swapped the speakers and cables but the problem seems to be FR. Then did a factory reset but no use.
The preamp is working since I managed to connect the FR to my Rotel using a high low converter. Hence I am assuming its a power amp problem.
Any ideas how to trouble shoot this ?

Thanks
Oh that's unfortunate. Was there a voltage fluctuation or something like that?

I would suggest you show it to a service guy and not finger around too much with the risk of damaging permanently.

MaSh

This thing may happened due to dust and moisture accumulation. You need to send to authorized service Center. They may clean the dust ,moisture, connectors, jumpers etc. will also apply anti rust solution . This is the safe and easiest way than experimenting with local solutions.

Oh that's unfortunate. Was there a voltage fluctuation or something like that?

I would suggest you show it to a service guy and not finger around too much with the risk of damaging permanently.

MaSh
Couple of years back I experienced a similar problem in the FL channel of my Marantz AVR. Had got it repaired from MZ Audio in Bandra. They said that these things happen and needed in IC change. But you can never be sure what the real problem was. IC is a very generic term to use in most cases :)
In the case of the Marantz it happened after 1 year and in the case of Denon its happened in 6 months. Compared to Denon and Marantz, I find my Pioneer to be very sturdy. It runs also quite cool compared to both these- probably due to class D amplification.

Compared to Denon and Marantz, I find my Pioneer to be very sturdy. It runs also quite cool compared to both these- probably due to class D amplification.
I think Yamaha is most reliable and pioneer lx can be second to it.Dust, moisture and demanding speakers can be the cause of early failure of AVR. Keep them covered with cloth/ Plastic/ Paper after it cools down.

I personally think that the older models of most companies were and more reliable than the new fangled AVRs. Nothing to do with brand names. Frankly I think the HDMI is one of the main AVR failure nowadays.

I personally think that the older models of most companies were and more reliable than the new fangled AVRs. Nothing to do with brand names.
Yes could be or may be heat causes damage since these AVRs run hot - may be the reason why class d runs better .

Hey guys
Need some help here...I have a denon avr 2113. On pressing power, it starts up for 2 seconds then switches off and a red light starts blinking rapidly. Also it does not reset as per the procedure in the manual. The surprising thing is that on trying the power button 3-4 times it switches on and starts working normally. From my past experience, it’s not overheating as it happens on startup plus the blinking is rapid. Also nothing changed in my setup so a speaker wire being short looks less probable. I know its going into protection mode but what is triggering it? Maybe DC current flowing through somewhere???
For background purposes, I would like to inform that the center channel output stopped working on the avr a few months back. Since then I plugged the center speaker to surround back and have been using it in multi channel mode. I visited Pro fx service in Nehru place, Delhi for this but could not resolve the issue. Any referral regarding a technician who can have a look in south Delhi would also be welcome.Would like to avoid Pro Fx.
Any idea what could be the cause?

Hey guys
Need some help here...I have a denon avr 2113. On pressing power, it starts up for 2 seconds then switches off and a red light starts blinking rapidly. Also it does not reset as per the procedure in the manual. The surprising thing is that on trying the power button 3-4 times it switches on and starts working normally. From my past experience, it’s not overheating as it happens on startup plus the blinking is rapid. Also nothing changed in my setup so a speaker wire being short looks less probable. I know its going into protection mode but what is triggering it? Maybe DC current flowing through somewhere???
For background purposes, I would like to inform that the center channel output stopped working on the avr a few months back. Since then I plugged the center speaker to surround back and have been using it in multi channel mode. I visited Pro fx service in Nehru place, Delhi for this but could not resolve the issue. Any referral regarding a technician who can have a look in south Delhi would also be welcome.Would like to avoid Pro Fx.
Any idea what could be the cause?
Answered this in the new thread you posted

I am trying to integrate a 2nd Subwoofer with my X1400H Denon receiver. It seems like the 2nd Sub is not recognized by the receiver. The manual says that the same signal flows to second connector, does this mean that audyssey would not recognize nor correct the signal to the 2nd Sub. I googled and noticed few audyssey screens where both subs were detected, am I missing something ?

I am trying to integrate a 2nd Subwoofer with my X1400H Denon receiver. It seems like the 2nd Sub is not recognized by the receiver. The manual says that the same signal flows to second connector, does this mean that audyssey would not recognize nor correct the signal to the 2nd Sub. I googled and noticed few audyssey screens where both subs were detected, am I missing something ?
Yes it’s a 7.1 avr and not 7.2.Refer the below thread

Hi...only x3xxx series and up have independent dual sub control.

