DENON Owners thread

Many thanks to fellow member Prodigy for guiding me through my denon 2600 setup...he had the patience and the intention...the elac speakers are burning in...hope to hear better music as the burning in completes

Using X2600H. Signal was showing DD+ but the active speakers info in Denon was showing only 2 that means
Check audio output settings on shield, enable DD/DD+and ensure shield output is 5.1. Once the streaming is on, press yellow button on the remote ("Direct" audio mode) and see what the audio format is.

I have an X1600h and I connected my laptop on the front HDMI port. The AVR is connected to my hisense 50inch.
Now I wanted to check if I can play HDR files via MPCHC with MadVR, but the AVR is not passing the hdr signal which I checked via the picture settings.
Now I connected the laptop directly to the TV and the picture mode switched to HDR.
Is the front port limited in this regard or do I need to change something?
Was using Win10 with HDR enabled in display settings and was playing Dolby Vision files taken from Thedigitaltheater.
Also the TV showed only HDR when playing DV file. I do not have a Netflix account to check DV hence this route.

no result...my bluettoth laptop and asus phone just dont read this avr

Check the AVR manual.....some of the brands have cautions and disclaimers mentioned about connectivity of certain brands and minimum requirements etc.....so suggest you read the manual carefully....possibility of missing a step

Check audio output settings on shield, enable DD/DD+and ensure shield output is 5.1. Once the streaming is on, press yellow button on the remote ("Direct" audio mode) and see what the audio format is.

Irony is Netflix and hotstar plays with 5.1 on same device (shield pro) except prime video. I have checked the settings on shield, they are all intact. I shall try again today by changing-rechanging the settings, let me see.

I would like to post something here and get some help. No exactly an issue but I feel I am lacking something here when it comes to quality of sound. I mean minute details.
I have paired my Denon 2600 with Elac speakers LCR and a BIC PL200ii sub. May be it’s the wires as I am using an old one still and both the LR speakers do not have the same length.
I did spend sometime tinkering with the settings today after a long time and did make some difference from the past but I still feel I may be loosing something.
I did try some music today using Airplay and I think I have almost reached my goal but when it comes to movies, I am not getting that thump. My source is my Smart TV connected via ARC and most of the movies played on Netflix and Prime does not have that vocal clarity when it comes to dialogue delivery and some action scenes like punching or tank bombing does not have that rumble. Do you think moving to a better streaming device can probably change this?? I really have to crank up the volume close to 60 if I have to get the dialogs from the movies.
I am left with some 10sqmm Polycab Electrical Wires with me. Do you suggest to hook that up for my LCR’s and try. ??

I would like to post something here and get some help. No exactly an issue but I feel I am lacking something here when it comes to quality of sound. I mean minute details.
I have paired my Denon 2600 with Elac speakers LCR and a BIC PL200ii sub. May be it’s the wires as I am using an old one still and both the LR speakers do not have the same length.
I did spend sometime tinkering with the settings today after a long time and did make some difference from the past but I still feel I may be loosing something.
I did try some music today using Airplay and I think I have almost reached my goal but when it comes to movies, I am not getting that thump. My source is my Smart TV connected via ARC and most of the movies played on Netflix and Prime does not have that vocal clarity when it comes to dialogue delivery and some action scenes like punching or tank bombing does not have that rumble. Do you think moving to a better streaming device can probably change this?? I really have to crank up the volume close to 60 if I have to get the dialogs from the movies.
I am left with some 10sqmm Polycab Electrical Wires with me. Do you suggest to hook that up for my LCR’s and try. ??
Volume of 60 is pretty normal for Netflix and prime. For me, with Netflix it would be close to 65. It's because of compressed audio being sent during streaming. I don't think it will be a huge difference getting a streamer. But do check on the actual signal which you are getting during streaming by pressing info button. Some TV send stereo sound by default instead of multi channel. Another thing to consider is that recently Netflix has been known to throttle the content quality...

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back