DENON Owners thread

Instead of experiencing and doing trial and research its better to show to the authorise service center. Pro-Fx have better service quality for Denon products. They charge Rs. 1200/- as service charge.
The problem is that my place is far from Mumbai.

Denon use to have facilities of firmware download......I had downloaded from http: firmware.denon.eu and had updated my first update through usb route. Unfortunately that zip file is no longer with me.

As a last resort I could try a USB update...but I don't have the update file. I had emailed preetiglobal.com.

If by any chance you guys have ...or know resources who can share the firmware ,I will be very grateful.

As suggested I will check with the profx guys....but since I bought my AVR from a different shop Mumbai, will they entertain my request?

I had also registered my AVR at denon website....and reached out to customer care, but they are yet to respond to my request.

A little update: as per FAQs on the denon website, I had done a factory firmware restore using this method- power on while pressing tuner preset - with dimmer. Unfortunately the restore process goes upto 36% ...then gives an error "update error A202...update error B202"

The problem is that my place is far from Mumbai.

Denon use to have facilities of firmware download......I had downloaded from http: firmware.denon.eu and had updated my first update through usb route. Unfortunately that zip file is no longer with me.

As a last resort I could try a USB update...but I don't have the update file. I had emailed preetiglobal.com.

If by any chance you guys have ...or know resources who can share the firmware ,I will be very grateful.

As suggested I will check with the profx guys....but since I bought my AVR from a different shop Mumbai, will they entertain my request?

I had also registered my AVR at denon website....and reached out to customer care, but they are yet to respond to my request.

A little update: as per FAQs on the denon website, I had done a factory firmware restore using this method- power on while pressing tuner preset - with dimmer. Unfortunately the restore process goes upto 36% ...then gives an error "update error A202...update error B202"
Have you tried the troubleshooting manual for this AVR? It gives some explanation for the error codes
Error 2A02 can be interpreted as 2A (for device) - GUI 02 (error code) Write error.
Did not find anything for 2B02. May be you can check it yourself if you have not done so already

Last edited:
Have you tried the troubleshooting manual for this AVR? It gives some explanation for the error codes
Error 2A02 can be interpreted as 2A (for device) - GUI 02 (error code) Write error.
Did not find anything for 2B02. May be you can check it yourself if you have not done so already
This is for x2400

My model is Denon X2500H.

I just wish I could download the firmware for an USB UPDATE.

Thanks for this link.

Guys
Since the importer as mentioned on denon website was Preeti Trading www.preetiglobal.com and since my device packing had their tag, I contacted them about this issue. I was then directed to contact their service centre guy (a Mr Kunal).

When I contacted Mr Kunal, his PA helpfully made me talked with an engineer, who diagnosed the problem as "motherboard is gone". Regarding the servicing of the device Mr Kunals PA wanted me to send a servicing request to [email protected] (gmail messaged me "address not found"). Mr Kunal had also taken my email, was to email with a quotation ...but am yet to receive the email.

So guys I am wondering, as I am a little far off place in Manipur, can you please help me out in :

Recommending me a good service centre ?
Thanks in advance.

Hey Guys. I have been on a quest to setup my home theater and had finalised a reciever in range Denon x1600H or Yamaha v585. But now I have been told by my dealers that both are not available in stock. One of the dealer gave an option for Denon S750H and quoted 51000/- for it. Searched the threads but found little info about it. Could anyone give me some info regarding the same or point me to the right direction ?
TIA

Hey Guys. I have been on a quest to setup my home theater and had finalised a reciever in range Denon x1600H or Yamaha v585. But now I have been told by my dealers that both are not available in stock. One of the dealer gave an option for Denon S750H and quoted 51000/- for it. Searched the threads but found little info about it. Could anyone give me some info regarding the same or point me to the right direction ?
TIA
Just got my x1600h yesterday, and was available at only one place in Delhi. He had the s750h too, got the x1600h for the better version of audyssey. The s750h comes with basic MultiEQ while the x1600H has MultiEQ XT that offers better room correction.
And the x series just has overall better components than the s series.

