DENON Owners thread

Okay. Thanks.
My mains are set to -6dB (By calibration) and center channel at -2dB (set manually). Anything >-2dB and dialog is lost.
Its a bit strange cause the center speakers you folks use or have used have a lower sensitivity rating so I'd expect you to struggle with gain more than me.
My center channel is rated at 91dB, lab measurement. I guess I am dealing with a krapp receiver amplifier section.
Check this out...

I'm looking to replace my 10yr old Denon AVR, eyeing 3700H, going through user threads as left me confused, Denon changing the DAC chips from AKM to pcm5102a and an adapter kit to address HDMI 2.1 issues(not a gamer so it doesn't bother me)
is it the best time to buy?

hi,
i have purchased denon avr x6700h pairing with DAli zensor 5 tower speaker, dali vokal ,dali sub and phase cs 6r micro. added polk rti80 for additional top speaker and dali Alteco c1 for rear surround.
Setup 2 f+4 surround +1 center +4 atmos . ie 11.1 .
after audissey32 setup my volume is very low. i should have to up scale 70 for sound.
is there is any setup tips can you provide.
thanks.

hi,
i have purchased denon avr x6700h pairing with DAli zensor 5 tower speaker, dali vokal ,dali sub and phase cs 6r micro. added polk rti80 for additional top speaker and dali Alteco c1 for rear surround.
Setup 2 f+4 surround +1 center +4 atmos . ie 11.1 .
after audissey32 setup my volume is very low. i should have to up scale 70 for sound.
is there is any setup tips can you provide.
thanks.
Audyssey results and values you can just use as a baseline. You definitely need to tweak manually the crossovers, distance for sub and gain for each speakers. Also try running audysey using the mobile apd and disable mid range compensation. Dynamic eq will boost the dynamics.

I thought I could do this using the Quick Select function but it does not look like I can.
The receiver is an AVR 3312.
Is there a one click (or button) option to toggle between sub woofer on and off and while doing this, getting the main speakers to switch to Full Range, remove the cross over point for the sub woofer so all the bass comes from the mains?

Hi ,

I have a denon dra-800h amp. I want to pair a CD player . I am confused between denon 600ne and 800ne cd player. Which one would be a good choice for my chain ? Also how does the DAC compare between the two ?

Kindly provide your inputs !!

In the last few weeks, I have run into a problem with my x1400h. When I switch my set up on, the power indicator of the receiver blinks rapidly and switches between various modes(Tv audio/Media player). Even the remote doesn't work then. After a few such cycles, the receiver powers down.
I've connected/disconnected the HDMI cables and power cables, have plugged the power source to a different plug. Doesn't help.
Sometimes the receiver works without any issues for 2-3 hours and then again the issue reappears.
Any possible solutions?

In the last few weeks, I have run into a problem with my x1400h. When I switch my set up on, the power indicator of the receiver blinks rapidly and switches between various modes(Tv audio/Media player). Even the remote doesn't work then. After a few such cycles, the receiver powers down.
I've connected/disconnected the HDMI cables and power cables, have plugged the power source to a different plug. Doesn't help.
Sometimes the receiver works without any issues for 2-3 hours and then again the issue reappears.
Any possible solutions?
Hi Barun,

Were you using your receiver regularly or occasionally during monsoon. Since maximum number of issues concerning electronics happens during monsoon due to moisture.
My Marantz avr too was not outputting sound to speakers initially since my usage was occasional. I keep it on everyday after that for around 1 hour and it has started functioning to its 80% capacity of its original state.

Regards,
Nitin

Any possible solutions?

Last option is try doing a reset. If under warranty, take it to the service center. Read the Owners Manual carefully before taking any troubleshooting steps!

Hi Barun,

Were you using your receiver regularly or occasionally during monsoon. Since maximum number of issues concerning electronics happens during monsoon due to moisture.
My Marantz avr too was not outputting sound to speakers initially since my usage was occasional. I keep it on everyday after that for around 1 hour and it has started functioning to its 80% capacity of its original state.

Regards,
Nitin
Thanks for the reply.

I have been using the receiver approx 10 hours in a week spanning 3 days on average.

Thanks for the reply.

I have been using the receiver approx 10 hours in a week spanning 3 days on average.
Most welcome, that's a decent number of hours per week considering people are generally tied up with other work.
As Efernand1 has suggested , no harm in trying the reset option after saving your Audyssey settings before showing the technician. But pls try keeping it on everyday maybe for 30 mins for 2 weeks and observe if any changes happen for the best.

Hi...while shifting my house and after disconnecting my AV setup..hv forgotten where to connect the elac bookshelf speakers with my denonj 2600...please advice...will it be Front L and R??i am using only these 2 speakers as of now.also one elac speaker outer mesh has 2 broken locks...where to manage them now

Hello,
i am having Denon x6700H . i should go to 80 for loud volume. before that i used X2300H . in that it i reach 60 the sound is very good.
what should i do?
Is there any professional at Chennai for calibrating X6700H. thanks.

Hello,
i am having Denon x6700H . i should go to 80 for loud volume. before that i used X2300H . in that it i reach 60 the sound is very good.
what should i do?
Is there any professional at Chennai for calibrating X6700H. thanks.
After switching to 6700 from 2300 did you make any changes. If only avr was switched you should be getting more performance over the 2300. Also make sure the settings are similar as well. I switched from 2400 to 4500 and the improvements where clearly audible. It was not only in loudness but with the details as well.

i connected my dvr/firetv/blueray through HDmI to my denon. output to TV ARC.
suddenly that particular hdmi is not working. my fire tv is working.
whether this kind of problem occur?

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back