For you, ideally you should gain match both your subs first and then run audyssey.

Yes it’s a 7.1 avr and not 7.2.Refer the below thread

Thanks Love4Sound, it's helpful.

Hi Folks,
Just bought Denon AVRX-2600H. Initially I was more inclined towards Yamaha (RXV585 or 686), but later going through detailed reviews, had finalized for Denon. Now looking for your suggestions on the speakers bundle. I already bought Cambridge Audio Minx min22 (2 nos ) as front R&L. About to finalize on remaining speakers to setup 5.1.2 Atmos.
Looking forward your suggestions for the Sub & remaining speakers ( including Dolby Atmos).

Also please suggest how is the service of Denon in india...is there an authorised service center in kolkata? Do they provide paid sevice for international purchase?

Also please suggest how is the service of Denon in india...is there an authorised service center in kolkata? Do they provide paid sevice for international purchase?
Depends who the current distributor is & if they are willing to repair your unit. Distributors for Hi-Fi in India change every 3-5 years. Except for couple of brands :)
When an issue arise then try your luck, until then just enjoy the unit.

Cheers..

Hello all,

I have shifted from Yamaha to Denon recently. Bought X2600H 7.2 AVR. I have observed that there is a remarkable difference while watching movies on Denon but I am highly disppointed with it's music capabilities when I compare to my erstwhile Yamaha RXV 473. I feel that I made a mistake rejecting Yamaha RX-V685. I have wharfedale 225 as fronts.

Earlier when I used to listen to them through my old 473, the music was clean, soothing, detailed and clean. When I had played Hotel California on my yamaha with wharfedale, it was like I am present in the live concert.

But when it comes Denon, I do not feel music is live. The sound is not clean and detailed. Bass is too heavy. I really do not understand which settings I have gone wrong with. I have tried both options by switching on Dynamic EQ and then turning it off and changing some settings with tone. But still somewhere it's missing. Tried adjusting chanel level adjustmens too. I generally listen to music in stereo mode with sound coming through fronts only

But I must compliment Denon when it comes to watching movies. Dialogues are super clear. Surrounds produce every little detail the movietrack has. And this is on netflix and prime video. I am sure I'll be blown away once I start playing those 20GB atmos & dts-HDMA movies which I have on my HDD. Full marks to Denon for movies.

So if someone could help me with music settings. I have tried running audessey as well. I feel Yamaha's YPAO fares better in calibration as it's quick, accurate and fast. Denon definitely has a better GUI.

Hello all,

I have shifted from Yamaha to Denon recently. Bought X2600H 7.2 AVR. I have observed that there is a remarkable difference while watching movies on Denon but I am highly disppointed with it's music capabilities when I compare to my erstwhile Yamaha RXV 473. I feel that I made a mistake rejecting Yamaha RX-V685. I have wharfedale 225 as fronts.

Earlier when I used to listen to them through my old 473, the music was clean, soothing, detailed and clean. When I had played Hotel California on my yamaha with wharfedale, it was like I am present in the live concert.

But when it comes Denon, I do not feel music is live. The sound is not clean and detailed. Bass is too heavy. I really do not understand which settings I have gone wrong with. I have tried both options by switching on Dynamic EQ and then turning it off and changing some settings with tone. But still somewhere it's missing. Tried adjusting chanel level adjustmens too. I generally listen to music in stereo mode with sound coming through fronts only

But I must compliment Denon when it comes to watching movies. Dialogues are super clear. Surrounds produce every little detail the movietrack has. And this is on netflix and prime video. I am sure I'll be blown away once I start playing those 20GB atmos & dts-HDMA movies which I have on my HDD. Full marks to Denon for movies.

So if someone could help me with music settings. I have tried running audessey as well. I feel Yamaha's YPAO fares better in calibration as it's quick, accurate and fast. Denon definitely has a better GUI.
Even I felt the same after switching from Yamaha to Denon but I still had the Yamaha avr with me so after a week of using the Denon I switched the Yamaha avr and tested few music tracks and the Denon felt way better. In pure direct mode the music should sound good. Also in the audio settings try enabling the restorer. If ur impressed with the content from Netflix and amazon wait till you watch blu ray contents.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back