DENON Owners thread

I have a old Denon 1713 AVR which is not powering on . I suspect a power supply failure . Currently using it only for stereo .
Can anyone suggest a good technician near Navi Mumbai or if something that i can do by myself .

I had started a new post earlier.... Posting it here as well to see if any denon owner in Bengaluru would be willing to kindly lend their audyssey calibration mic for a while . This is for Denon 1910 but I beleive a mic from any model around that time will work.. Pls do let me know thank yous-l400.jpg

Thread 'Denon 1910 - Calibration Mic needed in BLR'

T
I had started a new post earlier.... Posting it here as well to see if any denon owner in Bengaluru would be willing to kindly lend their audyssey calibration mic for a while . This is for Denon 1910 but I beleive a mic from any model around that time will work.. Pls do let me know thank youView attachment 72797

Thread 'Denon 1910 - Calibration Mic needed in BLR'

Try reaching out to local dealers in Bangalore. They might have a spare mic lying with them. You'll find lots of dealers on OLX.

MaSh

Oh no need for Audyssey Mike in the first place. Download a Sound Pressure Level app on your android phone and tune it manually. Will be more accurate and satisfying than any Audyssey set up. Unless we are talking about Trinnov levels here. :)

Oh no need for Audyssey Mike in the first place. Download a Sound Pressure Level app on your android phone and tune it manually. Will be more accurate and satisfying than any Audyssey set up. Unless we are talking about Trinnov levels here. :)
Can you please elaborate this process, i have denon X250bt which doesn't support any mic calibration.

But you will then need to connect the mobile to AVR through bluetooth, which will add its own delay. Not good for measurements. Audyssey estimates speaker distances by measuring sound delay.

Yes can set gain and distance manually to level the speakers. However using audyssey, a lot more can be accomplished. Once setup then it can be manually tweaked.

MaSh

hi,

I am using Denon DRA-800H Stereo Network Receiver, one day while I was removing the RCA cables, one of the adaptors fell on the speaker's banana plugs while the other was still attached to the receiver, and suddenly one sound with some spark came, and it stopped working, I can still see some lights coming out of the receiver, but it does not work. I don't know what to do with this thing now, I was using Wharfedale 11.1 speaker with this. Looking forward to your suggestions. It's out of warranty, and the seller suggested a service shop in Delhi.

Read interesting post regarding factory firmware reset

https://www.hifivision.com/threads/denon-avr-x1500h-no-sound.91212/post-1020869

Technically it should be different from factory reset.

Seems there are multiple factory resets for Denon AVRs:
  1. Press Channel+, Channel- together with power on: this resets all settings and "Initialized" is displayed
  2. Press Zone2 Source, Status together with power on: this displays some funny characters on display and also resets settings
  3. Press Dimmer, Channel- together with power on: this resets firmware, takes 5-6 minutes to complete the reset
For me, since the sound disappeared after power going/coming back several times, I first thought it is some hardware issue but tried 1 and 2 resets above nonetheless but for no avail. It was only after firmware reset with 3 that I got my sound back.

Just got an X550BT delivered and the remote isn't as high quality as, say, Sony products' or my old Yamaha YHT 196 HTiB set. Feels a bit lower build quality like a Tata DTH remote lol.

Just got an X550BT delivered and the remote isn't as high quality as, say, Sony products' or my old Yamaha YHT 196 HTiB set. Feels a bit lower build quality like a Tata DTH remote lol.
True a lot of brands are skimping on these points even though they charge sky high.

I got an X8500HA for a good price. Haven’t worked up the courage to do Audyssey yet. 8 positions! How much time does calibration take ? I’m coming from Pioneer MCACC.

I got an X8500HA for a good price. Haven’t worked up the courage to do Audyssey yet. 8 positions! How much time does calibration take ? I’m coming from Pioneer MCACC.
If you have single row of seating then there is no necessity to do it for all 8 positions.3 are sufficient

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back