DENON Owners thread

if i buy a used x4100 from someone locally, can i upgrade it to Auro3D as a second owner in India ?

Last edited:
planning to pick up a X3800h. so many online sellers are there and also many offline sellers. wanted to know how can a dealer prove to me that he is a genuine DENON dealer and that producing his invoice will assure 1 yr warranty at the service center. what do i need to ask them any tips?

planning to pick up a X3800h. so many online sellers are there and also many offline sellers. wanted to know how can a dealer prove to me that he is a genuine DENON dealer and that producing his invoice will assure 1 yr warranty at the service center. what do i need to ask them any tips?
Stick to the popular and well known outlets. Hifimart, profx, etc.

MaSh

suddenly my denon AVR X1500H receiver not showing Bluetooth & network, in network it's humble showing "waiting......". reset the receiver but problem not solved. network , bluetooth & set-up assistant are disabled

Configured my new 1700H. Audyssey made me calibrate for three rows of seats although we only have one.

I have a Pioneer 1020K which is 12 years old and still going strong.

My first impression was that my Pioneer whose volume range is -80 to +12...at -15 it gets very loud.

with the Denon, even at 80% it doesnt match my Pioneer's -15 vol. Even the 5.1 effect seemed like it was less effective than my Pioneer. Just want to add that I do not have a sub with Denon....since both my Pioneer AVR and the Sub are from USA and hence both were moved downstairs as they share a step down transformer. It was closer to midnight and hence I was a bit cautious with the volume. Will try again during daytime to see how it sounds when I crank up the volume.

I am guessing this is due my ears adjusting to a new receiver. however one issue that I clearly faced was the amount of volume coming from the speakers. I only used the Audyssey and my surround backs sounded very loud compared to the front three speakers. Worst was the center speaker which was really bad given it is supposed to sound the loudest during dialogues.

Is this is a wiring issue? for example when I play the conjuring DTS trailer...this is my go to video to showcase the 5.1 capabilities. Here the dialogues were almost 90% down compared to pioneer for the center speaker. However when I do the windows advanced sound test where it sends test signals...the front three speakers sound the same and the back speakers are way louder...hence not sure why when I play the clip, the dialogues are almost muted

Last edited:
Configured my new 1700H. Audyssey made me calibrate for three rows of seats although we only have one.

I have a Pioneer 1020K which is 12 years old and still going strong.

My first impression was that my Pioneer whose volume range is -80 to +12...at -15 it gets very loud.

with the Denon, even at 80% it doesnt match my Pioneer's -15 vol. Even the 5.1 effect seemed like it was less effective than my Pioneer. Just want to add that I do not have a sub with Denon....since both my Pioneer AVR and the Sub are from USA and hence both were moved downstairs as they share a step down transformer. It was closer to midnight and hence I was a bit cautious with the volume. Will try again during daytime to see how it sounds when I crank up the volume.

I am guessing this is due my ears adjusting to a new receiver. however one issue that I clearly faced was the amount of volume coming from the speakers. I only used the Audyssey and my surround backs sounded very loud compared to the front three speakers. Worst was the center speaker which was really bad given it is supposed to sound the loudest during dialogues.

Is this is a wiring issue? for example when I play the conjuring DTS trailer...this is my go to video to showcase the 5.1 capabilities. Here the dialogues were almost 90% down compared to pioneer for the center speaker.
Based on reading your post, check your settings manually once more. Try adjusting it manually, I feel it might improve.

We will check the wiring as well. Hope there is no issue with the AVR itself. Also hope it will allow me to manually increase only the center speaker volume...tried yesterday and couldnt find the option..hope its there

We will check the wiring as well. Hope there is no issue with the AVR itself. Also hope it will allow me to manually increase only the center speaker volume...tried yesterday and couldnt find the option..hope its there
Yes,you can manually increase only center channel volume.
Without entering main menu on the remote itself you have speaker volume levels option for x1700h.
Further for your model enter settings and check impedance settings( 6 ohms etc).
In most cases it is automatic, but here you can recheck and set accordingly.
Please forget the audyssey and set volume levels for each channel playing content you are familiar with. Not trailers, play a movie.
Use decibel meter app, 75 db all around from your viewing position.
These are some of things I have done for a friend who moved from a decade old onkyo to 1700h and had similar observations like you.
Hope this helps.

Forget the purchasing price. Think about future expenses. Whether it is Denon 1700 or 3700, receivers will last only 3 years. Your repair cost would be approx 40k for board change after that for 1700 itself. 3700 X might work out to 60 to 75k. And the EB units more powerful amplifiers suck will be almost 50% that of an AC. So go for entry level if you dont wish to spend yet another fortune in a few years and have to decide on whether to repair it or go for a new one. But if you want more power and pre-outs which will only matter for Netflix or Blurays, very less content available currently, you must just be a wise and not so reckless spender on this rabit hole trap.
My Marantz receiver SR 7005 lasted a good 9+ years before I hit issues with the HDMI board. I used it extensively!
My receiver had fantastic ventilation, and I used a power amp for my fronts after 4-5 years.

I would certainly like to know based on what the above comment was made.

My Marantz receiver SR 7005 lasted a good 9+ years before I hit issues with the HDMI board. I used it extensively!
My receiver had fantastic ventilation, and I used a power amp for my fronts after 4-5 years.

I would certainly like to know based on what the above comment was made.
Could you say all reveivers last 9 years? Speakers do but reveivers dont last more than 3 or 4 years where a very popular moisture induced pcb repair work has been documented by many in this forum itself due to Indian climatic conditions. Plus HDMI boards are the problem child as u have witnessed yourself. It could happen a day after warranty too. 9 years is an outlier case. The possible median and mode of such data distribution available by those who own a receivee would fall at 3 years.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back