DENON Owners thread

Having an issue when I power on my 2309 - there is a hum in speakers for 2 minutes. It goes away and amp works just fine. Except that I’m also getting protection mode once a month or so randomly. What might be the issue? Any ideas?

Having an issue when I power on my 2309 - there is a hum in speakers for 2 minutes. It goes away and amp works just fine. Except that I’m also getting protection mode once a month or so randomly. What might be the issue? Any ideas?
Check earth wire working.

The problem with Denon India ....all that get posted is all but AVRs.. pages and pages
sad case. The reason why Denon India is not even considering their 2500 series in India anymore. So much for "Indian Audiophiles"

A doubt.
i am connected Samsung QN90A with eARC to Denon. when i switch atmos content in tV denon automatically shows Atmos.
If i Change music mode switch in Denon to dolby surround etc whether It will play atmos or Denon surround.
i think i can able to put my question correctly.
thanks..

A doubt.
i am connected Samsung QN90A with eARC to Denon. when i switch atmos content in tV denon automatically shows Atmos.
If i Change music mode switch in Denon to dolby surround etc whether It will play atmos or Denon surround.
i think i can able to put my question correctly.
thanks..
The receiver will downmix to the mode you choose. It is best to auto-pick the receiving codec.

MaSh

Hi,

Was not able to find a an opinion on Denon X7200WA Made in Japan AVR.

One of my friends in another audio group plans to sell the same and I am partially considering to buy it, Honestly an overkill for me in terms of my listening space etc. I am looking out for any feedback or opinion from owners of this Mammoth beast model from Denon.

Hopefully may steer my decision to go for it or let someone else benefit. Its 2 years old and with box and all supplied accessories.

Hi,

One of my friends in another audio group plans to sell the same and I am partially considering to buy it, Honestly an overkill for me in terms of my listening space etc. I am looking out for any feedback or opinion from owners of this Mammoth beast model from Denon.

Hopefully may steer my decision to go for it or let someone else benefit. Its 2 years old and with box and all supplied accessories.
Eddie, I know what you are doing. Lol. I know you want it. Just go grab it if the price is right. More never hurts.

MaSh

Eddie, I know what you are doing. Lol. I know you want it. Just go grab it if the price is right. More never hurts.

MaSh

Have been a Marantz user since 2012 and moving to a Denon....thats on my mind, Secondly this model supposedly is like a SR8012 so....

Hi,

It was a flagship AVR of the time.If history and budget is not an issue, please go for it.

Have been a Marantz user since 2012 and moving to a Denon....thats on my mind, Secondly this model supposedly is like a SR8012 so....
Yes, they are more or less the same. Moreover, at that level, the line of differences is quite blurry. Grab it before it's gone. It will surely be a jump from your current receiver.

MaSh

Yes, they are more or less the same. Moreover, at that level, the line of differences is quite blurry. Grab it before it's gone. It will surely be a jump from your current receiver.

MaSh

Big jump! Ask is around Rs 185000 age 2 years as good as showroom condition. Contemplating if I can drop that kind of investment now ?

Big jump! Ask is around Rs 185000 age 2 years as good as showroom condition. Contemplating if I can drop that kind of investment now
That's still a good deal. You would not have to think of upgrading the receiver for a Long Long time. That said, yes it is a sizeable amount and you are the best judge for that.

MaSh

Hi,

I beg to differ from most opinions here. Rs 185000 is a damn good budget to go the pre power route. I totally agree that 7200 is a TOTL AVR and no questions about. But AVRs tend to become obsolete very fast with new formats and codecs coming in. So why not go for something like an EMOTIVA for example. Then your power amps become permanent and you would only need to change the processor once in every 2-3 years or so. If you are still stuck on 7200 max would be 1 lakh in my opinion. Choice is of course yours.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back