Denon PMA 600NE or Yamaha RN303

Asia6666

Dear All,

I am confused between network stereo receiver (Yamaha RN303) vs a Stereo Amplifier (Denon PMa 600ne).

Intention is to use the equipment for TV output and connect it to my Samsung Tab for streaming music & FM.

Please guide as I am unable to determine which one to choose - just want the better sound output.

if its just for only music , a stereo amp is usually the better choice.

Denon PMA 600NE is just a stereo amplifier and Yamaha RN 303D is Network receiver. You need streaming source with Denon where as Yamaha have it in build. Similar product from Denon is DRA-800 which is well appreciated for features and performance. This may leads to increase in budget by 20k else Yamaha RN603D may be a better option with little increase in price.
Matching speakers plays a big role in performance of set up. So consider both while audition.

Dear All,

I am confused between network stereo receiver (Yamaha RN303) vs a Stereo Amplifier (Denon PMa 600ne).

Intention is to use the equipment for TV output and connect it to my Samsung Tab for streaming music & FM.

Please guide as I am unable to determine which one to choose - just want the better sound output.

For connecting your TV via HDMI you need a receiver. The Denon PMA 600NE is a stereo amp, and not meant for connecting to a TV. The suggetsion to consider the Denon DRA800h is a good one.

For connecting your TV via HDMI you need a receiver. The Denon PMA 600NE is a stereo amp, and not meant for connecting to a TV. The suggetsion to consider the Denon DRA800h is a good one.
Thank you dear Argho,
My tv has an optical out and i am thinking of connecting it to the stereo amp- hence avoiding the HDMI. Is that a good idea? Or would you still suggest that I go for the network receiver?

The Denon PMA 600NE has an optical in and you can connect your Tv to it. As I metioned, if you are looking only at 2 channel Audio then it might just be a better choice from an audio perspective

Thank you dear Argho,
My tv has an optical out and i am thinking of connecting it to the stereo amp- hence avoiding the HDMI. Is that a good idea? Or would you still suggest that I go for the network receiver?

Yes that will work. Pls ensure that in your TV settings, you set Optical out output to stereo. Optical can also carry a 5.1 signal, and the Denon PMA 600NE will not be able to decipher it.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back