DENON Owners thread

Not only two, but more than that
Having owned x3700 and used x1600 I would definitely put my money on x3700 everyday.

More channels!
More Power!
pre-outs! most important for HT if you plan to use more than 5 channels adding power amps open up the speakers more
Audyseey XT32 is far better than the one you get on entry level, do use the APP and not from the AVR itself.
IMAX enhanced, and trust me I loved watching movies in IMAX enhanced
I don't have space for more than 5.1.2, and all kf my movies will be OTT. Would you still recommend?

I am confused between the below Denon models for my first 5.1.2 HT.

- X1700H - 73k
- X3700H - 125k

X3700H will give me MultiEQ XT32 and more channels to either bi-amp the front speakers, or for a second zone in-ceiling speakers.

Is spending 52k (70%) more worth it for these two benefits?
125k for 3700 is costly, should be around 1.02 to 1.15l

I am confused between the below Denon models for my first 5.1.2 HT.

- X1700H - 73k
- X3700H - 125k

X3700H will give me MultiEQ XT32 and more channels to either bi-amp the front speakers, or for a second zone in-ceiling speakers.

Is spending 52k (70%) more worth it for these two benefits?
x1700 available for 71k on Amazon, you should certainly try to get a better rate offline

Denon AVR-X1700H - 7.2 Channel AV Receiver Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and iOS Siri Voice Control: Use Your Voice to Control The AVR-X1700H and Wireless Music Services Hands-Free https://amzn.eu/d/aA4UGqb

Forget the purchasing price. Think about future expenses. Whether it is Denon 1700 or 3700, receivers will last only 3 years. Your repair cost would be approx 40k for board change after that for 1700 itself. 3700 X might work out to 60 to 75k. And the EB units more powerful amplifiers suck will be almost 50% that of an AC. So go for entry level if you dont wish to spend yet another fortune in a few years and have to decide on whether to repair it or go for a new one. But if you want more power and pre-outs which will only matter for Netflix or Blurays, very less content available currently, you must just be a wise and not so reckless spender on this rabit hole trap.

Forget the purchasing price. Think about future expenses. Whether it is Denon 1700 or 3700, receivers will last only 3 years. Your repair cost would be approx 40k for board change after that for 1700 itself. 3700 X might work out to 60 to 75k. And the EB units more powerful amplifiers suck will be almost 50% that of an AC. So go for entry level if you dont wish to spend yet another fortune in a few years and have to decide on whether to repair it or go for a new one. But if you want more power and pre-outs which will only matter for Netflix or Blurays, very less content available currently, you must just be a wise and not so reckless spender on this rabit hole trap.
Don't completely agree with that. If you buy a good non HDMI receiver, they tend to last more than HDMI enabled ones. Mine has been living since 2004. Denon AVR 3803. Of course luck plays a huge part. I would recommend a older high end Non HDMI model to the newer ones any day. One does sacrifice features but gets better build quality instead.

Don't completely agree with that. If you buy a good non HDMI receiver, they tend to last more than HDMI enabled ones. Mine has been living since 2004. Denon AVR 3803. Of course luck plays a huge part. I would recommend a older high end Non HDMI model to the newer ones any day. One does sacrifice features but gets better build quality instead.
Yes optical toslink based older receivers lasted longer but buying them from pre owned is a gamble. They dont make non hdmi receivers anymore. I have a pioneer optical based receiver that i bought from olx advert that kicks ass modern receivers with just toslink.

Correct. It's only Dolby Digital.

Maybe it makes sense to check pre owned AVRs being sold by individual sellers over OLX or QUIKR or the sale section in this forum. There are good ones available which may suit your needs. You can use the same for sometime until you get something better over the next couple of years and sell this one off and get some money back. Most have taken the pre owned route in order to fulfill their AV needs. Right now all new models launched since 2020 or last year have sky rocketing prices. It maybe out of reach to get a good AVR which fulfills all your expectations in performance and features...thats where pre owned kicks in.

Entry level AVR with and 5.1 or 7.2 setup???? Most of them here have already crossed that, You comment here may for the new comers but not for the one who knows in depth of the AV segment and for not for those who don't want to compromise on the AV quality.

Entry level AVR with and 5.1 or 7.2 setup???? Most of them here have already crossed that, You comment here may for the new comers but not for the one who knows in depth of the AV segment and for not for those who don't want to compromise on the AV quality.
He is asking for his first 5.1.2 set up. If he spends more and it gets busted, there would be a huge regret. So it is better to go stage by stage.

In my opinion, always go for the best hardware that your current budget can get. Cos hi-end stuffs tend to last much longer than budget equipments.

Didnt want to open a new thread and hence asking here.

What is the current 2800H price in large cities in India? My wife and kids are going to UK and its 699 there. Not sure if they add tax to that. Unfortunately UK has not reinstated VAT refund. So if we assume sales Tax on this...we are looking at 75K landed cost assuming there are no customs hassles.

1700H is available for 549 and no customs hassles. Should I just go for 1700H instead as I am no audiophile.

Six months back I could not find such models on Amazon India site..but today I see 1700H for 70K and 2800H for 90K. I get 5% off Amazon. Is it fair to say that street cost of AVRs will be 10-15% less than Amazon prices?

Your comments will be greatly appreciated.

Didnt want to open a new thread and hence asking here.

What is the current 2800H price in large cities in India? My wife and kids are going to UK and its 699 there. Not sure if they add tax to that. Unfortunately UK has not reinstated VAT refund. So if we assume sales Tax on this...we are looking at 75K landed cost assuming there are no customs hassles.

1700H is available for 549 and no customs hassles. Should I just go for 1700H instead as I am no audiophile.

Six months back I could not find such models on Amazon India site..but today I see 1700H for 70K and 2800H for 90K. I get 5% off Amazon. Is it fair to say that street cost of AVRs will be 10-15% less than Amazon prices?

Your comments will be greatly appreciated.
Pro-FX price for 2800H is 144K, Amazon is cheaper 97K but I don't know about warranty/reliability etc.

Pro-FX price for 2800H is 144K, Amazon is cheaper 97K but I don't know about warranty/reliability etc.
Wow..what kind of margins do these guys make at ProFX? not sure how much will the amount come down on bargaining. But still something that costs 70K in an expensive country like UK. Even if you add customs and GST and all that...still difficult to justify any price over a lac. Am sure UK also levies customs and VAT. Which means imported cost before taxes and duties is around 40-45K which may be same for India as well.

There is a spring budget in UK on 15 march 23. I hope they reinstate the VAT refund back as retailers there have been requesting as well.

Hi,

I have a contact with ProFx and possible can arrange for 20-25% off on MRP.

DM me, will share his contact details.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back