DENON Owners thread

I beg to differ from most opinions here. Rs 185000 is a damn good budget to go the pre power route. I totally agree that 7200 is a TOTL AVR and no questions about. But AVRs tend to become obsolete very fast with new formats and codecs coming in. So why not go for something like an EMOTIVA for example. Then your power amps become permanent and you would only need to change the processor once in every 2-3 years or so. If you are still stuck on 7200 max would be 1 lakh in my opinion. Choice is of course yours.
Very logical opinion and makes a lot of sense. Avr's become obsolete soon with new formats coming out.

Yes it's a well known fact that pre-pro is a much better choice for audio quality too.
But one should have deep pockets to go that way:p.
A good pre pro setup will cost atleast 2 to 3 times of AVR.
If a person is 50:50 percent music/movie person then another option would be to get a good stereo powered amp for stereo listening and use it as a power amp with the avr while watching movies. Only the avr can get upgraded after few years.

Appreciate the advise and guidance provided. I think I will skip this deal as honestly have too many serious expenses now given the festive season and even till Feb.....will manage with my current setup.

Appreciate the advise and guidance provided. I think I will skip this deal as honestly have too many serious expenses now given the festive season and even till Feb.....will manage with my current setup.
Such deals don't come often. Do a setup cleanup and get the amp. Its a great receiver and trust me till the next big thing becomes the main stay this receiver will keep you happy. Just a thought.

MaSh

Such deals don't come often. Do a setup cleanup and get the amp. Its a great receiver and trust me till the next big thing becomes the main stay this receiver will keep you happy. Just a thought.

MaSh

Tempting guidance! ;) Let's see

Hi All,
I am observing a weird behavior in my X1600H. not sure why but suddenly there is no sound coming from Front Right channel. earlier it was not coming from Surround Right as well. I refixed the cable to both these and also did a AVR reset. not able to understand what is wrong.

please let me know if anyone came across similar issue.

please ignore. I took out the whole front right cable and reconnected it. Looks to be working now. No idea what was wrong earlier.
That's great. Are the cables terminated or bare? Such things happen when there is a short especially when using bare wires.

MaSh

That's great. Are the cables terminated or bare? Such things happen when there is a short especially when using bare wires.

MaSh
The cables are bare. I did clip the cable tips before reconnection. Would banana plug be a better option? or if there are other options to properly terminate the cables.

The cables are bare. I did clip the cable tips before reconnection. Would banana plug be a better option? or if there are other options to properly terminate the cables.
If there are no stray strands then it should be fine. However, proper termination do safeguard against such strands touching the cabinet or a neighbouring cable, resulting in a short.

MaSh

a doubt.. i am using surround sound ( 4 +atmos 4) at +6 db is ok?
LRF is 0.
but the effect is superb..
if it is ok or what ?
thanks..

a doubt.. i am using surround sound ( 4 +atmos 4) at +6 db is ok?
LRF is 0.
but the effect is superb..
if it is ok or what ?
thanks..
Surronds will outperform LRF.they will suppress fronts sound all that you will hear is from surronds as they have ore gain and nearer to you .this is my experience

Surronds will outperform LRF.they will suppress fronts sound all that you will hear is from surronds as they have ore gain and nearer to you .this is my experience
sorry.. but when atmos/surround sounds come it is better performing. even this level it doesn't suppress the LRF. this is my experience..
thanks..

sorry.. but when atmos/surround sounds come it is better performing. even this level it doesn't suppress the LRF. this is my experience..
thanks..
For ex in a movie theatre most of the time we hear sound coming from the screen side ie fronts have more voice .sirronds are usually less performing speakers than fronts.since Atmos and surrounds are at your ear level and nearer they sound good.
Ultimately whatever suits us using that will be good

while resiting my denon 2600..reshifting in fact...can i align the speakers(pair0 in such a way that 1 speaker is closer to the avr than the 0ther...and will this have any impact in auddyseey..ing the setup again.this is happening because of some huge sofa which is interfering in the siting of the equipment.im using a bookshelf pair only.

while resiting my denon 2600..reshifting in fact...can i align the speakers(pair0 in such a way that 1 speaker is closer to the avr than the 0ther...and will this have any impact in auddyseey..ing the setup again.this is happening because of some huge sofa which is interfering in the siting of the equipment.im using a bookshelf pair only.
Ideally, the distance to the seating positions matters and now how far the speakers are from the receiver. You would be placing the mic at seating positions and not on the receiver. Try to have all speakers equidistant from seating positions so that their levels are more or less similar.

MaSh

For ex in a movie theatre most of the time we hear sound coming from the screen side ie fronts have more voice .sirronds are usually less performing speakers than fronts.since Atmos and surrounds are at your ear level and nearer they sound good.
Ultimately whatever suits us using that will be good
Yes, I too prefer to run my surrounds hotter than fronts, even though mine is just a 4.1 setup. The rear surrounds are around 3 db higher than the fronts.

MaSh

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back