Hi Friends,

I have recently bought Demon x1600h with Elac b6.2. While i am playing songs over Bluetooth, it plays well for about 30-40 mins fine. Then audio starts breaking up often. Then i need to disconnect Bluetooth and again connect to continue the playback. Anybody faced similar issues. My AVR connected to 1kva online UPS and it gets clean power.

With USB, there is no issue with playback.

Hi Friends,

I have recently bought Demon x1600h with Elac b6.2. While i am playing songs over Bluetooth, it plays well for about 30-40 mins fine. Then audio starts breaking up often. Then i need to disconnect Bluetooth and again connect to continue the playback. Anybody faced similar issues. My AVR connected to 1kva online UPS and it gets clean power.

denon avr will have this issue...i had the same with my denon 2600...googling showed me no effective solution...trty using the HEOS app to play on wifi...unless you are a bluetooth fan...i have a 2600 denon with elac b6.2s

denon avr will have this issue...i had the same with my denon 2600...googling showed me no effective solution...trty using the HEOS app to play on wifi...unless you are a bluetooth fan...i have a 2600 denon with elac b6.2s
Thanks Anirudh. Let me try that. I am now relieved that its a common problem.

Hi Friends,

Try playing the Music from HEOS App if you are playing from your Mobile. It can pass lossless audio with Flac files as posed to loosey Bluetooth.

Try playing the Music from HEOS App if you are playing from your Mobile. It can pass lossless audio with Flac files as posed to loosey Bluetooth.
Thanks Anirudh & OM. I tried the HEOS app. Its far better than the Bluetooth connectivity. It provide flexibility of selection of songs and sound mode also compared to the USB playback for FLAC files. Your inputs were really useful.

Thanks Anirudh & OM. I tried the HEOS app. Its far better than the Bluetooth connectivity. It provide flexibility of selection of songs and sound mode also compared to the USB playback for FLAC files. Your inputs were really useful.
Happy to help ☺

I'm using Denon AVR X1000 almost 8 years & quite happy with it. The only problem as of now in it is I can't do Audyssey Set up since AVR does not recognize the Audyssey set up mic. & keep on searching ......... endlessly if mic is connected. Any solution to this? is welcome.
Above AVR is connected to Sony 6 Ohms speakers. I thought of going for speaker upgrade including Sub, preferably to Dali or Wharfedale. But bit confused. Going for AVR upgrade better or Speaker & Sub better.
Goal of upgrade is simple. To enhance more of my sound experience. Existing sound itself is good but after a period always we may wish bit more. It is so.
Good guidance, suggestions & solutions are welcome. Don't suggest upgrade both :):) because finance is limited.

I'm using Denon AVR X1000 almost 8 years & quite happy with it. The only problem as of now in it is I can't do Audyssey Set up since AVR does not recognize the Audyssey set up mic. & keep on searching ......... endlessly if mic is connected. Any solution to this? is welcome.
Above AVR is connected to Sony 6 Ohms speakers. I thought of going for speaker upgrade including Sub, preferably to Dali or Wharfedale. But bit confused. Going for AVR upgrade better or Speaker & Sub better.
Goal of upgrade is simple. To enhance more of my sound experience. Existing sound itself is good but after a period always we may wish bit more. It is so.
Good guidance, suggestions & solutions are welcome. Don't suggest upgrade both :):) because finance is limited.
I would first upgrade my speakers followed by AVR/Electronic. A good speaker will last for a decade but any AVR/Electronic will become obsolete after 2/3 years.

Upgrade your speakers first. Don't get me wrong but Sony speakers are not exactly of audiophile grade. You will experience a marked difference if you upgrade to something like Dali.

Try connecting different mic to check mic itself is an issue. Also check Mic wire if it not cut or short.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back