DENON Owners thread

Hi,
Hello to all Denon owners here.
I have a query, it might sound silly though.

On the Denon 2600h, there are 2 pre outs for the Sub. Currently I'm just running a single bluerigger sub cable from one of the pre-outs to left input (marked as LFE) of the Sub.
Can I get another Sub cable and use the second pre out to the right input on my subwoofer?
Will there be any improvement on levels on the sub?

Can I get another Sub cable and use the second pre out to the right input on my subwoofer?
Will there be any improvement on levels on the sub?
AFAIK, the LFE (".1") channel is encoded as only one channel and the same signal is passed on in both the sub-outs of the AVR. You will not have any improvement by passing on both the sub-outs to a single sub. BTW, why don't you try and check it out? miracles do happen :)

AFAIK, the LFE (".1") channel is encoded as only one channel and the same signal is passed on in both the sub-outs of the AVR. You will not have any improvement by passing on both the sub-outs to a single sub. BTW, why don't you try and check it out? miracles do happen :)

Thanks for the explanation.
My assumptions were, even though the input signal would be the same on both the pre outs, there would be higher level in input since 2 pre outs are being used.
I definitely would give it try in future, but before that just wanted to check with experienced members here.

To Denon AVR owners,
I got to know about the Audyssey Multi EQ app from one of the FMs in this thread.

Surprising results from my Denon 1400H and Q Acoustics speakers after doing some tweaking through the app.
I was always wondering what was happening w.r.t sound quality, given that the QA speakers I've heard during auditions were amazing and they were sounding tinny in my living room.

I followed the pointers mentioned in this reddit thread.

The app, though badly rated for it's stability -- has some very nice features. You can have multiple sound profiles on your phone, tweak the EQ and transfer the settings to your AVR over WiFi. Pretty handy.

Thought I'll post here in-case it might come in handy for some of you. Check it out.
Cheers.

To Denon AVR owners,
I got to know about the Audyssey Multi EQ app from one of the FMs in this thread.

Surprising results from my Denon 1400H and Q Acoustics speakers after doing some tweaking through the app.
I was always wondering what was happening w.r.t sound quality, given that the QA speakers I've heard during auditions were amazing and they were sounding tinny in my living room.

The app, though badly rated for it's stability -- has some very nice features. You can have multiple sound profiles on your phone, tweak the EQ and transfer the settings to your AVR over WiFi. Pretty handy.

Thought I'll post here in-case it might come in handy for some of you. Check it out.
Cheers.
The reddit link seems broken.. Can you recheck pls

That is over price IMO. X2600 should be around 55 to 60k I guess. Check with Home Cinema - Bangalore too_Otherwise get X2400 which is available at hifimart for a lesser price.Though it's an older model their should not be any big difference in terms of performance.
What's the general discount for Denon AVR over MRP.
Can we expect ~30%?

To Denon AVR owners,

Cheers.
Am using the Audyssey app for my Denon x3400 and results r better than leaving it to avr,alone

Anyone bought x3600 or x4500 recently? Could someone share the prices?

Denon AVR X3600H was quoted under 90k to me in Bangalore. Didn't check the price of 4500H though. I went ahead with the 2600 for 54k due to budget constraints.
Let me know if you are looking for the 3600H I can PM you the contact details of the person. It will be with Invoice and warranty.

To Denon AVR owners,

Cheers.
Thanks for providing the link. Post the Audyssey calibrations were you able to spot the difference? I have a manual one (no app) and the ambient noise is making it so difficult to do Audyssey...

I have a manual one (no app) and the ambient noise is making it so difficult to do Audyssey...
The app doesn't help you in the calibration phase, you have do it with the given microphone and hook it up with the AVR... The app comes into the picture to tweak the audessy data post initial calibration and finetune the calibration... If ambient noise is an issue, do it at 5am or evn earlier in the morning, switch of all electrical equipment (refrigerator, fans, tube lights etc) while doing audessy.

Anybody knows the price of x1600h or x2600h in bangalore? Over the phone , dealers like HT Store, pro fx, jamsticks gave me a quotation that is too much(compared to hifimart) .
I am being quoted 55k for x1600h and 65K for x2600h. I am planning to buy either of these on saturday.
Saw a OLX add for 2600h for 49K in Bengaluru. Trying to get hold of him.

Folks: Careful about the most recent update from Denon - it seems to brick the network functionality. From denon uk website

01.07.2020: Issue after latest FW update

Denon got aware that some users have experienced an issue with network connection after a recent update. In case your AVR doesn’t reconnect to the network after the latest firmware update, please follow the instructions given here to recover your AVR.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and will inform you here, once this issue is solved.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back